Status
Not open for further replies.

orkira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2011
Virginia
What are the signs of an atomizer that is going to die soon? Also, how do you know that the atomizer is dead? I'm thinking my eGo-T type A atty is about to die but I am not sure. I have had it for almost 2 weeks now and now I am starting to get a burnt taste now and then and the cart is still 2/3rd to full with liquid! I go through about 6 to 8ml of liquid a day. Thank you for any help!

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
imo that burnt taste just says the liquid isn't getting to the coil in sufficient quantity... i mean there's only one thing worse than too much juice on the coil and that's too little.
It will taste burnt. It also means it raises the chances of the coil burning out. Sometimes once you burn your juice on the coil the taste is always gonna be there, and sometimes with enough juice it tastes fine.
2 weeks is a good amount of time if you vape a lot, like all day and eve. Some folks' attys last longer but they don't vape heavy.
6 - 8 ml, that's a lot.
You could try a cleaning method.
When my attys die, it's always a surprise because they don't get burnt and i don't notice anything until they just stop firing.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
I find, unlike all the other attys I use, Ego-Ts don't die slowly. They just pop all of a sudden and are dead. Might be because I am using all variable gear, but I haven't had an Ego-T slowly die or give any notice. One minute its vaping nice, the next I feel it "pop" and its dead.

As an aside, I have a LR Type A that refuses to die. I switched over to Type B and all variable gear (which makes LR useless) over 3 months ago. This is my only LR heating element (gave away or experimented on to death everything else) and every so often I use it and try to kill it. It was one of my first attys, so I used it daily for about a month. I've dry burned it, ran it at 12 watts (on my Darwin) and it still vapes. I crushed it testing to see how much pressure it could take (not much) and used needle nose pliers to decompress it, it still vapes (but doesn't wick well at all, lol). I think its haunted by superman's ghost.

orkira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2011
Virginia
Thanks so much for all the information and help everyone! It was the juice not getting to the wick it was too thick so I ended up putting some diluted water into the juice I was trying to use and now its working like a charm again. I am still learning! I do clean them every other day with baking soda and vinegar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread