Slide-to-open Top fill VS Top rotary refill design!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freemax_Jerry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Which fill design you prefer and why?:nun:

IMG_1804.jpg

1.Slide-to-open Top fill design

2.Top rotary refill design

Me: I like Slide-to-open Top fill design,more easy and convenient to fill.:p

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hard question. They can both be done well and done badly.
Slide fill is easier, but has issues. It is prone to get loose which makes it easier for it to either leak or break. Screw on is stronger and generally won’t leak, but can be cross threaded (the solomon2 has very thin threads and was prone to this)

A bad screw on is better than a bad slide. A Bad screw on you can work with, but bad slide caps will fail catastrophically and do things like ruin clothing and destroy the device.

A good slide is better than a good screw on but harder to do, and rarer. So rare poor schmucks who bought bad smok stuff are so put off by slides they won’t buy em.

A tethered bayonet fitting was the traditional work around for this. You see it in older military stuff a lot.
It sort of splits the difference. Easier and faster than a screw on, but more rugged than a slide. If they’re done right you can also use em one handed which is the primary advantage of a slide. They may be more expensive than both. You don’t see them much any more.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I actually prefer the flip top of the Sense Herakles tank. Sorry, but it never accidentally opens and is not messy after refilling, some slide types still need a good wipe after filling. I use a other tanks with slide tops but really like that flip top. Slides too wear out the seal, flips don't.
Caused me to watch a video on it. Looks to me like it’s screw on bottom fill. The top is totally sealed. This imho is one step more rugged than screw on top fill, as there is one less seal to deal with. I’ve got a berserker that actually has a top screw fill but has some sort of vacuum issue using the top fill port that is bad enough that it works better bottom fill than it does top fill.

Freemax_Jerry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I like the top rotary refill design. The slide to open tops can come open in your pocket or bag spilling liquid everywhere. The top rotary refill stays closed until you manually open it so there's no chance of leaks from the refill system.
You are right,i forget the leakage problem :ohmy:,because i rarely put it in my pocket.:facepalm:

Freemax_Jerry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hard question. They can both be done well and done badly.
Slide fill is easier, but has issues. It is prone to get loose which makes it easier for it to either leak or break. Screw on is stronger and generally won’t leak, but can be cross threaded (the solomon2 has very thin threads and was prone to this)

A bad screw on is better than a bad slide. A Bad screw on you can work with, but bad slide caps will fail catastrophically and do things like ruin clothing and destroy the device.

A good slide is better than a good screw on but harder to do, and rarer. So rare poor schmucks who bought bad SMOK stuff are so put off by slides they won’t buy em.

A tethered bayonet fitting was the traditional work around for this. You see it in older military stuff a lot.
It sort of splits the difference. Easier and faster than a screw on, but more rugged than a slide. If they’re done right you can also use em one handed which is the primary advantage of a slide. They may be more expensive than both. You don’t see them much any more.
Wow, great answer,but every coin has two sides,just choose what you like.;)

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread