Sigelei Zmax V2, V3 and V5 Telescopic power switch fix!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
This repair is applicable to power switch problems on sigelei Zmax V2, V3 and perhaps V5

I have a V3, which after this zero cost fix is working like brand new!

After studying the problem, I have determined that the reason the switch fails to actuate, is that the battery pressure is pushing it out of alignment (actually pushing the entire circuit board) and the clear pushbutton is no longer able to actuate the switch.. The key to this fix is the circuit board has to be kept from being able to slide further into the top when the unit is tightened up with the telescopic portion..

First you need to remove the top cap by putting the sigelei into a small vise and wiggling it - be patient, the top cap is fairly difficult to remove!

To fix the actual issue, what I did was take some white tissue paper (like you wrap gifts with) and folded it in the the thickest square I could fit into the top cap with a slight amount coming out to make a shim with slight compressibility - it will take a few test fittings, but basically you want as thick as you can get the folded tissue paper square such that the top cap can still be press fit back on. I used a large rubber mallet to pound the top cap back on after lubricating the fitted press fit portion to make getting the top back off easier next time.

When inserting the board back into the Sigelei, you must ensure that the battery contact at the end of the circuit board is aligned into the center of the insulation grommet halfway down, as the circuit board battery contact must be able to contact the top battery post. This centering hole also aligns the board laterally.

The tissue paper is somewhat slightly compressible, even when folded into a tight square like this - This is important to have this compressibility in order to prevent fracturing the circuit board by using a shim material that is too hard. Remember to continually recheck the visual alignment of the black switch as viewed through the clear pushbutton, you can see when it is dead center. then you are ready to seal it up.

Now celebrate your Sigelei working like new with some awesome juice. (I like WTA, it will really ring your bell!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread