Sigelei 30W Owners Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day gentle folk,
Does anyone know what size screw the 510 pin on top is?
One of my friends has the 30w and the screw came loose and he lost it. ugh...
Any where to get replacement screws for the top?
Seems like whenever he screwed on his atty the pin became a little longer and finally it fell out.
Anyway,,, all advise is appreciated ,,,

kwill36

Aug 28, 2014
Austin, TX
I would suggest you try contacting sigelei directly as I haven't seen them for sale anywhere. Funny enough, I just bought my on eBay and in the box were two extra firing pins. I was questioning the authenticity for a min because of that and the fact my bottom cap doesn't have brass in the piece that screws in to secure the battery tighter. But, I don't see anywhere selling clones of these and from what I can tell, it all checks out. May just be changes they made due to customer complaints.

WP_20141101_22_59_28_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

newphreak

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Cold north, NORWAY
Mine doesn't have that brass either. And it was shipped directly from sigelei in china. So I don't need to question the authenticity since it was sent directly.
I was lucky enough to buy a 20W mod, just when it was out of stock and they stopped producing it, so I got a 30W for the same price, and they were kind enough to throw in some probably useless batteries, and an RDA, along with a charger. Probably since my order took so long. So I'm happy. :)
And it did come with two replacement pins, but I find this to work the other way for me. When I screw on my RDA's or tanks, i push the pin further down, until it doesn't get contact anymore, so if I'm not home, I'll have to find something pointy and sharp to screw it back up some. Kind of annoying, but it's not too often, so I'll live.

kwill36

Aug 28, 2014
Austin, TX
Mine doesn't have that brass either. And it was shipped directly from sigelei in china. So I don't need to question the authenticity since it was sent directly.
I was lucky enough to buy a 20W mod, just when it was out of stock and they stopped producing it, so I got a 30W for the same price, and they were kind enough to throw in some probably useless batteries, and an RDA, along with a charger. Probably since my order took so long. So I'm happy. :)
And it did come with two replacement pins, but I find this to work the other way for me. When I screw on my RDA's or tanks, i push the pin further down, until it doesn't get contact anymore, so if I'm not home, I'll have to find something pointy and sharp to screw it back up some. Kind of annoying, but it's not too often, so I'll live.

Ok, that makes me feel even better (that yours doesn't have brass on the battery tightened wheel) and it's been performing with no issues. This thing is so nice! I'm with you also, if anything my firing pin has moved down with certain tanks, not up. I haven't had to make any adjustments when using 510 threaded RBA or tanks. But, did have to adjust it up when using an Ego threaded tank once. I do kind of wish it was spring loaded as when I'm out, I don't usually carry a tool (in case I want to check out an ego threaded tank of a buddy's or something).

Yeah kwill,, shot them an email, twice, but have not heard back from them,,,
I'm thinkin it will be a find it or make one kinda thing,,

Still no luck? I'm surprised they haven't gotten back to yet. Try searching this thread or I think there's another thread (maybe called "How do you like your Sigelei 30w) and someone left a direct Skype contact for a Sigelei rep. Maybe try that. Good luck!

Edit** This is the post (hope it takes you straight to it) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...you-like-your-sigelei-30w-4.html#post13785517

Last edited:

jistjul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
HELP!! I think something is wrong with me. I first tried e-cigs with a cigalike. Didn't work and two years passed before I tried my first ego-type battery and tossed the stinkies out for good. I eventually went to a VW ego-type battery and wanted more flavor. I'm not a cloud chaser, I am a flavor chaser. So I fiddled with tanks and atomizers, BDC, etc...I finally landed on an RBA I like...the fogger V4.1. I also have a 5.0, but I still like my 4.1 better. But with a dual coil rba, I wanted to make coils with 28 gauge kanthal - it is so much easier to work with! I like my coils around 1.5 ish, but with 28 gauge you have to have so many wraps to do a dual coil, and my sigelei Zmax mini won't accept anything less than 1.5-ish. So a lot of the time I am getting the "low load" message. my Zmax goes up to 15 W, but I have never used it that high. My ADV - Ahlusion's Tiramisu - tastes burned any higher than 12 W. Also, with my Zmax Mini the vape weakens as the battery drains. So I went searching for a truly "regulated" APV that would allow me to slip under 1.5 in my coils. I spent $75 on the Sigelei 30 W and another 25 on the Fogger V5 and 30 or so more on batteries and my husband got all nervous because he is still happy with his Aero tanks and Ego battery. The real problem is... I HATE this thing! If I vape at the wattage I like best, it isn't regulated (12) and still tastes burned. Can anyone tell me the secret to maintaining flavor with high wattage? I would simply stick to my mini's if it were not for the fact that I only get about an hour of truly pleasurable vaping as the battery drains. HELP!!

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
I have a Sigelei 30 W and a Sigelei 20 W with a 26650 Tube from VariTube. So I use the Battery cap from my 20 W on the 30 W ,I like the spring battery cap better. I never Vape above 15 watts so I find I still use the 20watt with 26650 batteries more,it's sure stable standing on my desk and is not to heavy enough though the 26650 tube is SS. I quess my 30 W is a good back up and if I accidentally build a coil at .6 ohm instead of .8 . I'm a RTA Guy so most often build around 1.5 ohm.

i_L1fe

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Redding, CA
Here's my experience with this device.

Worked well for close to month...about month in flat top batteries stop connecting to board. Small amounts of juice/condensation getting behind plastic cover.
Month and half use it falls with KFL+ about 3 feet onto carpet and pressure fit top cap gets loose on one side. Bottom Ohms/(Bat volts on load) on display becomes unreadable. Completely remove top cap and lightly tinker with display cable. Doesn't fix screen glitch. Added small folded square post it note between underside of top cap and top of board which prevented board from sliding upward. Flat tops + devices works with distorted display.

Email sigelei (Worldwide) , Sigeleiconny (USA) twice regarding screen/battery/condensation issues. No response.

Worked with distorted display for another 3 months. A week ago, all the sudden device stopped regulating. It would fire same regardless of the wattage setting. (low) Set control head in a bag of rice for a day. Re-installed and chip never powered on again.

Emailed ebay seller purchased it from. bsbindustries to find if he had any other Sigelei email contacts. No reply from ebay seller.

Won't be purchasing another Sigelei product. Vapor Shark rDNA40 on the way.

My conclusion: Good Chip. Poorly constructed PV. Not bad customer service....no customer service.

TTFN.

kimbrell

Nov 19, 2014
I have ran into similar issues. I got my Sigelei 30w back in first part of September. I haven't experienced any leaking or condensation on the screen. However, my top cap completely came off shortly after purchasing the device. I used a small amount of strong adhesive to glue it back together. All worked fine for another month.

One day I woke up, grab my device to get a quick vape, and hit the fire button and it says "short circuit" on the screen. Keep in mind, the device worked perfectly the night before right up until I last used it before going to bed. I unscrewed the tubes, checked the connections, changed the battery, and turned it back on. Everything appears to be working normally, screen works, I can adjust my wattage, etc... But the main thing is I am getting unregulated power. It's only outputting at the lowest setting, which is extremely frustrating.

I have completely disassembled the device, including removing the entire board from the tube. All the connections look fine, there are no indications or electrical shorts or sparks on the board that I can see. The sad part is, I really like this device. It's really great, but after experience these issues it's apparent that the design is poor. I can also confirm, the bottom cap applies pressure to the battery, which then pushed the copper connection pin that is attached to the board. The board isn't secured in any way, and the batter is free to push as much force as you can give to the chip itself. The top of the chip them slips and begins to push on the top cap. I am almost 100% certain that people experience battery connection issues are likely applying too much force with the bottom cap and causing the chip to move inside the tube. This is obviously very poor design.

I am contacting the vendor where I purchased the device back in Sept. They said its under warranty so I am hoping to get a refund or a replacement unit. I definitely will not be buying another Sigelei device anytime soon until they prove that they can improve on their engineering and design. A $100 tube style mod should last a lot longer than 2 months.

i_L1fe

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Redding, CA
Ya. That's not too bad voltage drop under load if you've got it cranked up. When I first got it I had 3 fairly used efest 2000mah. When set at 30W it would drop down to ~3v on fresh bat for just a few drags then just completely stop working until I lowered wattage. Purchased some Sony VTC5s and it resolved it. Even tho some builds aren't really pulling that many amps this device/chip seems to prefer high amp IMR bats.

dshgr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Western Maryland
My Sigelei 30 just started something strange. It turns on, displays correctly, including the correct ohms of the topper. Only problem is it won't fire. My husband checked it with that electrical thingy on the center pin and the outside of the 510 and it is getting power, just won't fire. Anyone else have this problem and know a solution?

I tried a bunch of different tanks that work on everything else but they won't work on the sigelei.

Pheezer

Feb 15, 2014
Tulsa, OK, USA
My Sigelei 30 just started something strange. It turns on, displays correctly, including the correct ohms of the topper. Only problem is it won't fire. My husband checked it with that electrical thingy on the center pin and the outside of the 510 and it is getting power, just won't fire. Anyone else have this problem and know a solution?

I tried a bunch of different tanks that work on everything else but they won't work on the sigelei.

Did you try adjusting the center pin in the 510 connector? It's a screw. Try turning it counter-clockwise 1/2 turn or so and see if it fires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dshgr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Western Maryland
Did you try adjusting the center pin in the 510 connector? It's a screw. Try turning it counter-clockwise 1/2 turn or so and see if it fires.

That's the first thing I tried. Husband took it apart and he sees something fried on the board.

This is my second Sigelei to die an untimely death. I think I'm done.

Pheezer

Feb 15, 2014
Tulsa, OK, USA
Has anyone found an alternative to contacting Sigelei directly to replace the screw in battery cap? I have emailed them but not gotten a response.

Their website, in the Contact Us section, has a USA contact with a name and phone number for after sales service. Have you tried that?

http://www.sigelei.com/index.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newphreak

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Cold north, NORWAY
Hmm, this thing is actually quite sturdy. Or that's my experience anyways. I keep tipping it over from standing and bang it down on my glass table, or steel table at work. And this mod, or even the aspire nautilus has yet to break on me. The tube above the battery is slightly bent, but not by much. No loose connections or anything yet. I need more box mods as they are harder to tip :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread