Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
Hey guys been a while since I posted here but I just bought my first TC mod so any tips from you vets on how to properly use it would be awesome because I'm a total noon to this whole TC stuff. Ok so I just went from the istick 30 watt with a kanger sub tank mini to this new Sigelei Spark 90 watt TC mod with a Tobeco Super Tank mini using the .2 and .5 ohm stock coils and running the mod in power mode. The battery that was sold to me was an Efan 18650 3000mah high drain battery and I hope that's a good one to use because I don't really know much about batteries andbi want to make sure I'm vaping safely. The last time and ONLY time I dealt with removeable batteries was when I had a provari a couple years ago. Anyway if any of you have this mod I'd like to hear what batteries you like to use, tanks and the different coils for either power mode or TC mode. I just want to make sure I use this thing right so it doesn't blow up in my face because that would suck. Thanks.

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
I'm really enjoying it. It's not that much bigger than my istick 30 which I love because I'm all about small and stealthy. Everything about it is great except a couple things I dont like. 1. the battery is a pain to remove and 2. I'll probably have to keep 2 or 3 back up batteries on me just to get through ONE day! This thing drains your battery like crazy and I haven't even gone past 40 watts yet. I don't know if that's normal battery life with a device like this but I guess I'm just used to my istick 30 that would give me 2 solid days of chain vaping one one charge. I'm going to look into a better battery for sure. Probably one of the LG's. Other than that it's a sexy little device and it packs a punch. I haven't tried the TC mode yet I've just been using it in power mode with that .2 ohm stock coil that came with the super tank mini. Gonna try the .5 next then I bought a triton nickel coil I'm gonna use for TC mode and see how that works out.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Might want to measure a battery from it- mods are made to cut off at a set battery voltage, this varies between mods. Used to think my smok Treebox was eating batteries but measured a batt that was "dead" according to the mod and found it was at 3.5V! As a point of reference, the VTC Mini stops firing at 3.2V. That 0.3V makes a relatively big difference in run time.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Skip any battery not Samsung, LG, Sony or Sanyo(Panasonic?) per Mooch. Efan is certainly a rewrap of a battery that didn't pass muster for the OEM.
I have a couple Sparks on the way, how do you like the mod?
That's not entirely true. Companies have the choice of what bins they want to pull from. They can have A bin batteries if they desire and some companies do (Pegasus for example). But most don't because they want that mark up. The problem isn't that the batteries don't pass muster, they do (it usually has to do with superficial blemishes etc, but nothing that degrades safety). It's that the companies who buy them don't mark them correctly and inflate their ratings to unsafe levels.

Reactions: sketch804
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread