Status
Not open for further replies.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Just received this mod today. A very well built / solid device for under $100 that utilizes dual 18650s and can realistically fire up to 120W without issues. The form factor is just perfect on this mod. Similar in width as the cuboid but shorter and fatter which makes it more ergonomic.

Feels very nice in the hand. Its the only mod I have where the fire button is on the opposite side of where your atty sits. (actually the cuboid does this too)

Only tested it for a couple hours so far in power mode, vaping it with a Wotofo Conqueror dual kanthal 24 gauge coils 2.5mm IAD at 0.3ohms @ 38W.

The body doesn't seem to be real carbon fiber.

If you guys are on the hunt for a dual 18650 battery mod that costs less than $100 and has a great small form factor then this might be the perfect match.

Pictures so you guys can get a sense of how small this thing is compared to other mods (smaller than the vapershark dna200 altho slightly heavier).

From left to right:

Vaporshark DNA200, Lavabox DNA200, DX200, Sigelei 213, eleaf Pico, DX200, Paul Marek V3

[edit] Forgot to mention, buttons are firm and clicky. No button rattle, no battery rattle.

[edit2] One thing I dislike about this mod, the button feels like its made of plastic. If it is I'm sure that the paint on the buttons will eventually wear off leaving behind the unpainted plastic.

FullSizeRender 3.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender 4.jpg
FullSizeRender 5.jpg
FullSizeRender 7.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 6.jpg
    FullSizeRender 6.jpg
    998.7 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I am going to be blunt here and if you don't like it too bad.

Every product that gets released into the market always has complaints. If you want a perfect device i would suggest you learn Ohms Law, soldering, manufactoring and make your own. I hear complaints about the DNA and YiHi chips as well. First off you need to understand that for its intended purposes the device does what it says it does. If the TCR/TFR settings do not work well you either now nothing about it or are not adjusting it properly. As far as the Sigelei 213W being firmware upgradeable? Did the actual Sigelei website states this? NO! Therefore the vendors themselves are to blame here people, not Sigelei. The vendor sees the Sigelei has a usb port and automatically assumes firmware upgradeable. Maybe it is maybe it isn't i don't know for sure. But i do know what i see and i see blame going on one person. You really should blame yourselves, seriously.

When you buy a device what are you getting it for? A 213w device really doesn't need firmware updates to be honest lol. Although it would be nice for fixing any firmware issues that may arise from the device. But no let us sit here and complain about the settings not working as intended but yet know nothing about it, lol! Do some research and maybe you will have some answers.

Bottom line....Don't get something you know very little if anything at all about and complain it doesn't work.

So without these complaints and Darth actually testing the TCR using extreme settings for preheat and temp limit would anyone have known that TCR wasn't functioning as intended? Would sigelei have provided a bandaid fix to its Sig213's TCR function?

Forums exist for actual users to share their opinions on pros / cons / issues / enjoyments of specific devices, juices, companies, etc etc etc.

As mentioned, some reviewers were given beta / sample versions from Sigelei themselves. Almost each and every one of them said firmware upgradeable at some point in their review. Maybe sigelei should've stated firmware NOT upgradeable on their website instead of leaving it up in the air?

Blame ourselves for...? Not understanding how TCR works? Ok, yes, I don't have the know-how of calculating the specific TCR values for different wire types, but thankfully theres a plethora of information that you can just google; plugging & playing these numbers ain't rocket science.

Thanks to the information posted in this thread by members who actually have some positive contribution, potential buyers who care about a functioning TCR without having to do workarounds are better informed about this mod and the issues it has.

Darthtanien

May 15, 2016
Ok I just got off the Phone with Sigelei warranty. They are now aware of the problems. They copied my video and are sending it to Sigelei China. Why copied? because I'm going to be removing the video, We do not need more ammo for the FDA. It was only put up to share with you guys. They are "supposedly working on a fix". They have also seen the pictures from the other people who have sent them in. The Beta version apparently does not have these issues, just the release version. They promise they will call me back by Friday to let me know whats going on. They offered to start the warranty with me but I do not want another bad device, and we agreed on that, so they will be back in touch by Friday. I will keep you posted. Video has been made private until i get a return call from Sigelei. Thank you.

Last edited:

VidGamrJ

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hey guys, got my 213 today and it rocks!

Anyway down to business, misfires. I've had a couple. I also discovered what is causing them, for me at least. After I had my first one, I made a mental note to keep holding the firing button if it happens again. When it happened again, I held the button and looked at the screen, it was blank. I had a suspicion as to why this happened so I tested it.

I pressed the fire button to light the screen up and then counted how long it took to go out. I did this again, except this time I pressed the fire button at the same exact time that I expected the screen to go out. Sure enough, that caused a misfire.

I repeated this multiple times with the same results.

The screen with stay lit for 13 seconds after you release the fire button. If you try to fire the mod again at that 13 second mark, it will not fire.

I hope this helps, and I hope it can be patched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
I wanna see pics next to single batt mods, to see how much bigger it is, let's see it next to let's say a sx mini, a evic vtc mini, a provari radius etc....any1 got one?

my pic is next to SXK Zero Mini, Istick tc100w and Istick Pico. not the mods you listed, but should give you an idea.

gXC4lZOl.jpg

Aaron Peik

Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
San Diego, CA
Just going to post here since i've had my 213 for a week. So far not one single issue, have used power mode a bunch, with kanthal then stainless 316 coils in a 22mm griffin and now a 25mm griffen. Have played with preset 316 mode, also tcr, and also TFR. I've in the past few months used a kbox/rx200/vtc mini/snow wolf 200/ipv3. Even with the unusual instant battery readings that fluctuate the battery life is damn good, better bang for the buck battery life than any of the other mods by far, with the vtc-mini coming in second with accounting for only having one battery. I can get 2 days easily out of 2 batteries, where as the vtc mini would use about 3 or just short for two long days of vaping. The snow wolf was barely lucky to get a day and a half out of said pair. This is all with brand new samsung 25r's in each device as i bought them. No misfire issues here and a very well built mod that's tiny for having dual 18650's in it. The TC/preheat thing is a bit weird ill admit but it does function so far as long as you dont leave the wattage below what said coils need to reach max temp quickly.

Now the big question is do have is about upgrading firmware. They claimed it will have it, but not a word on sigelei's site and they have never offered upgrades for any other device(mind you i dont know if they ever produced a mod even with the capability since i havn't owned a sigelei product in years).

Overall id give it an 8.5/10 so far.
Gunmetal finish is not exactly the most durable thing ever and the TC/preheat setting is a little weird.
Otherwise a solid sleek compact device that delivers. This is all just based on my expierence with MY device so please don't attack me haha.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I remember seeing firmware updatable plastered everywhere for the sig213 prior to its release. Pretty sure even those reviewers said so themselves.

At this point I'm doubting everything Sigelei is saying. Did those beta versions really have functional TCR? Is the issue really what they said it is bc they mapped it via F instead of C or vise versa? Does this new Fuchai 213 really have a functional TCR?

Whatever, I'm just going to use this mod under vv/vw and preset tc.

It will be the last Sigelei product I ever purchase bc their business practice is just shady. Sadly Sigelei will never have to own up for their mistakes for the sig213.

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
Still in love with mine. I'd love to buy another, not sure if I'd want the Fuchai even tho its cheaper and "fixed". Battery life seems comparable to my Reuleaux, even with one less battery. Also feels WAY better in the pocket. Fast charging means I don't need to worry about taking extra batteries when I leave the house, which is super nice.

What are the power mode guys using for preheat? I seemed to have settled at 135 for .5 seconds, then dropping to anywhere from 60-90w, depending on how I'm feeling (build is 25KA1 fused clapton with 40N80 wrap, 4mm ID, 7 wraps, .24 ohms).

received_1183165505035485.jpeg

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
And go to the Sig website for their conversions if you want to use TCR.

I wonder how many of the problems are just down to people not using the device properly and how many are legit?

you know, a lot of people are dumb or quick to blame a device when they are the ones not using it right.

There lies the conundrum...

It is the device that doesn't work correctly when used as intended...Workarounds must be used to get somewhat 'proper' functionality.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Can't understand the negative judgement? They were originally told vendors it was upgradable. Built the board to be upgradable, but left off the IC's needed to complete the circuit. It's a 213w device that lets ignore yours (doubt it's hitting the numbers, but let's say they finally fixed it 4 months later), it doesn't go above ~150w. They didn't tell anyone that the TCR system was changed. The TC is broken and temps ramp up the more you vape.

On top of the problems with the device itself. The first reviewer to point out the issues with the device, posted his video about the issues they went on to try to insult him and suggest he was out to get him and threatened to sue them.

Last edited:

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Let us know when you receive the mod. I'm still rather curious to the button materials. Yes I am stuck on a minor detail b/c I am OCD.

So I got and have started using it a little.

My initial impressions.

1. The dude is small. You can't get a great enough feel for the size in the video's. I mean even when Fagan showed it next to a cuboid, it still seemed larger than it is in my hands. I have really small hands and it still feels small.

2. It's very light. Almost felt lighter than the two batteries that came with my order.

3. Its not the most perfect machining ever, but it feels very very very robust. Nothing but the buttons have any give.

4. Carbon fiber or not the finish for that feels great. It almost looks like a wrap around a metal frame. But there is no give, no shifting, no feeling that there is anything behind it. Even if it is carbon fiber there is still probably around a frame, I doubt it's needed for anything but mounting.

5. The screen is great even if a little crowded but it basically gives you all the information you need. One downside is Amps are only shown after you fire at that setting.

6. This goes both ways. Considering the different materials and the bottom door I am surprised how flush everything is. On the other hand for OCD people. There is an almost in imperceptible gap on one of the four corners for the top lid. Which is funny considering a lot of worries were about the battery door which on mine is about as flush as could be. Both in keeping the device flat and keeps the slide from sticking out the device at all.

7. And finally for Rice. The buttons. The only real weak point I have with the device. You are right to worry. They aren't painted. But they are certainly plastic. I don't think they were ever metal, I think they were just chromed plastic in the samples. But they are plastic. Not the end off the world. They are very clicky. They have a pretty good tactile feel. But the trigger should probably be more robust than it is. It's probably a very good thing for this reason it sits mostly flush with the device.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Despite the issues posted, I pulled the plug on a gold 213. Haven't had any issues yet, love the form factor, size and battery life and feels like a quality product.

I guess I bought it knowing what to expect, and got it for a good price. Will see how I get used to the TCR settings.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
OK! Go ahead, point and laugh at the stupid old man! But the world needs more laughter and if I can bring that, even at my expense, it's all good! So......

After getting and using my Sig 213 for a month or so, I placed my order for the orange (hey! at my age I have to make my mods easy to find! :laugh:) Fuchai 213. I am halfway through my "historic" 12 day run that includes my 2 year vapaversary, my 39 year wedding anniversary (rare in these days :wub:), my birthday (not saying which one :shock:), and the 4th :evil: (closest thing I could find to a fireworks emote). Between that and the popular stockpiling epidemic, I figured I deserve a break today and not the Mickey D kind. But why the 213? (I can already hear the snickers! o_O)

What can I say? I love my Sig 213! The size, the fit, the feel, the battery life, and the looks! Yes, absolutely it has some problems, none of which are that detrimental to my vape style. I never go above about 82 watts, I don't make use of the TCR/TFR settings (although I may regret that at some point :unsure:), and the preset TC requires some adjustments. But at this time, I only use on atty with Ti and one with SS and I hated that the 213 would not retain those adjustments for each preset. So here's my idea behind buying the Fuchai 213 (as the snickers increase to a few guffaws :laugh:).....

With two 213's I can use in power mode, I hope to have one set for Ti TC and the other set for SS TC! And the Fuchai in bright orange so I know which is which :hubba: (although due to poor memory, I still may have to label it :facepalm:)! What if I branch out in TC with Ni or different SS you ask? I've always got my Lavabox DNA200 to fall back on as my best TC mod.

So what's not to like? For a mere $60, I've taken care of stockpiling, back-ups for back-ups, and a temporary relief from shinyitis. Now pick yourselves up off the floor, wipe the laughing tears from your eyes, and get back to vaping and accomplishing something/anything more worthy of your time :lol:!

:toast: :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread