Single Coil Dual Coil Juice consumption on RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ECF!

Got a question again, Recently gone to sub-ohm vaping and bought the Griffin RTA (that is major juice guzzler) build the 0.6 ohm dual SS contact coil vertical build over the air holes cotton wrapped around and feed to the juice hole (irrelevant but mentioned it might not be irrelevant :D ), I consume round about 14 ml of juice in the whole day the tank empty in about an hour or on chain vaping. My vaping habit it like I have the mod all the time in my hand and I take the drag every minute or so (not continuously but most of the time that thing is in my hand) and when battery die and it is recharging I only not vape that time.

14 ml of juice consumption is too high for me I can go lower than 3 mg/ml strength because it not usually satisfy my on the time but by the end of the nic consumption raize too high and it raise my BP I want the consumption to be 7 ml or less, yeah I know I know on Griffin I can't do that and here comes my question

I want to switch to Griffin 25 because it have the stopper plug to build sigle coil (I love this tank not want to go for other tank atm and budget not allow me to get more than one tank at the moment) so will the juice consumption will reduce to reasonable 7 ml or less with the single coil build on Griffin 25 as compare to the dual coils? I can't test it on Griffin because it not have the stopper plug so I am asking if any of you have any idea

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If you want to cut your consumption build above 1 ohm and go single coil.

My EDC atty is a Kayfun Monster Mini.

It is single coil only and i build between .8-1 ohm.

Even in the Silverplay Nano, orchid V3, Goblin Nano i rock them all on single coils and plug the unused Juice Wells with cotton and hold tge plugs in place with the barrel.

Reactions: HackEnggr
If you want to cut your consumption build above 1 ohm and go single coil.

My EDC atty is a Kayfun Monster Mini.

It is single coil only and i build between .8-1 ohm.

Even in the Silverplay Nano, orchid V3, Goblin Nano i rock them all on single coils and plug the unused Juice Wells with cotton and hold tge plugs in place with the barrel.

Thanks
so if I build the single coil on the Griffin 25 and of 1 ohm I can cut the consumption to 7 ml or less from 14ml a day

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks
so if I build the single coil on the Griffin 25 and of 1 ohm I can cut the consumption to 7 ml or less from 14ml a day

Raising the resistance and switching to single coil will reduce your Juice consumption. Not sure if it will cut it in half.

Some people here use Twice as much Juice as you are.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Self restraint would be your most successful option.

Switching to the single coil may not satisfy your needs and you may simply start taking 2x as many draws. Not at all a solution.

Start by putting the mod down. then start extending the distance you must reach to retrieve the Mod.

Raising the resistance and switching to single coil will reduce your Juice consumption. Not sure if it will cut it in half.

Some people here use Twice as much Juice as you are.

I DIY so consumption of juice is really of no problem, it is nicotine level that rise at the end of the day with consumption of juice

I prefer RTAs because I not have to spend for coils as I not have vape shops in immediate area and I always have to go to other city or order online to get those thing which raise the shipping cost or travel cost

If you up your nicotine level you will not need to hit it so often.

No can't do that I can't restrain myself from taking drags for very long time and nicotine lvl rising will result in the nicotine overdose but as crexess says I can extend the time between drags I tried that but with dual coils it still get to 10 11 mls

Self restraint would be your most successful option.

Switching to the single coil may not satisfy your needs and you may simply start taking 2x as many draws. Not at all a solution.

Start by putting the mod down. then start extending the distance you must reach to retrieve the Mod.

I tried that but with dual coils it still get to 10 11 mls so was looking for single coils to reduce the consumption

Or you could try this single coil mod good for big or small coils

its more of a lung hitter than MTL can be shut down pretty tight .

can almost tootle puff it or clouds if desired

Aromamizer Single Coil Set-up With a TWIST

Thanks, isn't Aromamizer is the tank that have vape bands for the airflow? that will raise my bp without the nicotine but I will see if I can do that thing with some other tank

since you have the griffin already why not get an RTA thats meant for single coil only. Quite a few decent ones out there, Bachelor, Serpent, Serpent Mini, Sub ohm tanks with single coil RBA such as Smok TFV4

Thanks rice I will sure checkout whenever they available at local shops

Reactions: rice721

L-TR41N

Feb 24, 2016
California
since you have the griffin already why not get an RTA thats meant for single coil only. Quite a few decent ones out there, Bachelor, Serpent, Serpent Mini, Sub ohm tanks with single coil RBA such as Smok TFV4

I will second this comment. I was going through minimum 12mls of e-juice and upwards to 20mls on a heavy vape day. Purchased a Wotofo Serpent and was able to cut consumption to roughly 8-10mls per day which is fair. 0.45ohm coil running at 26watts presently. If you want even less consumption then you would have to find a MTL setup, but you may also find yourself vaping more often. Do some research and see if you can find yourself an in between. Maybe have a MTL setup in an RTA and an RDA setup for a cloud session?

I am using a Griffin 25 clone with a .5 single coil build and it is just as satisfying to me as dual builds in the 22 Griffin, maybe a bit more because the draw is smoother. Sorry this post is so long after the original question, I hope you've had luck cutting down

That is nice I also have the Griffin 25 and I confirm that satisfying part ;) consumption is also decreased but not too much that I think is because now all the heat is going through the single coil rather then two parallel so amount of heat is almost same but because of the surface area reduction in single coil it consume little less juice but it not cut to half, however it is giving me satisfying vape at 25 W in single coil rather than 55 W in dual coil.

I too own a Griffin 25 but have yet to try it in single coil mode.
You say it's satisfying, I'm assuming you're referring to the amount of nicotine you're receiving, so how's the flavor?
I might give single coil a go on my next build.
Satisfying in the term of flavour and the warmth of the vapour. nicotine depend on your concentration I not think dual or sigle coil make any difference in the nicotine, only mtl and dtl make the nicotine throat hit different. Nicotine will get absorb in your mouth nose and lungs regardless of the temperature of the vapour nicotine vise every setting of the vape should be providing you the nicotine fix according to your concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread