Single 18650 or single 26650 dual coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
It first and foremost depends on your build. Eg if your dual coil is 2x 6 wrap 30g then it's probably not going to matter what size battery you use, if it's 2x 8 wrap 20g then dual battery would be better for that.
Really only a question of how much power your build takes to function well.
Yes, there will be a range of builds that would work better on a single 26650 than on a single 18650 but that's only a narrow band.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Single 18650 with a dual coil, it all comes down to Amps of your batteries and resistance of coils along with wire mass. I vape quite happily with dual coil 28x2/38 SS fused claptons around 0.18Ω and perfectly safe without even coming close to stressing my Sony VTC5A's.

Edit: For the record I Vape on Mech's

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's hard to say precisely because with a regulated mod, it's gong to depend on what wattage you want/need to use. Lower resistance and higher mass builds will require more wattage (usually) to get a satisfactory vape, and whether a single battery, even a highly rated one, will be able to give you the performance you need without overstressing the battery.

If you want a dual coil build, I think you may be correct in believing you may do better with a dual battery mod. I would maybe try the single coil with your LG battery and see how you like the vape (I'm assuming that you'd double the resistance and halve the mass with the single coil) and what your wattage needs are. That should tell you whether or not you are going to need to use a two battery mod.

I'm not a huge fan of redlining mods or batteries, so if in doubt, I usually urge erring on the side of caution. If everything's great and you get fantastic battery life, maybe your dual build will work. I'm a bit doubtful, but everyone's build "sweet spot" is slightly different and etc.

Anna

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't follow the specs of larger batteries as closely as the more popular 18650 batteries. If I'm not mistaken, there isn't much advantage of using a larger battery other than additional mAh capacity. All of the larger batteries are still limited to the same amp limits as the 18650's. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ec5f7821-1ed0-4349-a388-4a81d03917e2-jpeg.743093

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't really need another mod, though.

Yeah, I kind of thought that phrase was always followed by "said no vaper, ever."

LOL, I actually feel the same way at the moment. Oddly content with my lot. Even though I do want to experience "replay" I'm sure it's great. Just... not right this second and etc.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have the following 14 mods:
  • Two JAC Vapour series B DNA75W
  • Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus
  • Geekvape Aegis Legend
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX200
  • Three Provari 2.5 and Provari P3
  • Two Silver Bullet mechanical mods
  • AltSmoke BB mechanical mod
  • Reo Grand mechanical bottom feeder mod
  • Vapage V-Mod XL mechanical squonk mod
My collector days are long past. I only use one or the other JACs on a daily basis. The others are just backups or totally retired. I'll probably "Pay It 4-Ward" the Aegis Legend to my son in a week or two when I see him; he's kinda tough on mods and is poor, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

I've been vaping for over 6 years. I tend to buy multiple models that work for me and represent higher value to me, hence the Silver Bullets, JAC's, and Provari's. The SB and Provari's are no longer being made.

Last edited:

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
2x700 mods aren't necessarily a lot larger nor heavier than 18650 mods.
Those Samsung 21700s are excellent batteries and perform a lot, seriously a LOT, better than any 18650 I've ever used.
If I had to buy a new mod, I'd always go for one, that's capable of utilizing 21700s, especially if it's a single battery device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread