Siren 2 vs. Kayfun Prime (and clones) for Flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I'd be interested in hearing the opinions of those who own or have experience with both the Siren 2 and the kayfun Prime (original, SXK, or YFTK). I don't care about clouds of vapor, just the ability of a tank to bring out the full flavor potential in e-juices.

If you have used both, which do you feel is superior in flavor most of all - then quality, freedom from leaking, and adjustability.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't own an original Prime, so I am going to tell you upfront that this is not a fair comparison, but I prefer the Siren V2. I think clones can give a "general" idea about how the vape is going to perform, but with any of my Kayfun clones I can't seem to get things sorted out without the occasional dry hit and etc. It's probably more likely that I'm not building them to perfection than the equipment itself. However, I was able with some of the newer MTL atomizers, to get great flavor and performance, and that includes the Siren V2. Fair disclosure, there are many who don't LOVE the flavor on the Siren V2, although I do love it. I prefer the 22 mm version of the Siren for flavor, also, over the 24 mm version. It's kind of a more immediate vape.

I'm also liking the Ares a lot, similar build deck, great flavor, and I tend to vape that more closed off than the Siren V2. The V2 can be a "thirsty" tank without the airholes pretty wide open, but I find it massively better for flavor when vaped with an airy draw vs. a closed off one, and it can also overheat. The Ares can be run a bit more closed off, it's not a thirsty tank, and it's also easy to build. These are my preferred RTAs at the moment, but preferences can certainly vary. I do think it's nice that there are many GOOD choices for MTL RTAs at the moment, including the prime and the berserker, both also good MTL tanks, it really does in the end come down to preference, I think.

Best of luck deciding.

Anna

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I have both, my prime is authentic and got when 1st came out and still in use daily, also got the siren V2 when 1St came out, and it has been cleaned out and put away, Siren V2 is not a bad tank, but the prime blows it out of the water as far as flavor goes, but my prime did cost 3 times more than the Siren, but think it was money well spent :)

rifky

ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    I have Siren V2 22mm and Kayfun Prime (SXK) here`s my tought:

The airflow option for Siren V2 is far away ahead from KF Prime It can be very super tigh draw or Restricted DL. From the refill system Siren once again ahead Kayfun Prime. The push and turn sytem top cap is 100% air push free so no leaking at all when top fill. This top cap is superb inovative. Kayfun Prime SXK is very good too, almost 1:1 exepct the O ring. The draw varian is only 6 draw. And the diffrent between the hole is very slightly. But Kayfun Prime has 1 major cons. They put a wrong O ring on juice flow control. Refill is good too, but I dont like juice flow control and counting the turn to make sure the juice flow full open or closed. Now about the flavor... this kinda subjective but: If you use high VG juice which nowadays is almost all juice is 70/30 the Siren V2 is the best with ni80 superfine MTL fused clapton coil from Vandy Vape. If you like classic sexy atty and using 50/50 pg vg and willing to give an effort to refill, open and closed juice flow, and you dont hesitated buying authentic O ring and replace all kayfun prime sxk o ring, using tight coil awg 28 with 1,2 ohm, low wattage then Kayfun Prime is suitable for you.

Me my self prefered Siren V2, since: they handle high VG better, clapton coil until 3mm dim can accomodate easily and very2 leak proff. Simple refill method and no air pushing when closing the top cap.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 18, 2013
    Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
    And it's still a tie at 2-2 for the Prime and Siren V2...;)
    I'm going to give the Prime a very slight lead in the flavor department. I have the Prime in both flavors and find it hard to tell which one is the real McCoy. SV2 has about 4x the value though...can't go wrong with either IMHO.
    078cea906dcbd085e365358c6c062f9d.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Celt1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    I'm going to give the Prime a very slight lead in the flavor department. I have the Prime in both flavors and find it hard to tell which one is the real McCoy. SV2 has about 4x the value though...can't go wrong with either IMHO.

That is a very classy looking mod in your picture, which one is it?

Coming down the stretch the Prime takes the lead! 3-2...

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 18, 2013
    Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
    That is a very classy looking mod in your picture, which one is it?

Coming down the stretch the Prime takes the lead! 3-2...

It's the lil 80w single 18650 Vaporflask Lite that was put out a couple years ago. It is a rugged and dependable device that has proven itself (at least to me). I highly recommend them whenever I'm asked. :)

kore

Mar 7, 2018
    Germany
    Have a Siren v2, Hastur and three Primes. Two clones, and after I liked them I bought an authentic to support SvoeMesto.

For me, all of the Primes win, even the clones. That being said, get either an Ulton (hard to get, the best one) or an YFTK (close second, readily available on multiple vendors from China). SXK is okayish, but I won't recommend it, the other two are nearly perfect. Out of the box, the YFTK is unbeatable for $20. If you want to make it even better, get the original spare kit and replace the O-Rings: Svoe Mesto Kayfun 5 Spare Parts Kit - Origin Vape

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I recently got into MTL and I'm not looking back. Also I'm very amazed by the quality of the clones.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    Have a Siren v2, Hastur and three Primes. Two clones, and after I liked them I bought an authentic to support SvoeMesto.

For me, all of the Primes win, even the clones. That being said, get either an Ulton (hard to get, the best one) or an YFTK (close second, readily available on multiple vendors from China). SXK is okayish, but I won't recommend it, the other two are nearly perfect. Out of the box, the YFTK is unbeatable for $20. If you want to make it even better, get the original spare kit and replace the O-Rings: Svoe Mesto Kayfun 5 Spare Parts Kit - Origin Vape

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I recently got into MTL and I'm not looking back. Also I'm very amazed by the quality of the clones.
    Thank you for the information, helpful to hear from someone who has them :)

• Agree

Celt1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    Got my first Prime clone today! It's an SXK in black and gold. I tore it down and gave it a good bathing. Lubed it and reassembled. I am impressed with the quality.

SXK_KF_prime_gold_Black-800x800.jpg

I am expecting more including a couple YFTK made versions next week. After doing some builds and comparing I'll let you know my impressions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread