Simple Hints, Tips, and Tricks for Vapers [To Save Time And Money]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheFidele

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Hey Guys,

Been vaping for about 3-4 months and I keep discovering little things that would have saved me a lot of time and money (e.g. burnt cartomizers, bad tasting silica wick and coils, etc.). What do you guys think about a consolidated thread of SIMPLE--in other words SHORT--hints, tips and tricks for all non-master vapers out there? I'll post a few I've found recently that would have saved a lot of frustration:

• To avoid permaturely burnt cartomizers or to chainvape better: Inhaling VERY hard on a cartomizer (that are punched and in a tank) draws e-liquid into it. This will keep the coil and filler nice, moist, and flavorful (maybe even cools it down). I do this with the carto powered down.
  • Conventional multimeters have a LOT of difficulty calculating resistance. If you want to measure Ohms, it's better to reduce some stress and get yourself a VV/VW APV or dedicated Ohm-reader to do the work for you.
  • Making a wick and coils really isn't that difficult. It's worth a try. Saved me a bunch of money. Switching and priming a cartomizer = $2 + 2 minutes ==> Building a coil = a few cents + 3-5 minutes with a tiny bit of experience.

Of course there are more, but I'll stop here. Let's help each other out!

Cheers,
Abe

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
plastictree, that's some useful info for me. I use boge's all the time and I do tend to weaken them to the point it's not a good smoke a lot as I am a hard and heavy vaper =)

I have a tip for clearos that a lot of places will decline to mention. Cinnamon and certain FRUIT, yes FRUIT flavors will crack your clearo. I knew about the cinnamon, but I kept breaking mine with banana and pear juices and was like... ...? But, someone at a site I order from clued me in.

plastictree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Southern Maryland
This happens too
photo8ee.jpg

I was also surprised when cola from mountbakervapor cracked my tank

OnTheFidele

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Thanks Karma and plastictree, didn't know the inhales might actually weaken the cartomizer and had no clue about some juices actually cracking polycarbonate. Always thought the cracking issue was due to something else.

One simple tip new people might not know:
There are ALMOST ALWAYS coupon codes for online vaping suppliers unless they already have good prices (Discount Vapers is one). Find them and you will be rewarded.

Dontae92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Another tip I learned the hard way is order vape parts online if you can (ie. you don't need them immediately)

When my ce4 started to taste burnt, I went to my local store and paid about $25 for a Single Coil carto/Small tank and drip tip ($11 for each.) I was angry when I saw how much i overpaid. I guess the main point would be RESEARCH!!!

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Here's a tip I learned from a thread I created a few days back (thanks Leal!):

If you keep multiple tanks filled with liquid at once, here's a cheap and easy way to keep track of which juice is in which tank: Wrap small colored rubber bands or hair ties around the tank and its corresponding juice bottle so you can identify what is what.

I'm in Canada and I totally agree that diy juice is the way to go. My problem is I'm wanting to order liquid nicotine to start to mix my own, but I'm worried about Customs confiscating it if I order from another country. Health Canada has a ban on liquid nicotine but won't make it illegal so as to hold it in limbo. Can't find good info on a reliable source. I like brick and mortar stores but feel I'm getting pushed to buy online.

tmoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Madison, AL
Here's a tip I learned from a thread I created a few days back (thanks Leal!):

If you keep multiple tanks filled with liquid at once, here's a cheap and easy way to keep track of which juice is in which tank: Wrap small colored rubber bands or hair ties around the tank and its corresponding juice bottle so you can identify what is what.

I thought that would be a good idea myself. I don't know where to look for the tiny rubberbands though. (?) What's working well enough for me is numbering my eVods with silver Sharpie and keeping a register in my case. It's not terribly unattractive, and the Sharpie washes off the metal tube pretty easily.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

OnTheFidele

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Wow, you guys have definitely convinced me to go DIY in the near future. I did the math and a DIY "lab" is a worthwhile investment. Thanks guys!

Here's another one I learned the hard way:

If anyone wants to enter the world of Advanced Personal Vaporizers (APVs), look no further than the eGo-C Twist/Vision Spinner and a well known/much reviewed Rebuildable Atomizer (RBA) like the Vision Eternity.

I paid ~$45 for my "Twisted Eternity". I have a beautifully working Natural and Terminator-C which cost me ~$220 including necessary peripherals. But because of it's portability, VV, and good looks I vape on my Twisted Eternity much more than my much more expensive set-up. It vapes so well that sometimes I ALMOST think I wasted my money on my Natural + Terminator. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread