Status
Not open for further replies.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Well I've been looking at IBT for my new future in carto tanks but I had completely forgot about VVV (Valley View Vapes). I know IBT makes a quality product and from what I have heard, there customer service is fantastic but the prices are a little steep for my measly budget. VVV has just about the same type of deal but with a few less options as far as the size of the tanks go. I'm looking at their 4ml pyrex tank right now and it seems as though it has a 25mm OD. Anyone have a 25mm tank they could slap on their mini and take a picture for me? Just want to see if it would look good/proportional. I don't want it to look like I have a 5bgallon bucket on top of my PV :p

Also if anyone has any other vendors that specialize in carto tanks (specifically ones that fit 35mm cartos) feel free to give me some suggestions. I love this protank don't get me wrong but I get bored easy :rolleyes:

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Here's a pic of the mini without the "ring" and with a 25mm IBTanked on top - just so you can get an idea!

969927_10200930128569762_1671618646_n.jpg

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Yep, I agree. My washers are doing exactly that. I'm especially interested in those new "Halfling" tanks. I love my super shorty cartos; I find they have more flavor which makes sense: less poly. I've got a SS Lava Tank that would look awesome on my Dragonfly. The problem though is the same I'm having with my Prive: my carto punch is old and deforms the carto. They still work on my Phiniacs, kinda, but not my Prive nor my Lava tank. I am waiting as we speak for the UPS to deliver my saddle valve punch: hopefully that will fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll be forced to buy pre-punched cartos, which sucks.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
The 19mm IBtank fits the top of the mini perfectly - The middle Zmax is my daughter's mini with a 19mm IBtanked XL on it.

954723_10200912839617549_110302367_n.jpg

The 22mm fits the outer diameter of the mini and my opinion looks best with the "ring" to make them flush. The 22mm tank would be the same size as the AGA-T2 which is the first mini (my Dragonfly) but I just happened to have a couple of rings.

Hope this helps! :D

What/which 'max' is the one on the right w/ the Prive tank and what looks like holes in the vertical lines?

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Yep, I agree. My washers are doing exactly that. I'm especially interested in those new "Halfling" tanks. I love my super shorty cartos; I find they have more flavor which makes sense: less poly. I've got a SS Lava Tank that would look awesome on my Dragonfly. The problem though is the same I'm having with my Prive: my carto punch is old and deforms the carto. They still work on my Phiniacs, kinda, but not my Prive nor my Lava tank. I am waiting as we speak for the UPS to deliver my saddle valve punch: hopefully that will fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll be forced to buy pre-punched cartos, which sucks.

When I started punching my own cartos - I got a Bullet Piercing Valve from Amazon, it was like 5 bucks or so, it has done amazingly well - I did have to drill a small hole in one side which gave me the ability to line up the mark then turn the carto around so the hole is line and everytime I get perfectly punched cartos.

The other thing I like about it - it doesn't deform the carto as much as some other punches.

It looks like this:

BPV12-2.jpg

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
When I started punching my own cartos - I got a Bullet Piercing Valve from Amazon, it was like 5 bucks or so, it has done amazingly well - I did have to drill a small hole in one side which gave me the ability to line up the mark then turn the carto around so the hole is line and everytime I get perfectly punched cartos.

The other thing I like about it - it doesn't deform the carto as much as some other punches.

It looks like this:

BPV12-2.jpg

I have one of those already. It worked with my Prive so long as I only punched one hole. Unfortunately, since I use a thicker juice (50/50) I really need that second hole, which made it not work in the Prive.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I have one of those already. It worked with my Prive so long as I only punched one hole. Unfortunately, since I use a thicker juice (50/50) I really need that second hole, which made it not work in the Prive.

Wow really? Sorry to hear that, the carto that is in my Prive clone tank at this very moment I punched with this two equal holes both sides. That poor little carto has been through 1 whole 30ml bottle and half another, but it's a thinner clear juice and I'm not giving up on it till it gives up on me! :D

And I tend to punch my holes lower than advised, but I haven't had a problem as of yet (knockin' on wood as I type!)

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Wow really? Sorry to hear that, the carto that is in my Prive clone tank at this very moment I punched with this two equal holes both sides. That poor little carto has been through 1 whole 30ml bottle and half another, but it's a thinner clear juice and I'm not giving up on it till it gives up on me! :D

And I tend to punch my holes lower than advised, but I haven't had a problem as of yet (knockin' on wood as I type!)

I wonder if that's what made the difference. I don't have the problem with my XL Trap tank. I'm guessing the longer cartos don't deform as badly. I may ultimately have to use them in my Prive, though that would look really, really bad, lol.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I wonder if that's what made the difference. I don't have the problem with my XL Trap tank. I'm guessing the longer cartos don't deform as badly. I may ultimately have to use them in my Prive, though that would look really, really bad, lol.

I use the small tank on the Prive Clone, in the picture I posted of the three Zmax's it is on the telemax and you can tell it is a punched carto. I traded the XL tank as I don't really care for the "tall tanks", just a personal preference.

It's taking me some getting use to the AGA-T2 and the AGI because they are so tall and top heavy, but I like the vape.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
With the prive tanks if you cant get the carto into the tank try this. Instead of trying to push the carto into the tank, assemble the tank around the carto. Put the bottom cap on the bottom of the carto then and the tank tube and the top cap from the top. Then that way you don't have to push the punched area of the carto through one of the caps. ;)

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Speaking of the prive tanks anybody know where to get replacement xl tank tubes (or anybody wanna trade for a short one lol) and any news on the glass tubes? Im sure some of this info was posted before but my CRS is flaring up a lot lately ;)

I don't know if any place carries the XL tank, I know I traded my XL for a short one a while back - haven't heard any news on the glass either, I think many are waiting just like us!

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
Speaking of the prive tanks anybody know where to get replacement xl tank tubes (or anybody wanna trade for a short one lol) and any news on the glass tubes? Im sure some of this info was posted before but my CRS is flaring up a lot lately ;)

I'll trade you my XL for a short. I don't think i'll ever use the XL. Shoot me a PM if interested.

I can't recall who had the info for the Pyrex from Ibtanked. it was expensive if i recall. Might have been Darksyde, don't quote me on that tho.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'll trade you my XL for a short. I don't think i'll ever use the XL. Shoot me a PM if interested.

I can't recall who had the info for the Pyrex from Ibtanked. it was expensive if i recall. Might have been Darksyde, don't quote me on that tho.

Yep it was Darksyde. The base price is $11 per tank with minimum of 3 per order for custom cutting.

Darksyde said:
https://www.ibtanked.com/custom-cut-...x-1-8mm-detail

I believe this was the one. The bevel is $5 extra though with a minimum order of 3 tubes because its custom. Might be some of y'all could do a group buy though. It says they give a price break on 6 or more tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread