Status
Not open for further replies.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I use the Zeus single as my daily driver (many in rotation) and am looking for a single coil rda for use as a juice tester. Hoping for something that will accommodate the same build I use in the Zeus and have similar airflow to best approximate the experience. I've narrowed it down to the Recurve but would love to hear some other opinions before I take the plunge.

For reference, I use the Zeus with a 5 wrap coil, 3x26 fused clapton, 4mm ID, 0.25 ohms at around 43 watts.

I understand that I may have to drop the coil diameter for the Recurve, but what has me considering it is it's air hitting the coil from both sides as well as some from the bottom. Seems quite similar to what's going on in the Zeus single.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I would say the wasp nano too,but depending on the build,and the draw you could get quite a bit of spit back. The Dead Rabbit would be perfect.

EDIT: The rda I use is something you can't find anyone and have to do a couple fxes on it. The black widow 22mm RDA. I removed the turbine and also removed the ceramic cup in the bottom so It can take bigger builds. It works good for a flavor testing RDA though.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I would say the wasp nano too,but depending on the build,and the draw you could get quite a bit of spit back. The Dead Rabbit would be perfect.

EDIT: The RDA I use is something you can't find anyone and have to do a couple fxes on it. The black widow 22mm RDA. I removed the turbine and also removed the ceramic cup in the bottom so It can take bigger builds. It works good for a flavor testing RDA though.

Yeah, I had some spitting with the Nano when I over-squonked so some care is needed.

I have a Dead Rabbit SQ, but can't seem to get the right build on it. It's just not giving me the flavor like the Nano and the Nudge 22. Certainly lacking when compared to the Hadaly and Stumpys I have - but, admittedly, those are small RDAs better suited to simple single-wire coils.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Yeah, I had some spitting with the Nano when I over-squonked so some care is needed.

I have a Dead Rabbit SQ, but can't seem to get the right build on it. It's just not giving me the flavor like the Nano and the Nudge 22. Certainly lacking when compared to the Hadaly and Stumpys I have - but, admittedly, those are small RDAs better suited to simple single-wire coils.

That's why I posted the edit about the black widow RDA which I use. You can find them still not in quantities but single seller. It does do a good job flavor testing. But the problem you run into,smaller RDA testing the juice will not taste the same on a larger RDA unless they are similar.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The airflow seems fundamentally different on the wasp and nudge, they are missing the bottom air, no?

You are correct, and if that is a must, then they are probably are not for you. Sorry :(

I mentioned those because though they lack bottom airflow, both are still more open, and will accommodate larger wire (like claptons) than some of the popular single-coil RDAs like the Stumpy, Hadaly, and Entheon - which IMO are better suited to single wire coils and lower wattage vaping.

Unfortunately, it may be difficult for you to find an RDA that checks all of your boxes, with the bottom airflow like the Zeus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread