Site Upgrade - The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedromj

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
Tokyo
In Spain it is worst. Companies I know use IT as a "lesser evil" which cost they need to suffer but they keep minimized. I think that one key here is that anybody has tell them that their IT infrastructure (software and hardware) are tangible assets that need to be included in their inventory and need to be maintained (fix issues, upgrade, and replace any of its parts when necessary), as a transport agency takes care of their trucks.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Need to let me know which it was Elendil...I may throw it in the trash bin if not acceptable

When I say I didn't like it, I mean I didn't like it. Not that it was unacceptable for the forum...........

It was this one:

BengalBacker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2009
Dayton Ohio
Quot

I tried changing the settings but I'm still getting this. Maybe my question is different than OldDragon's, so I will explain what I'm trying to fix.

Let's say I'm reading a thread in the classifieds. At the bottom of that thread, I want to be able to click one button that takes me back to the classifieds section. Not to the top of the thread and not a dropdown menu where I have to scroll to the classifieds forum.

If I just click "back", it doesn't show the thread I was just reading as "read" unless I refresh. It should be in the quick navigation area.

So this is never coming back? I hate to whine, but every forum has this feature and this one did before the upgrade. Yeah it's just an extra click but it's irritating. At least to me.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Small matter, but I'm assuming somebody wants to know of every hiccup. Some threads on the New (or "Today's" from some pages) Posts listing that show and actually have replies are listed as having been viewed 0 times. I didn't notice any pattern as to which threads showed up this way.

The "replies" count updates right away. The "views" count only updates 1-2 times an hour

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
So this is never coming back? I hate to whine, but every forum has this feature and this one did before the upgrade. Yeah it's just an extra click but it's irritating. At least to me.

I responded to this earlier, but all you have to do currently is scroll up (or hit the HOME key) and on the "forum path" line that says "* Forum * Announcements * Site Feedback and Help * Site Upgrade - The Aftermath" ...just click on
"Site Feedback and Help" to go back.

It would be nice if that line were also located at the bottom of the screen, but it hasn't been my experience that every forum has this or something like it.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I responded to this earlier, but all you have to do currently is scroll up (or hit the HOME key) and on the "forum path" line that says "* Forum * Announcements * Site Feedback and Help * Site Upgrade - The Aftermath" ...just click on
"Site Feedback and Help" to go back.

It would be nice if that line were also located at the bottom of the screen, but it hasn't been my experience that every forum has this or something like it.

And to assist geyying there quicker on the lover right of the page there is a "top" link that will jump you back to the top of the page. No scrolling needed.

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
one more question, voltaire, do you think 'my posts' will show up in the proper order sooner or later? i found this on my second page even though you just had responded to it. 'new posts' seems to be working properly so why not 'my posts'

I can't say for sure, since I don't "work here" - but I do believe it will be fixed sooner or later. I think exactly when it gets fixed is out of the mods (or Alex's) hands, since it's a bug in the software, so it's waiting on an update/fix from the company that makes the software.

As for the "New Posts" working correctly, I think it's because that uses a different method (an index?) than the "My Posts" uses. "My Posts" uses the Search function, and you will see the same problem of results being somewhat out of chronological order whenever you do a search.

Last edited:

notsoogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
The REAL Washington
And to assist geyying there quicker on the lover right of the page there is a "top" link that will jump you back to the top of the page. No scrolling needed.

Well for pete's sake!! Ya learn something new everyday! How I could have missed this is beyond me! Thanks El......this will indeed come in handy. Now all I have to do is remember to use the darn thing.

And no............I'm not blond.:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread