Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
When I smoked, there was always some guy I'd see every day who'd bum smokes. You know, that guy - the one who smoked regularly but never had any cigarettes and asked you for one several times a day.

Well, now that guy has switched to vaping and works with me. Nice guy, but his daily "um... can I score some juice?" is starting to irk me (don't worry, I'll deal with it).

Perhaps it's a sign that vaping has moved past the early adopter phase. Perhaps he's just an a$$hat.

This got me wondering. How do you all feel about sharing the juice with acquaintances? Not your SA. Not your roommate. People who vape everyday but want to rely on your largesse.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
That's why you keep a bottle of nasty liquid with you at work. Tell him it's your new flavor.
It's equivalent to:
"Hey can I bum a smoke? Oooh sorry I only smoke menthol"

Bingo! That's my plan. I have this bacon cola juice (don't ask) that just went in my computer bag to go to work tomorrow.

Silent Knight

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Niagara region
When I smoked, there was always some guy I'd see every day who'd bum smokes. You know, that guy - the one who smoked regularly but never had any cigarettes and asked you for one several times a day.

Well, now that guy has switched to vaping and works with me. Nice guy, but his daily "um... can I score some juice?" is starting to irk me (don't worry, I'll deal with it).

Perhaps it's a sign that vaping has moved past the early adopter phase. Perhaps he's just an a$$hat.

This got me wondering. How do you all feel about sharing the juice with acquaintances? Not your SA. Not your roommate. People who vape everyday but want to rely on your largesse.

I don't mind swapping a few samples with co-worker buddies - but would never supply someone who doesn't bring their own to the table.

If I had to deal with that - I have a black cherry flavour that's absolutely horrible (smells and tastes very medicinal...like Benylin cough syrup). I'd fill his tank with it - guaranteed he wouldn't like it.

I was gonna pitch it in the trash anyways.

Koudotai

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Canyon Country
Well the other vapers I know all use 3mg on drips. I still have some 12mg juices from when I used my ego since it didn't hit as hard as my mech mods do now. We do have that one guy who was also always bumming smokes and now every other day tries to bum juice so I always hand him one of the 12's since it seems like he'll lose a vital organ by coughing so hard from not being used to a higher nic level xD

Tibbetts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I have converted two of the smokers here to Vaping. We regularly share juices, but it is an equal trade. Example being about 5 minutes ago. I had got a new order from Mtbaker last week, and he just received his today. I had brought my blue moo in, and he had brought it a candy cane juice. He was interested in mine, and I was interested in his. So, we both let eachother sample them. I filled my EVOD up about half way, and he is going to drip some on breaks. It was basically the same when I smoked. He might bum a few one day, and I would need to bum a few some other day. It was an even trade off.

I don't particularly mind it, because I get something out of it. I don't think I'd mind even if I didn't. If I can help someone quit the smokes, I gladly will.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Bingo! That's my plan. I have this bacon cola juice (don't ask) that just went in my computer bag to go to work tomorrow.

That, or maybe this might be time to buy some crab juice.

I don't mind swapping a few samples with co-worker buddies - but would never supply someone who doesn't bring their own to the table.

Years ago I had an acquaintance that would open up his can of Copenhagen and spit in it whenever someone asked to bum a dip. Word got out fast and people quit asking... just not sure I'd want to vape even my own spit... :shock:

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's one thing with strangers, another with friends...and I had a few over the years who would go through periods claiming they'd "quit smoking," when what they really meant was that they'd quit buying packs and instead would bum one or two every time we got together - in a group of a half-dozen people who saw each other virtually every day and when all of us smoked, it was a pretty cost-effective way to keep up a 1/2 ppd habit.

If the guy is a perpetual mooch and has been for years, I'd just start unloading all my crap juices on him...which is basically what I do anyway to clean out the closet whenever a friend converts, but with the warning that I'm only giving them away because I think they suck, everyone's tastes are different, and if they agree with me on the suckage to just pass them on to someone down the line.

Bacon cola sounds like a great place to start - if he vapes that and comes back for more you may have to order some crab juice, maybe some hot dog...maybe get both and mix 'em. Hopefully you don't have to get all they way to custom-mixing a menthol/crab/pancake blend.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Get a big enough tank that will get you through the day and don't carry any extra juice.Unless you use more than 5mls. at work that should do it.

Or carry two full tanks o_O

Tell him to take a hike if he asks to bumb a tank... "That'll be $20 for my $10 tank.. COD only.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread