Sigelei Z 200 Mod Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What do you mean by misfire, do you mean it's firing on it's own, not firing when you press the button? If you could more clearly describe what is going on and when it happens, that might be helpful. With that said if it's misfiring and you've checked the tank on other mods and it's fine, you may wind up needing to warranty it.

Welcome to ECF, someone may be along with more knowledge of that mod than I, in fact it's almost inevitable.

Anna

Gasboy1us

Oct 20, 2017
We will need more info to give any relevant opinions.

What do you mean by 'misfired'?
If you meant auto fire / firing without pressing the fire button, remove batteries & return it.
What delivery device are you using?
What mode & settings?
What batteries are you using?
The Mod is a Segelei Kaos Z 200w box Mod; runs on 2- 18650 3.7v batteries; on Power Mode (Vaping at 35 watts). I’ve had “misfires”, meaning when I press the fire button, I don’t get any hit or inhalation of vapor.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That could be your tank flooding potentially, or not wicking well. How often does it happen? Have you checked your connection between mod and tank? Is the resistance fluctuating on the coil (that will happen sometimes, and if it fluctuates wildly, you may not get a vape at all, if the resistance is wrong. I'd try taking everything apart, a thorough cleaning and a new coil, and maybe watch a review/demo or two to make sure you have all your O-rings seated correctly and your coil.

If you have another vape, I'd try the tank on that to isolate whether it's the mod or the tank. It doesn't really sound like a misfire but more like, as you say, there are times your tank is acting funky. If you are electrically minded you might take the fire button off, clean it, make sure there is nothing blocking it from firing.

If you have a decent vape shop near you and the above doesn't help, you might try taking it in to see if they can help you with it.

Best of luck, I hope you don't have to warranty the mod, but sometimes that winds up being the best option....

Anna

Gasboy1us

Oct 20, 2017
That could be your tank flooding potentially, or not wicking well. How often does it happen? Have you checked your connection between mod and tank? Is the resistance fluctuating on the coil (that will happen sometimes, and if it fluctuates wildly, you may not get a vape at all, if the resistance is wrong. I'd try taking everything apart, a thorough cleaning and a new coil, and maybe watch a review/demo or two to make sure you have all your O-rings seated correctly and your coil.

If you have another vape, I'd try the tank on that to isolate whether it's the mod or the tank. It doesn't really sound like a misfire but more like, as you say, there are times your tank is acting funky. If you are electrically minded you might take the fire button off, clean it, make sure there is nothing blocking it from firing.

If you have a decent vape shop near you and the above doesn't help, you might try taking it in to see if they can help you with it.

Best of luck, I hope you don't have to warranty the mod, but sometimes that winds up being the best option....

Anna
I have a brand new Uwell Crown 2 Tank that the shop put together for me when they set the Mod up. I’ll have to check what resistance the display says but will definitely bring it back to the store to have it checked out. The misfire has happened 3-4 times in the last 3 days I’ve owned the Mod. Thanks for your help Anna :)

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I believe I heard the Crown III did not live up (due to coil issues) to the original Crown. I'm not sure about the Crown II, but now that you've mentioned it, I'm sure someone will be along with solutions (if they exist). Taking it back to the vape store sounds like a great start though, so that may be worth trying.

Are you sure your MOD isn't firing? I mean, when you press the fire button what, exactly, happens? If it's been 3--4 times, it could totally be a wicking issue, not a mod issue, but getting it checked out sounds smart.

Anna

Gasboy1us

Oct 20, 2017
I believe I heard the Crown III did not live up (due to coil issues) to the original Crown. I'm not sure about the Crown II, but now that you've mentioned it, I'm sure someone will be along with solutions (if they exist). Taking it back to the vape store sounds like a great start though, so that may be worth trying.

Are you sure your MOD isn't firing? I mean, when you press the fire button what, exactly, happens? If it's been 3--4 times, it could totally be a wicking issue, not a mod issue, but getting it checked out sounds smart.

Anna
Ok, when I press the fire button, the lights and display come on but I get no vapor when trying to inhale. I would press the fire button again right after that and I would be able to vape again....very odd to me...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sounds like a tank or connection issue to me. Good luck at the vape shop, because if it's the mod, that sounds like a very complicated and interesting electrical issue (it could be simple though, like a loose wire!) but either way, I hope you get it sorted out. But, mods CAN fire without producing visible vapor, so it could well be your tank.

Anna

Gasboy1us

Oct 20, 2017
Sounds like a tank or connection issue to me. Good luck at the vape shop, because if it's the mod, that sounds like a very complicated and interesting electrical issue (it could be simple though, like a loose wire!) but either way, I hope you get it sorted out. But, mods CAN fire without producing visible vapor, so it could well be your tank.

Anna
Hopefully I will get to the bottom of this and hope it’s something simple as I am EXTREMELY new to Vaping...lol

• Optimistic

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You do understand this is a DTL style delivery device / ’tank’. Fast, strong deep inhale direct into your lungs.
It takes quite a bit of power (watts) & you have to pull a lot of air through it for it to work correctly / satisfactorily.
There are exceptions, but, quite a few folks start with a MTL type delivery device.

Depending on which head you’re using the crown 2 usually takes about 30w to produce much vape at all.
Which heads are you using? .25Ω - .5Ω - .8Ω
It is printed on the side of the body of the head & should show on your display screen.
They usually come with the .25Ω preinstalled, probably 40w as a starting point & work upwards.
This sounds like it could be the culprit considering the first couple of button presses at too low power range would act like coil pre heating then on the next button press you get a decent vape.

Could be the 510 connection points / threading needs to be thoroughly cleaned, yes even brand new sometimes they come with dirty threading.
Could be you're over tightening the delivery device to the power device, just snug enough to prevent wobbling / easy movement, tight enough to ensure good electrical connection.

color of wrap, name brand, any letters & numbers to help identify. They are the most important part of vaping.

Gasboy1us

Oct 20, 2017
You do understand this is a DTL style delivery device / ’tank’. Fast, strong deep inhale direct into your lungs.
It takes quite a bit of power (watts) & you have to pull a lot of air through it for it to work correctly / satisfactorily.
There are exceptions, but, quite a few folks start with a MTL type delivery device.

Depending on which head you’re using the crown 2 usually takes about 30w to produce much vape at all.
Which heads are you using? .25Ω - .5Ω - .8Ω
It is printed on the side of the body of the head & should show on your display screen.
They usually come with the .25Ω preinstalled, probably 40w as a starting point & work upwards.
This sounds like it could be the culprit considering the first couple of button presses at too low power range would act like coil pre heating then on the next button press you get a decent vape.

Could be the 510 connection points / threading needs to be thoroughly cleaned, yes even brand new sometimes they come with dirty threading.
Could be you're over tightening the delivery device to the power device, just snug enough to prevent wobbling / easy movement, tight enough to ensure good electrical connection.

color of wrap, name brand, any letters & numbers to help identify. They are the most important part of vaping.
Ok, my Mod display shows .27ohms when I turn the unit on. When I press the fire button(depending on how long I hold it down) the ohm reading goes up to .34-.35, I have the watts set to 35.0. I don’t really start tasting the flavor of the juice until the ohms hit .34 or above. I have the Mod set to Power mode only(not Temp Control) I’m using 2-brown colored IMR 18650- 3000 mAh 3.5 volt batteries to power the Mod....any ideas?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hopefully I will get to the bottom of this and hope it’s something simple as I am EXTREMELY new to Vaping...lol
Welcome and glad you joined.
As you can see from the multiple inputs, your problem is hard to pin down without a hands on examination. As you stated, take it back to the shop and let the pro's handle it.
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
http://guidetovaping.com/category/e-cig-beginner/
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Gasboy1us

Oct 20, 2017
Ok, so when I’m back at the vape shop, I inhale and get a burnt taste (guess what....my coil went while I was at the shop, lucky for me!) So it turns out that I was Vaping at too low of a wattage for my tank. The Mod seems fine; once in a while I will press the fire button, nothing happens but when I depress it, the lights will activate (I believe it has a “sleep” mode but still trying to research it; there’s nothing in the instruction manual about that). I tried taking the wattage to about 58 watts but the vapor was just way too hot for me. I found a comfortable setting at 51 Watts so far. Thanks for your help everyone and....Happy Vaping! :)

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
It seems to be an ohms to power issue. Like stated above, at certain resistance, a certain wattage works best. If you like a wattage of 35, you may need to up the resistance a bit.. like .5 or so.

But once you hit the button, your ohms should not change. The coil may not be seated properly or your 510 on the tank and mod are not making a full connection. Check the 510 on the mod to see if it has any liquid in there. I do believe that mod has a spring loaded 510 so a good tight connection should be made already..

• Useful

Gasboy1us

Oct 20, 2017
Hello everyone; so...after going through not just 1 but 2 mods, I finally went with a VooPoo Drag box Mod. The vape shop I’m dealing with had great customer service and swapped out the mods for me rather quickly. It turned out to be power issues on the Segeli Kaos Z mods (both of them). I’d figure I’d update you guys and thank everyone for their input trying to help me....Happy Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread