Sigelei Kaos Spectrum Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
On any device, it comes with what we call a “stock ROM” or the “stock firmware”. This refers to the preinstalled operating system. This ROM usually has limited functionality as defined by the devices manufacturer. By flashing a custom ROM, you can unlock extra features and sometimes improve the performance. Custom roms are operating systems that are rebuilt usually by a group of developers. many different ideas n inputs make for a vast realm of rom features possibilities. None the less, a rom is in fact a firmware with a twist. "That's one a spicy meatball". So you flashing a firmware onto a firmware? I feel sorry For you. You talk about class and intelligence!? name someone on this planet did what I did.. Come talk to my many customers who are always satisfied with the product I provide with my class and intellect.. And all you have to back up Your joke is more words about waiting. For some tech to give You Awnsers? So nothing actually right? Your so smart you literally n figuratively can't get your light to come on? Your not even funny anymore, I feel bad for Laughing at this point like I'm picking on a special needs person.. Sit there with your genius thump up ya..... While I'm gettin paid n doin what you Cant.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Codenomics

Oct 12, 2014
I understand that English is your second language, but that was difficult to read. You contradict yourself a few times I'm there.
If you have a fix for this, then why did you not say that when I originally asked?
Because you don't. What you are saying is that you have a fix for the led issue and yet you won't let anyone else know what it is... You won't even tell anyone that you do...
Cool story.

I will walk away. This is taking up too much of my time. Sorry to the forums for detailing the heck out of this one. If I get any update from the dev then I will update.

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
Codnomics - These are your own words in quote ( "Flashed" meaning flashed the custom firmware to the ROM.
Installation on their site is for a different mod and didn't see anything about the Kaos. I installed the firmware using the sigelei software. ") end quote.

You admit you didn't find kaos firmware. So even when you cudnt find it. You just used a random firmware? Not only the wrong rom, but totally fukn ditch the method of programmers who made it built it? You also keep denying you said you flashed firmware to the rom? Scroll down clown read your ridiculous verbal ........! Now Your not Only Looking foolish for being a ignorant noob but your just a disgrace with your own contradicting lies.. When you move outta mommy's basement n lose your virginity. Maybe get a job then you can come sit at the men's table...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Codenomics

Oct 12, 2014
Nope. Never said I could not find the Kaos software. I said the installation walkthrough is for another device.

Also, nope. I said never said I flashed the ROM to the firmware like you accused me of saying. Please read.

The devs method of installation has not been updated to include the Kaos.

And let's walk away from the internet badassery. You are not intimidating and it doesn't help your case in any way.
Also, using the same played out insults. Upgrade your insults my man.

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Trolling

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
  • Deleted by retired1

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Continued trolling in thread

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Continued trolling in thread

Codenomics

Oct 12, 2014
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Knock it off. Trolling and bickering not permitted

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
  • Deleted by retired1

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
  • Deleted by retired1

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
  • Deleted by retired1

Codenomics

Oct 12, 2014
Too late. And I trust this is the last we'll see this type of behavior.

Nope. I kept feeding that and shouldn't have. Just went back to delete my posts seems that I can't.

I do apologize to y'all. Hell of a first impression eh?

Anyway, before this was all blown out of the water, I spoke with the dev and in his own words...
Kaos Spectrum is existing in two hardware versions. v1 (mine) is supported LED's, v2 does not.

Without v2 in hands it is almost impossible to add support to it.
I am waiting back from him as to if he needs actual device in hand or if I can help him with testing.

Reactions: liblue1

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Even though no one asked and do not have lots of followers (which I do not believe is an indication of ones knowledge or ability), I feel compelled to comment. Some people complain that ECF is too "strict" but for me, it's a safe place to get help. There are other sites that don't have the rules that ECF has, but I was turned off by the tenor of many of the exchanges that often seemed rude for the sake of being rude (not helpful at all). I find a site that's dedicated to helping vapers without allowing rudeness, such as this one, much more preferable than other vaping sites I've seen (and never signed up for as I didn't need that kind of crap in my life). This is the only vaping site in which I partake.
If I were a new member reading this thread, I may have been hesitant to ask questions, which is opposite from what this site is trying to achieve. Many people visit here just to get information on a particular device or vaping problem and in-fighting is not only not helpful, it may deter new members.
Just my 2 cents

Codenomics

Oct 12, 2014
Even though no one asked and do not have lots of followers (which I do not believe is an indication of ones knowledge or ability), I feel compelled to comment. Some people complain that ECF is too "strict" but for me, it's a safe place to get help. There are other sites that don't have the rules that ECF has, but I was turned off by the tenor of many of the exchanges that often seemed rude for the sake of being rude (not helpful at all). I find a site that's dedicated to helping vapers without allowing rudeness, such as this one, much more preferable than other vaping sites I've seen (and never signed up for as I didn't need that kind of crap in my life). This is the only vaping site in which I partake.
If I were a new member reading this thread, I may have been hesitant to ask questions, which is opposite from what this site is trying to achieve. Many people visit here just to get information on a particular device or vaping problem and in-fighting is not only not helpful, it may deter new members.
Just my 2 cents

I actually AM a new member, and my first experience was a rude guy who is trying to sell this to people. I fully admit my part in this and apologize for being a douche. I got defensive and should have just shrugged it off.
I actually signed up years ago and saw plenty of attitudes which is why I never posted so this is not exactly a one time event. Only reason I did here is because all the other places that had posts about this were in Russian and the same guy was posting the same video there.

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
Why do they put the buttons above the screen ?
If the buttons were below the screen my thumb would not obscure the display.

The LED might be useful as a flashlight but otherwise mine stays off.

I don't have a problem with discussion getting heated.
RMK might not have a future in the diplomatic corps but does have some valid knowledge.
As someone who is known to colour his language, it is a little hard to handle having all my 4 letter adjectives so painfully removed.

Knabak

Dec 29, 2017
What's up everyone. I have had my kaos for a few months now. I absolutely love it. Except....recently my screen has gone all white and does not show numbers. The mod still works and I can change the wattage but unfortunately I have no idea what I'm changing it to.
I can take the batteries out and put them back in and sometimes the screen comes back bit then turns white again within a few minutes.
I updated the firmware in hopes to fix the situation but all that did was flip my screen upside down, when it does work but otherwise it reverts to tge white screen again.
Anyone have any thoughts?
15145670525901707983897.jpg
20171229_110349.jpg

RokenPrice

Feb 14, 2018
I did fix mine by removing the top plate (4 screws, 2 under name plate) and used marine epoxy putty material to build a wall all around this thin plastic sleeve, essentially making a new mount plate inside out of resin. Then I drilled 4 new screw holes in the resin and screwed the top on. Now my mod is strong and has some meat under the top plate to support the atty securely. This fix working fine after 1 month use.

Mine isn't dead yet, but I have noticed a loose 510, and for the moment I'm back to my iJoy Captain. However, before the Kaos issue becomes more of an issue, any chance you could post a YouTube video to show what you have done (before I start pulling mine apart).

sbmartin

Feb 17, 2018
Hi guys, new member here. I’ve had my Kaos Spectrum 230w vape for about 6 months. It’s been the best setup I’ve owned. Last week I misplaced it however. I knew the last place I had it was a friend’s house. After searching everywhere, I called and asked her to look around. She claimed to have cleaned house and never find it. A few days ago, I stopped by this ‘friend’s’ house and there’s my vape, with a different tank attached! I told her it was identical to mine except for the tank and she said her boyfriend bought it days ago. She then asks me to show her how to use it. I told her to get her instruction booklet out and I’d go over it with her but she never could “find” it or her box. I KNOW it’s mine and I’ve looked at my box and all info included and can’t find where the mod would have a serial number or other way for to identify the mod as mine. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. I just want to get back what’s rightfully mine.

• Optimistic

sbmartin

Feb 17, 2018
Welcome @sbmartin , but wish it was under better circumstances!

I checked my Kaos and there is a number on the inside of the battery door. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on the box, in the box, or in the paperwork to connect to that number.

Thank you very much! I thought I remembered something there but also haven’t found a number to match it to.

HawaiianVaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
That was a crappy thing for your friend to do. I’m sorry you had to go through this.

I had a similar problem when I was in college taking automotive repair classes. Peeps would borrow my tools and either forget to return them, or claim it as their own. C’mon, a 1/2 inch socket? Seriously? It can be found at Harbor Freight for cheap.

I got tired of this and engraved all my tools. Then I took it one step further and made them sign a check-out sheet. And I would hound them until they coughed the tool(s) up. No one asked to borrow my tools after that!

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Probably a good idea to put an identifying mark hidden somewhere on your mod.
I do that by dropping mine. :eek:

That was a crappy thing for your friend to do. I’m sorry you had to go through this.

I had a similar problem when I was in college taking automotive repair classes. Peeps would borrow my tools and either forget to return them, or claim it as their own. C’mon, a 1/2 inch socket? Seriously? It can be found at Harbor Freight for cheap.

I got tired of this and engraved all my tools. Then I took it one step further and made them sign a check-out sheet. And I would hound them until they coughed the tool(s) up. No one asked to borrow my tools after that!

When I was young working in an auto shop, I had a sign on my tool box: "I make my living with tools. Please don't ask to borrow them!" It's hard to get them back when they rode away, under the hood of a customer's car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread