The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Single/dual coil battery life. A question.

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by MortenOen, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MortenOen

MortenOen Full Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Greetings!
    I have now repeated my experiment several times, and I can't explain my results.

Simply put, why does a single battery/ single coil setup go through twice the ammount of e-juice, compared to a dual coil/ single battery setup?

I have used 3 different squonkers, and 5 different RDAs, and the same battery. Every time I use a single coil, I use up the whole bottle (8ml) before the battery is empty (3.5V), but with a dual coil setup, my battery is empty (3.5-3.4V) when the bottle is still half full no matter the total ohm. On the dual setup I have had total of 0.14 to 0.25 Ohm, but never vaped more than half of the bottle. With single coil I have had from 0.16 to 30 Ohm, and emptied the bottle every time.
    Vape and flavor seems to be the same. The type of coil wire is also the same. I just don't understand it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi mate,
    IMO: You use/draw fewer amps with the single coil builds.
    Lower amp draw, longer battery life. (mAh)

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I also find dual coils use up more battery than single coils. I can’t explain it either. It sort of makes sense, you’re heating up twice as much metal. I find there is less juice use and smaller clouds with a single coil as well. I could see your situation occurring if you’ve maxed out the available juice flow with a single coil so even though you have two coils and are burning twice as much electricity you’re using the same amount of juice. I don’t even know if that is possible though. I’m just as confused as you

4. bsidb

bsidb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
  5. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Dual coils would be higher resistance (ea), more metal and a bit longer ramp up time. Longer ramp up time would require a bit more time on the button each hit and drain the battery quicker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Two coils will halve the resistance.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Did you see the (ea) after?

8. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Yes, but I don't know what you meant by it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steve Parry

Steve Parry Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2013
    Cookeville TN
    In order to build a dual coil and single coil to the same resistance, the single coil has to be half the size of each of the dual coils. This means you have 4 times the surface area vaporizing liquid on the dual coil setup that you did on the single coil. Thus, you're vaporizing more liquid in the same amount of time.

It's not really a question of battery life as I read it, as you didn't list the amount of time each setup took to discharge the battery, but rather how much liquid was used during the cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.