Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Man... That Blue sure looks Nice with the Black Trim. I wonder how well the Finish will holdup?
If they use the same finish they used on the regular Fuchai mods,it should hold up good.I had one that was my daily carry mod for a long time,constant use,and dropped on concrete several times,and only ever got a small nick in the finish.My son has one as well,been using his everyday for almost a year now,and still looks like new.
The finish on these looks a bit different,as all the others have that metal flake look and these look glossy,but hopefully it's the same just with a different look.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If they use the same finish they used on the regular Fuchai mods,it should hold up good.I had one that was my daily carry mod for a long time,constant use,and dropped on concrete several times,and only ever got a small nick in the finish.My son has one as well,been using his everyday for almost a year now,and still looks like new.
The finish on these looks a bit different,as all the others have that metal flake look and these look glossy,but hopefully it's the same just with a different look.

That's Good to Hear.

I normally am not attracted to Coloured Mods. But that Blue/Black looks Good together.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That's Good to Hear.

I normally am not attracted to Coloured Mods. But that Blue/Black looks Good together.
That's the one i have my eye on too.I have too many black mods,so looking to change it up a bit.I hope in the near future,they will release some other colors too.My old Fuchai is that copper/orange type color and i love the look of it,so to have a squonk mod that color would make me very happy haha.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Got my Fuchai squonk today.I've only used it for about 5 minutes so far,but i really like it.It is almost identical in size to a regular Fuchai,maybe just a mm or wider,but height is the same.I am happy to see the finish is not the glossy look they originally showed either,it is the same metal flake type finish they used on the other Fuchai's as well,so should be a durable finish.The one and only con i can find so far is that tiny bottle,but i can live with that since the mod is really nice.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Got my Fuchai squonk today.I've only used it for about 5 minutes so far,but i really like it.It is almost identical in size to a regular Fuchai,maybe just a mm or wider,but height is the same.I am happy to see the finish is not the glossy look they originally showed either,it is the same metal flake type finish they used on the other Fuchai's as well,so should be a durable finish.The one and only con i can find so far is that tiny bottle,but i can live with that since the mod is really nice.

That's Great to hear b.m. Because remember how I said I would wait until there was some actual User reviews?

Well... I caved. And have one In-Transit. LOL.

Anxious to hear what kind of Battery Life you get with it.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have mine and the bottle is painfully small. I have a pulse 22 on mine for single coil and so far battery life is decent.
Higher wattage didn't impress me for battery life but for a single cell I expected that. Had drop on it in the pic.
20171202_152606.jpg

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Did your bottle smell like a bag of dollar store rubber balloons like mine?

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That's Great to hear b.m. Because remember how I said I would wait until there was some actual User reviews?

Well... I caved. And have one In-Transit. LOL.

Anxious to hear what kind of Battery Life you get with it.
Which color did you end up getting?I got the blue,it's a nice deep blue color and looks good with the black accents.
I can say,while the mod is nice,the rda that comes with it is not very good.Huge proprietary drip tip and no adjustable air flow.
On the battery life,i'm not real impressed yet.I went through about 3ml of juice at 40 watts on a single coil.and the mod says the battery is at 69%.This was a fully charged 20700 when i installed it,although the battery is new,so may get better after a few charge/discharge cycles.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Which color did you end up getting?I got the blue,it's a nice deep blue color and looks good with the black accents.
I can say,while the mod is nice,the rda that comes with it is not very good.Huge proprietary drip tip and no adjustable air flow.
On the battery life,i'm not real impressed yet.I went through about 3ml of juice at 40 watts on a single coil.and the mod says the battery is at 69%.This was a fully charged 20700 when i installed it,although the battery is new,so may get better after a few charge/discharge cycles.

That battery life Doesn't sound that bad. And you are Right. I think battery life Always gets a little better after you have had a New Mod for a couple of days.

When a Mod is New, I think most people spend a Lot of time Pushing Button and Checking Out Menus/Setting. I know I do.

Very Excited to get my hands on mine. And Great to Hear there are No Glaring Issues.

:thumb:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That battery life Doesn't sound that bad. And you are Right. I think battery life Always gets a little better after you have had a New Mod for a couple of days.

When a Mod is New, I think most people spend a Lot of time Pushing Button and Checking Out Menus/Setting. I know I do.

Very Excited to get my hands on mine. And Great to Hear there are No Glaring Issues.

:thumb:
Yeah,after i posted that,i realized it probably wasn't all that bad after all,since my coil is at .55 ohms,it was basically showing 10% battery usage per ml at 40 watts,so not too bad.Although,it has already started to slow down and stabilize some too,i've went through a bottle and a half now,and it's still at 56% battery left.Since i've already had a couple regular Fuchai's,i already knew how the menu and everything was,so i just popped in the battery and set it to 40 watts and started vaping haha,so in my case,i think it was just a case of new battery getting itself settled in.I've been using this mod since yesterday afternoon now,and just keep liking it more and more.The first few hours,it felt really big in my hand,because i haven't used a Fuchai in so long,and i had gotten used to using pretty small mods like the little 3d printed squonkers and a small regulated squonker i have,but after a while,it doesn't feel like that,it has a nice fit in the hand which is what drew me to the original Fuchai when they came out.I think you'll be happy when you get yours,very nice mods for the price.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah,after i posted that,i realized it probably wasn't all that bad after all,since my coil is at .55 ohms,it was basically showing 10% battery usage per ml at 40 watts,so not too bad.Although,it has already started to slow down and stabilize some too,i've went through a bottle and a half now,and it's still at 56% battery left.Since i've already had a couple regular Fuchai's,i already knew how the menu and everything was,so i just popped in the battery and set it to 40 watts and started vaping haha,so in my case,i think it was just a case of new battery getting itself settled in.I've been using this mod since yesterday afternoon now,and just keep liking it more and more.The first few hours,it felt really big in my hand,because i haven't used a Fuchai in so long,and i had gotten used to using pretty small mods like the little 3d printed squonkers and a small regulated squonker i have,but after a while,it doesn't feel like that,it has a nice fit in the hand which is what drew me to the original Fuchai when they came out.I think you'll be happy when you get yours,very nice mods for the price.

Yeah, that's another thing.

I have some Mod's that the Battery Gauges go from 100% to 50% very slowly. But once it hits 50%, they drop Very Quickly. And I have some that tend to do the Direct Opposite.

I'm really looking forward to getting Mine. This will be my 1st Regulated Squonker. Got a Brand New 21700 Battery sitting in the drawer. Even bought a Black NarCa RDA to do the Matchy Matchy thing.

Have you given TC a try yet?

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I think Todd nailed it when he said (roughly paraphrased)...

"If you can Forget about the 150 Watt thing, and just except that it is an 80 Watt Mod, you'll be fine. If you buy this thinking you are getting a lot more, and believe the 150 Watt spec, you are just putting yourself on."

That's pretty much were I'm at. If it can do 80 Watts, I'm OK with it.

If it can do TC, that will be a Bonus.
Just like if it can Actually do a Firmware Upgrade.

But I foresee that there is going to be a Lot of ...... Off people who buy this Squonker.

I'm OK with it too. My two Sig 213 TC mods didn't live up to their '213' rating either. That didn't matter to me, I only occasionally do them over 100W. They work flawlessly for my uses for them.

As of today I'm going to try out one of these 213 Squonkers (it ships today, so ought to get here Monday). If I like it I'll get a second one. I have endless black mods, a few gold ones, a couple of blue, no red... so am going for the red (then blue if I get a 2nd one).

Seriously doubt I'll use the RDA it comes with though... will put one of my many black 24mm bf RDA's on it instead.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm OK with it too. My two Sig 213 TC mods didn't live up to their '213' rating either. That didn't matter to me, I only occasionally do them over 100W. They work flawlessly for my uses for them.

As of today I'm going to try out one of these 213 Squonkers (it ships today, so ought to get here Monday). If I like it I'll get a second one. I have endless black mods, a few gold ones, a couple of blue, no red... so am going for the red (then blue if I get a 2nd one).

Seriously doubt I'll use the RDA it comes with though... will put one of my many black 24mm bf RDA's on it instead.

Sounds Good.

Mine should be here on Monday also. God Willing and Barring any Major USPS Glitches.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Sounds Good.

Mine should be here on Monday also. God Willing and Barring any Major USPS Glitches.

After about 1.5 years of flawless use out of my 2 Sig 213 TC's, I'm not concerned at all that they'll be worth the price of admission. But coming with only one bottle do hope to see someone offer spare bottles for them eventually. I have some new spares of 7ml bottles for other mech squonkers I have that just might work in them though.

Was just going to just use my huge stash of 18650 batts to drive it, but sprung for six 20700 batts for starters since I have another regulated squonker due here by Wednesday that can use them.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sounds Good.

Today is Fuchai Monday. And the Postman didn't disappoint!

So I'm holding in my hand a Deep Matt Blue Fuchai with a Narda attached to it. Have to say, I'm Liking it so far.

It's a little Bigger than I thought. But it Fits my Hand Very Well. And has a Nice Solid Feel.
The Coloured Screen is Cool. Very Easy to Read. And it has a more Modern Look than most of my Mods.
The Finish is Smooth. And looks like an Anodize vs a Powder Coating.
No Battery Rattle with a iJoy 21700. Or with a 18650 in the (Smelly) Black Sleeve.
The Squonk Bottle is Very Soft compared to what I have been using. So that will take some getting used to.

I'm running it right Now in TC Mode. And it Does seem to Throttle Back when the Wick goes Dry. But I don't think you can Adjust the Wattage when in TC Mode. Only the Pre-Heat.

Not sure what the Total Battery Life will be? But the Bar is Going Down Fast from 100%. And I have the TC set at 420F with a 40W Pre-Heat.

Over-All everything seem Good. And my Initial thoughts is this going to be a Keeper.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Not sure what the Total Battery Life will be? But the Bar is Going Down Fast from 100%.
That bar does move very fast haha.It seems to slow down as it gets down to about the 50% mark though.I'm running mine in wattage mode,on a single coil,at 40-45 watts,and i can get through almost 2 full bottles,i probably could get all the way through both,but i've been changing the battery at around 25% or so.You may get a bit longer runtime than i do since your using a 21700,i only have the 20700,so you should have a bit more capacity.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That bar does move very fast haha.It seems to slow down as it gets down to about the 50% mark though.I'm running mine in wattage mode,on a single coil,at 40-45 watts,and i can get through almost 2 full bottles,i probably could get all the way through both,but i've been changing the battery at around 25% or so.You may get a bit longer runtime than i do since your using a 21700,i only have the 20700,so you should have a bit more capacity.

Yeah... I went with the iJoy 21700 over a Higher CDR 20700 just to pick up some Extra mAh.

I've started in Wattage Mode. And I could see that it can Output more Watts than what I need/want for my Average Build. So all good there.

Then I switched to TC Mode and run the RDA Dry to see if TC would Kick in. It seemed to. And I have to say, it was Very Hard Mentally to Intentionally try to get a Dry Hit. LOL

So I have been Kinda Chain Vaping on it.

If I can get about the same Vape Time/ml's as I did on my Mech with a 3000 mAh Battery with the Fuchai, I'll be Happy. Because being Regulated, I won't get the weaker hit on "Last 1/3" of the battery like on a Mech.

It sure is a Good Looking Mod. That Deep Blue and Black go Great together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread