Silly n00b question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so - I've been using my 401 for two weeks today (my banner is for the time I've actually been completely analog free)! And I've run into a slight problem.

I'd already cleaned my three atomizers once using the vinegar soak technique someone mentioned (soak for 3/4 hours, rinse with water for 10 mins, gently agitate for 5 minutes, rinse - let dry overnight) and everything worked just fine. Great, in fact!

I tried a shorter version of this at the end of last week, letting them sit in white vinegar for an hour, then running hot water over them for a while and then letting them dry up-ended for a few minutes. I made sure to blow them out and everything and they felt quite dry to the touch (I made sure to blow them out a couple times at least). But so when I went to use one of the atomizers, there was a yucky taste (not vinegar! but something burning) - I noticed my atomizer got quite warm to the touch and when I took the cart off (I'm just dripping onto the atomizer), the atomizer was still glowing away and seeming as though it wanted to flare up! I thought maybe the atomizer was going kaput, so I quickly switched to another and, sure enough, same thing - the atomizer was burning bright red hot and was behaving as though it was about to catch on fire!

Now having a hunch that it might be the battery, I switched to my backup and, lo and behold, both atomizers that had flared up were doing just fine, now.

So I'm pretty sure the battery is the trouble, but I'm not entirely sure what the problem could be - I double-checked it when I took the atomizers off and there was not a single trace of residue or smears of juice or anything at the contact point (made sure to wipe it with a q-tip, just to be on the safe side), so needless to say, I'm confused. It seems as though the battery's malfunctioning - I can't tell if it's the switch or what. Anyone have any idea? :confused:

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Okay, so - I've been using my 401 for two weeks today (my banner is for the time I've actually been completely analog free)! And I've run into a slight problem.

Probably the battery isn't shutting down when it should. Just take the battery without the atomizer and stand in front of a mirror. Suck on it slightly, and watch the LED light up. When you stop, does the LED go out? Try it a few times ans see if it's sticking on.

If the batt is bad, see about having it exchanged.

As far as cleaning your atomizers, some do it and some don't. I never clean mine. At night, I just put the cig down and pick it up in the morning. No problems, but I can't guaranty it will work for everyone.

Txrider

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
I've gotten a little juice down in the battery and had it gum up the switch and stick or not turn on, just blowing it out fixed things, as did putting a butane refill can nozzle on the hole and blowing it out with that as butane is a good solvent and it's a pressurized spray.

Just gotta be careful because butane will ice up and give your finger a freeze burn if your not careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread