Simple way to resize 901's to hold 510 carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I was annoyed because my 510 cart wasn't fitting snugly into my 901 atty, when I noticed my Kobalt 8" long-nosed pliers (from Lowe's) sitting on the table next to my elbow.

4309283534_64c85f2248_o.jpg

So I put the last mm or so of the 901 atty in that circular void by the cutting blades, and very lightly squeezed the pliers. Not enough to see any visible change to the atomizer, just flexed it a little. Then I turned the atty about 1/4 turn, and did it again. No visible change, but now it holds my 510 carts so tightly, they're hard to get in and out! I drip through a gutted cart, so that's perfect for me.

Hope this helps someone avoid a little frustration.

And yeah, I know there's a proper tool for this but I don't have one. Can't even think of the name, off the top of my head. Pliers are easy to come by.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
[...] I found works really well is to run a serrated knife blade around the outside of the cart right in front of the ridge. This roughs up the plastic just enough to make it fit a little tighter. I have done the same with some 901 carts just to get a better fit.

I've read that rough sandpaper has a similar effect... just "rough up" the surface a bit and it fits tighter.

Any ideas how to do the reverse? Make a 901 cart fit into a 510 atty? They are just a touch too long to fit just right.

Not sure if this would work, but I successfully wore down the plastic tabs on my ePump with very fine emory paper (I'm talking about the two little bumps that hold the bottle inside the outer case, because it was too tight). The rough stuff actually makes it tighter at first (see above), but I would think that it would eventually wear it down... maybe start with a few twists in some rough paper, then finish with fine emory paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread