Siren 2 22mm mech mod safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know the answer to that, but I'm sure someone will be along that can tell you.... Good luck with it. One of my favorite tanks, but I'm not using mechs yet. If I were to start, I'd probably start with a dripper, personally, but that would just be my safety preference.

IDK if it would work better on one particular mech or another, either... But good luck with your endeavor....

Anna

Feldrod

Sep 28, 2017
I don't know the answer to that, but I'm sure someone will be along that can tell you.... Good luck with it. One of my favorite tanks, but I'm not using mechs yet. If I were to start, I'd probably start with a dripper, personally, but that would just be my safety preference.

IDK if it would work better on one particular mech or another, either... But good luck with your endeavor....

Anna
Thanks.
The reason why I wanna mech mod is that it is practically one thing that can last whole life and even outlive someone.
Can you please take a pic of the center pin of your Siren 2 22?

Reactions: stols001

Feldrod

Sep 28, 2017
The photos on the digiflavor site don't look promising for use on a hybrid mod. The pin is only protruding a little and in addition has a rather wide taper on the edges. I'm going ahead and not recommend this tank on a hybrid.
Thanks. And what about SXK Kayfun Prime, Vandy Vape Berserker Mini or Ares?

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I don't know about the SXK, but the 510 of the original SM KF Prime protrudes only a blonde one - no go on hybrid. If the clone is close then it would also not be advised at all.
Of the other tanks you mentioned only the berserker mini looks promising for hybrid use, the pin protrudes a fair bit and, a big plus for what you want to do, the insulator does protrude as well.
If this is your first mech mod you should consider getting some experience with a non-hybrid one first.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
In looking at my pin once unscrewing it, I'm not going to recommend it, although the ares and berserker look similar to me.... The ares might be a little longer, actually. I wouldn't use the Siren and it's too early for pics yet. I'm not the best person to be giving advice about any of them though, although (to me, with a quick look) the ares looks the best. Maybe you want to ask Innoken and/or Phil/Dubardo their thoughts on using the Ares (although I think you'll get a decent answer on the forums, honestly....)

Anna

Reactions: untar

irradiated

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Thanks. And what about SXK Kayfun Prime, Vandy Vape Berserker Mini or Ares?

I have the 24mm Berserker, the pin is 100% hybrid safe. It lives on a hybrid tube mod 24/7. Protrudes more than enough, and it's also adjustable. It's actually too long for one of my hybrid mods, and leaves a big atty gap lol. The 22mm should be the same, watch a quick youtube review and see if they show the adjustable pin.

• Useful

Feldrod

Sep 28, 2017
I have the 24mm Berserker, the pin is 100% hybrid safe. It lives on a hybrid tube mod 24/7. Protrudes more than enough, and it's also adjustable. It's actually too long for one of my hybrid mods, and leaves a big atty gap lol. The 22mm should be the same, watch a quick youtube review and see if they show the adjustable pin.
Thanks. After a lot of discussion I bought Siren 2 22mm and SMPL clone. Many people I talked to who have Siren are saying the same as you say about your Berserker. Some even say the pin is adjustable (waiting to find out... Azerbaijan post is slow af).
I am not new to hybrid world so I will not use it if will not protrude but I just wanted to give some safety that money I will spend will be useful. But thanks to everyone in this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread