Not open for further replies.

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
And of course you know that the "Dragonfly" is being temperamental and a little camera shy. I can push the button five times off camera and it may fire three out of the two, on camera five in a row just like clockwork :blink: too funny!!!!!

Elantis, no worries what so ever. Whatever you can provide will help show that your unit is not working correctly should be acceptable :)

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
Just wanted to wish you all a
dugevete.jpg

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
Received my zmax today SJ, working like a champ, thanks very much.

spartanstew, Great to hear, I'm just sorry you had issues :) Now back to our regularly scheduled program ;)

This whole FDA thing has gotten me a little worried, especially for the e-juice vendors. It seems, from what I've heard, that they'll be hardest hit. And the fact that the FDA reserves the right to regulate our mods, tanks, etc., in the future, freaks the ..... out of me!

I have one friend that enjoys needling me about this whole fiasco. I try and take the high road, and just reply with my optimistic outlook of what I think things should turn out. It's so hard not to say "piss off, and go F with someone that is actually doing something bad".

…[rant over]

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Pardon The Interruption Again with the discussion, however because I do think it is important . . . As for the link to the petition and the follow-up post "Stop & Wait - Do Not Sign" on other threads . . . AND - As was posted elsewhere on ECF in reply to this post - It is "Your" choice to sign or not sign:

One very, well two, very major problems with this post.

First: "wait"... No. The FDA is not waiting, they are moving forward. And yes this is poorly worded and hastily put together but if something is not said it could he said too late and never reach those who have any actual influence in matters like this. True the regulations are only "proposed" but at one time, Obama-care was only proposed.

Second, "don't sign - just wait"... no, honestly I am already stocking up and planning an exit strategy. This is not even close to the time to wait simply because of spelling errors.

I would highly suggest that anyone who is able create a more sensibly worded petition and that we all sign both but it has always been rash and determined action that has shown the determination that has created this country and what once made it great.

Waiting for CASAA does not make your voice heard immediately.

I am a member of CASAA and value them greatly but, even if it is very grassroots and even if it fails, at least it is doing something. I will simply NOT be told what I can or cannot do to save my own life by a government I neither chose nor approve of.

/rant

While I agree it's not very well written I don't see the big deal in signing it as long as you follow casaa and add your name to the "real" petition when it's available.
You may also want to follow this site by Bill Godshall
FDA Proposal For Deeming Regulation

Funny thing - since I signed the petition - I just got a response from "By Mitch Zeller, the Director of the Food and Drug Administration's Center for Tobacco Products." AND - While it may have just been a generic letter sent to everyone who signed the petition, it shows that it was seen and also provided a link to be "heard" . . .

"The opportunity to comment on FDA's proposed rule is now open and comments are due on July 9, 2014. We encourage you to do so, and to provide any data and information you may have to support your comments."​

AND - In the email letter I got it also provided the following:

So - The question now really becomes are "We" being heard even if the petition is poorly written ? ? ? Who knows, but the petition is being seen and getting some attention . . .

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
uncle, i'm pretty sure that letter was sent in response to LAST YEAR'S petition :facepalm:

AND - While - Yes - It seems that the letter in response to the earlier petition is being re-sent now . . . Either way the links are still valid and hopefully some people will still it go to them to "Voice" their opinions/views . . . Just A Thought . . .

"Me" - I did do what I thought appropriate to do . . .

AND - RIGHT NOW - I'm staying out of all the in-fighting and continued disagreements throughout ECF about whether or not to sign any petition and to not say anything else until CASSA says so . . . CASSA DOES NOT SPEAK FOR "ME" . . .

I DON'T Care Anymore What People or CASSA does . . . I'm DONE ! ! !

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Pardon The Interruption Again with the discussion, however because I do think it is important . . . As for the link to the petition and the follow-up post "Stop & Wait - Do Not Sign" on other threads . . . AND - As was posted elsewhere on ECF in reply to this post - It is "Your" choice to sign or not sign:

Funny thing - since I signed the petition - I just got a response from "By Mitch Zeller, the Director of the Food and Drug Administration's Center for Tobacco Products." AND - While it may have just been a generic letter sent to everyone who signed the petition, it shows that it was seen and also provided a link to be "heard" . . .

"The opportunity to comment on FDA's proposed rule is now open and comments are due on July 9, 2014. We encourage you to do so, and to provide any data and information you may have to support your comments."​

AND - In the email letter I got it also provided the following:

So - The question now really becomes are "We" being heard even if the petition is poorly written ? ? ? Who knows, but the petition is being seen and getting some attention . . .

I don't think you did anything wrong. Don't let one person spoil it. At least you DID something!

I got the same response and had no idea that was the response from last year (or whenever). Pretty chicken when they don't allow a specific population to even file a petition. That does bug me. I'm afraid that might be an indicator of what they think of us, if we let them. Meanwhile, make sure everyone is signed up as a member since numbers do count and I suspect the FDA is counting on bt fueled TVECA to represent "the vaping community" based on their posturing lately.

CASSA is going over the documents this weekend and have stated they will give a response on Monday (since they didn't get to see it earlier like other interested parties). I think that's prudent.

The documents are woefully silent when it comes to eliquids and unflavored nicotine. That's making a lot of people nervous so I'm sure that will be addressed on Monday, one way or another. I have a suspicion that enough people on ECF have been stockpiling that the entire community could be supplied for a couple of years (?) just from that. But the bigger picture IMO are the smokers who won't have the opportunity we've had.

Before I knew that the response to the new petition was a year old, I went ahead and flipped off my opinion this morning to the return address. It hasn't come back yet. But here it is:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nse-whitehouse-gov-petition.html#post12958608

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Just wanted to drop in and state the problems with the Dragonfly calmed a bit after a lot of TLC cleaning and a little much needed vacation from being used daily.

But I wanted to share their makeovers, as much as I love the clean look of the machined stainless, I have been bringing a little color into my life...so here they are:

DSCN0690.jpg

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
Just wanted to drop in and state the problems with the Dragonfly calmed a bit after a lot of TLC cleaning and a little much needed vacation from being used daily.

But I wanted to share their makeovers, as much as I love the clean look of the machined stainless, I have been bringing a little color into my life...so here they are

Elantis, I'm glad to hear that, but if you need it replaced just let me know. BTW, those are a couple classy looking ZMax Minis :)

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Elantis, I'm glad to hear that, but if you need it replaced just let me know. BTW, those are a couple classy looking ZMax Minis :)

But...but...but...it's my Dragonfly :unsure:

Really - if it does get to the point it is bad, I will definitely let you know.

I do really like the Kayfun (clones) with the mini's - imo they were classy to begin with - I just added a little "pow". :D

Last edited:

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
Update

I recently and unfortunately had my first run-in with the inefficiencies of our down-sized usps. It all started when Ohio Points sent back his defective unit with a bad button. No problem there, but when I went to drop off his replacement around 4:30pm, I drove in and pulled up to the first drop-off box, and the opening was dented to the point I couldn't get the small FR box in it. So I pulled up to the second one, and I noticed it looked a little full because I could see a few letters. Since it was close to the collection time, I didn't think much about it and put it in the drop-off box.

A couple days passed, and Ohio Points PMed me stating that there was no movement on the package, so I immediately filed a missing package ticket. I even went down there and asked if they had any knowledge of what could have happened to it, and if they used cameras to monitor the parking lot/drop-off boxes… they didn't on either.

Today I finally received a letter from usps stating that they would not refund me the money for the unit or for the shipping. To say the least, I'm ...... off!!! Tomorrow I'll be going back down there, and requesting to speak to the postmaster.

Bottom line, not only did I have to use another one of the replacement units to send out to Ohio Points, but it makes me feel like I'm being called a liar, which I don't take kindly to!!!

:evil:

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
Well that's a 'lady dog'. I take it there wasn't even record of it being recieved. Good luck w/ the postmaster.

Nope……… & thanks. I was thinking about calling OnStar and asking if they could provide GPS info for the day I dropped it off.

I guess after hosting or assisting in about 7 different co-ops and shipping between 500 to 1000 boxes, I learned a valuable lesson; when in doubt, ALWAYS HAND IT OFF TO USPS PERSONNEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread