• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

* SIGN THE PETITION * Canadians Against The Electronic Cigarette Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
That is the case in this situation... I deal with removing these mal/adware types all the time...

Ad-Aware free by Lavasoft - Great removal tool for mal/ad/spy ware. Can be setup to have realtime scanning disabled so as not to hog your resources.

Trendmicro's Housecall - Free antivirus, also very good... It's a manual scanner that does not run in the background.

A personal fav of mine is running Malwarebytes in Safe Mode :) that puppy will remove nearly anything.

heXy

ECF Veteran
  • Feb 11, 2011
    Brampton
    I ran a spyware program in the morning. c cleaner.

c-cleaner is more of a (I'll fix your registry inconsistencies and remove everything from your %temp% directory) then it is a spy/ad/mal ware remover of any kind. Ccleaner is something I run after scans to clean up dead registry links and such, that and a good search/disable of the startup items under "msconfig". Good program, but not powerful enough for virus's/malware IMO.

Very cool Noiz, I'm going to DL that now and try it out. :D

Another good habbit is to open your weapon of choice, then pop open the Task Manager and kill "explorer.exe" before doing a scan. Helps increase the programs ability to delete files it finds as in most cases they're wrapped to the explorer function and in use.

Last edited:

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    Well everyone,

The petition is reaching the half way point, 454 signatures! I think now is more important than ever to get this petition out there! It will really help our cause and our case to get this thing completed.

I am so glad we started this off sooner than later, because now we would be dealing with not only losing Vapables and NFN but we'd have 454 less signatures showing there are indeed people in our side of the ring.

Come on folks, let's push this thing to 1000 and fight back.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2011
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    www.madpro.ca
    500 is all that have signed so far? that's pitiful people. this is canada. when vancouver plays toronto there's always some trash talk, but when it's team canada, we are all brothers and closest friends. this is team canada now people and they are down 3-0 to hc. if the team ever needed us, now is the time

Dondlelinger

Apr 2, 2011
    Boonies
    Has anyone "created" a form email to send out to gain signatures ? Noiz ? maybe we can slam email all our contact lists and gain some more support ?

Thats a brilliant idea. Any friends, work members and family that know about you and your ecig you should send this petition to. I will as well as soon as I get my ecig lol.

smokum

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2008
    Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
    Somebody want to clean up or alter, and add pertinent links in to a quick draft I just threw together ?

Hi everyone,

I am personally asking for your assistance by signing an online petition to support the un-banning of electronic cigarettes by Health Canada’s market strong arming via lies and innuendos.

Help us put an end to allowing this crime of corporate preferred, taxable, and regulated products that have proven to be a cash cow to many, while banning a growing new "alternative" to smoking that just happens to have a side effect of people quitting tobacco combustion entirely without relying on government funded organizations over priced proven ineffective products.

- tobacco cigarettes, a product KNOWN TO KILL, that are full of chemicals and poisons which cause enormous health costs t society through their combustion and addictive poisonous additive concoctions.

- Nicorette products, a proven ineffective cessation pharmaceutical product that match or surpass the dosages of what electronic cigarettes deliver, and from an industry that counts on your failure of use to keep them in business.

- Pharmaceutical Antidepresants, recommended by physicians to aid in the anxiety of quitting cigarettes. All which have mind altering effects that were meant to help cure "other" mental illnesses where their benefit of use outweighed the harm they have the potential to cause.

To deny the use of this available Godsend to many while insisting they have the approval, support, and tax revenues is criminal as it weighs highly over a safer means of inhaling a legal and already approved stimulant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread