Not open for further replies.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
If I missed something important on these issues, I apologize. Here are the two nits currently getting on my last nerve.

Forum keeps logging me out, every X minutes it seems. I used to be always logged in.

The "My Posts" button appears to be displaying a list of THREADS in which I've posted, not a list of my POSTS. (I'm presuming the list of threads is accurate but don't know.) I don't care about them, I want to see the posts like I used to.

(and no griping Roly, I'm an Opera user <g>)

BengalBacker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2009
Dayton Ohio
I responded to this earlier, but all you have to do currently is scroll up (or hit the HOME key) and on the "forum path" line that says "* Forum * Announcements * Site Feedback and Help * Site Upgrade - The Aftermath" ...just click on
"Site Feedback and Help" to go back.

It would be nice if that line were also located at the bottom of the screen, but it hasn't been my experience that every forum has this or something like it.

And to assist geyying there quicker on the lover right of the page there is a "top" link that will jump you back to the top of the page. No scrolling needed.

Thanks, and yes I know it's only two clicks, but it used to be one, and is on all the other forums I use. The "top" link is usually a "go" link and it takes you to the forum that's showing in the drop down to the left of it, which is by default whatever forum you are in. :)

Apparently I'm the only one who's bothered by it, so I'll stop whining.

Last edited:

pedromj

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
Tokyo
Forum keeps logging me out, every X minutes it seems. I used to be always logged in.
Have you tried with different browsers. I never had this issue.

The "My Posts" button appears to be displaying a list of THREADS in which I've posted, not a list of my POSTS. (I'm presuming the list of threads is accurate but don't know.) I don't care about them, I want to see the posts like I used to.
I think this was discussed before and, IIRC, it is the correct behavior. To see your posts you can use a search.

(and no griping Roly, I'm an Opera user <g>)
You know, get firefox! :firefox:

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida

Yeah, to see "Your Posts" do this:
-Click Advanced Search
-Click Search Single Content Type tab
-In the username field, I *think* your name should already be in there - at least mine always is after having entered it previously - otherwise, type in your username
-On the bottom, click on the button to "Show Results as" "Posts" and then click "Search Now"

As a mod stated previously, since viewing your own posts isn't something as useful as viewing the threads you've posted in, they probably won't be making it a button.

Last edited:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I already did the "get your account back" procedure once after the upgrade, but now I'm back to not being able to login with the Facebook button. It just opens an empty tab. Will there be a fix for this?

Everyone will need to log in with their username and password. The new "Connect" button for Facebook is not for logging in anymore, it just opens up some Facebook related features.

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
i get this when i try to upload 1 6kb image and only 3 lines

"You have included a total of 2 images and/or videos in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 1. Please correct the problem and then continue again."
* Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 3 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
You mean like this?

Just use the little video button that is in the same area as text bolding, colors, etc., and enter the vid URL.
Well, I'll be darned! I've been waiting so patiently, and it's been there all along? Just have to jump through a hoop previously unnecessary, a hoop I can live with.

Thanks Angus!

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I have a question related to this topic. When one sends a pm is that personal? I did a search and found out this is not true. I found one of my personal pms displayed? So really this is not private? How come?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Could you elaborate? Nobody can see your PMs except for you and the person you send it to unless one of you posts it out in the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread