Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I've rewrapped half my Samsungs and one Sony, but only because the flimsy wrappers are tearing, and I use mechs, too.

I dont want to get off track but, how hard is it to rewrap? Any links you could give me as to guides?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I dont want to get off track but, how hard is it to rewrap? Any links you could give me as to guides?

1. Remove old wrap. Don't use anything metal to help you though. Try to do it with your fingernails.
2. Cut new wrap 6mm longer than the battery.
3. Center battery in new wrap so there is a 3mm overhang at the top and 3mm overhang at the bottom.
4. Use blowdryer to begin shrinking the new wrap. Hold that nylon washer on the positive end of the battery until the wrap folds over enough or the blow dryer will send it flying (ask me how I know, lol!)
5. Just continue until its tight on the body and folded over both ends all the way, rolling and turning the battery.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Illumn has 10 pieces of pvc shrink wrap for 18650's for just $1.

Actually if you look at Illumn's wraps, at the bottom of every page they tell US customers to go to battwrap.com for cheaper shipping!
Illumn will charge like $5 or so for First Class shipping, Battwraps is $1 standard, $2 if you want a tracking # and $5 gets you the good old 2 day Priority shipping.
My LGs are already getting 'cracks' in them from my Sigelei and the Teal Green and Royal Purple wraps are pretty tempting.. Might have to do that before the wrap actually starts tearing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread