Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Someone suggested using these 18650 batteries AW 18650 Protected 2900 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery. Since I just order (so excited) a purple Silver Bullet yesterday, I want really good batteries. My question is: on the bottom of the link to the battery page, it shows three different chargers... which is best?

I use the WF 139. These batts have a flat top so you may need a spacer to make a connection, I am not sure...look on the Altsmoke for the batts they recommend and see if there is a difference with the tops.
hope this helps..
:)

Last edited:

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I initially got the ultrafire wf 188 and I will tell you it is a piece of garbage. Instead now I use a cheap wall plug unit for my bats. Still have not found a good replacement for a permanent charger, but I my buy a pila. You might also want to look at an IMR and some 5 volt battery options. The 5 volts are great for extending the life out of old and aging lr atties.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I initially got the ultrafire wf 188 and I will tell you it is a piece of garbage. Instead now I use a cheap wall plug unit for my bats. Still have not found a good replacement for a permanent charger, but I my buy a pila. You might also want to look at an IMR and some 5 volt battery options. The 5 volts are great for extending the life out of old and aging lr atties.
You won't go wrong with the Pila charger. My only problem with it is you have to thread in the spacers to charge 14500 batteries. Very fast charger! Worth every penny :)

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Someone suggested using these 18650 batteries AW 18650 Protected 2900 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery. Since I just order (so excited) a purple Silver Bullet yesterday, I want really good batteries. My question is: on the bottom of the link to the battery page, it shows three different chargers... which is best?
It is a wonderfull battery, I would buy the Pila charger. Well worth the extra cash :)

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
2x RCR123A LIFEP04 will make it 6v. We don't recommend the setup, use at your own risk. Do Not buy CR123A's from the store. If you go this route, make sure to keep them paired (I usually take a permanent marker and number them).

Why not buy CR123A's from the store? Are they not protected?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread