The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sigelei Zmax V3 Flat Top Telescope Issue

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Darkgentleman, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Darkgentleman

Darkgentleman Full Member

May 21, 2015
    Odd question that I was going to post else where but seems I haven't the privilege/ability to do that yet...

ON with my question:

I've had my Sigelei Zmax for almost two years and I believe it has finally given up the ghost...

Has anyone had an issue or have heard of a solution where this suddenly sticks on OUT OFF? I can change the voltage up and down...but if I try to change the RMS/MEAN, OUT ON/OFF, POWER/VOLTAGE...it just tells me what its presently set too and stays on OUT OFF. IF I attempt to switch the OUT ON/OFF it just sits there for a bit and then flashes momentarily to OUT OFF twice before holding fast to OUT OFF.

Thoughts, concerns, suggestions?

I will say that this was just sitting next to me in my van at the time and wasn't being used very much at that time. IT is quite old and I have REALLY put the thing through hell so I would understand completely if everyone says this is basically its way of saying "good-bye"

2. Darkgentleman

May 21, 2015
    I digress... it actually does the same thing throughout the WHOLE menu save for VOLTAGE UP & DOWN (option 2&3). Options 1, 4-8 all show OUT OFF after the initial wait period.

3. Margate69

Margate69 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Holy crap, I never thought I would hear about a sigelei zmax ever again. Why would you want to fix it?

4. Darkgentleman

May 21, 2015
    Hey if its not broken... Honestly I paid $25 for it two years ago and its NEVER given me grief =-)

5. Darkgentleman

May 21, 2015
    Biggest disheartening issue is I'm broke for the next six days and regrettably (and evidently) out of the scene as to what IS a good one and what will hold up to my rough life style. (I deliver packages for a living and I'm constantly running, tripping, falling, receiving stitches, etc)

6. tehdarkaura

tehdarkaura Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    CO
    are you able to navigate the menu okay? Could it be the button has finally failed on you and is "bouncing"? And fwiw -- I still have a vamo v3 kicking around -- the thing has been a tank and outlived many other mods -- I would be super bummed if it broke on me :(

7. Margate69

Margate69 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think you may be the only one at this point o_O:lol:

Maybe this very creepy guy can help

8. PaulBHC

PaulBHC Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    Sounds like your switch has given up. There is an owners group thread in the APV section.

Several of us just bought new ones from a sale.

First I would try cleaning the threads, contacts, spring and cap with alcohol and put in the best battery you have.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tehdarkaura

Oct 12, 2014
    CO
    if cleaning it doesn't help and it looks like its the button -- here is an option ...
    if you don't know how to solder probably not something you want to do though

10. Darkgentleman

May 21, 2015
    Soldering isn't a issue...I make Jtag xbox 360 systems in my free time :p

11. Darkgentleman

May 21, 2015
    IF anyone hears of a sale going on with one of these in the future please do let me know!

12. PaulBHC

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Darkgentleman

May 21, 2015
    PaulBHC I believe that might actually be the same thread I found on google two years ago when I was first poking around about the Sigelei Zmax =-)

14. Darkgentleman

May 21, 2015
    Odd... JUST went upstairs to grab some pipe wrenches to pry off the top to look at the internal circuit board and comically its now working. Here's to hoping it'll keep trucking at least for a week!

Anyone have suggestions on another replacement? Mainly interested in a unbreakable, impervious, or "drop it on concrete and it'll still love you" mod? (Seriously I've put this one through wringer)

15. Spidey2011

Spidey2011 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2014
    Baker, MT
    I started with a zmax v3. Loved that little guy. They can still be had for a halfway decent price, and they're really pretty decent mods.

16. PaulBHC

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    There are too many box mods to talk about so I will stick to a tube. I got an Innokin SVD 2.0 on sale for under $50. It has a special evolv 20w board and flat DC output. Spring loaded 510. 18350 and 18650 tubes. High quality but heavy. I tend to leave it at home and take my two Sigs on the road. Ima 2ohm 8watt vaper.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tehdarkaura

Oct 12, 2014
    CO
    the invader mini has been run over and thrown across the parking lot and still works fine - it has sleep issues - but its still a hell of a deal considering it does TC and 50 watts + is built like a tank.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Darkgentleman

May 21, 2015
    Thanks everyone for the recommendations... I might make a new thread just for these kind of recommendations mainly so I'll soon be able to reply to other threads =-P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.