Slight Anxiety about first Business Trip since Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
I am packing for my first flight and business trip since I started vaping and quit smoking, and it is stressing me out a little bit. I am headed to Vegas for 5 Days which is indoor smoking capital of the world, and I want to make sure that I have plenty of back ups to help me though this. I am trying to make sure that I pack all of the gear that I will need.

I am leaving behind all of my rebuilding tools and supplies.
  • 2 Kbox Minis
  • 2 Subtank Minis - freshly rebuilt RBAs
  • 1 Spare Subtank Mini rba - built and ready to go
  • 3 Factory OCCs
  • 1 Pack of STM o-rings
  • 1 Snapdragon rda
  • 1 Blue Screw Driver
  • 4 18650 batteries charged up
  • 1 Nightcore D2 charger
  • 1 Charging cable for emergencies
  • 60ml e-liquid
I know that this may sound silly, but can I please get help with my list to help me make sure that I pack everything?

I know that I will need to put my e liquid in a zip lock for security, and that I should carry everything in my carry on bag. I have also heard that I should leave my tanks empty for the flight. Any other travel tips?

Everything fits in my little electronics case below.
Case3.jpg

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Looks good! One thing that can help is doing a search for Las Vegas ecig and vape shops and printing a map of the ones near where you are staying. A little more peace of mind. Have a great trip!

That is a fantastic idea!!!! Thanks!

That brings up another question that I have. Does anyone have any recommendations for shops on the Strip? I will be spending most of my time in or around Caesar's Palace.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I have some personal experience with vaping in Vegas. I've done two separate week long trips with my gear. The first trip was years ago with less advanced gear at the time, the more recent trip was last August...had a mech, few drippers, a 50 watt device, a tank, charger, 4 batteries...and no problem. I could vape where I wanted with no one to give me a hard time about. I did end up burning through the liquid that I brought with me so I ended up buying a few bottles on the strip. There were two places on the strip, one in front of planet Hollywood..they were OK, kind of a strange place..it was a little kiosk. Juice was so so..to much PG for my tastes. The second place was in the shopping plaza in front of planet Hollywood. Much more traditional shop that focused more on the high power/authentic crowd but a decent selection of juice. You'll be good to go.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Silicone sleeves or case for all you 18650's. When I get on a plane the atomizer is removed from the mod. The mod is disabled with 5 clicks and/or the battery is removed to it's silicone sleeve and everything is in carry on. The airline would like us to do everything possible to minimize the chance of overheating a battery.

Reactions: jjatl

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
I am packing for my first flight and business trip since I started vaping and quit smoking, and it is stressing me out a little bit. I am headed to Vegas for 5 Days which is indoor smoking capital of the world, and I want to make sure that I have plenty of back ups to help me though this. I am trying to make sure that I pack all of the gear that I will need.

• 2 Kbox Minis
  • 1 Spare Subtank Mini RBA - built and ready to go
  • 3 Factory OCCs
  • 1 Pack of STM o-rings
  • 1 Snapdragon RDA
  • 1 Blue Screw Driver
  • 1 Nightcore D2 charger
  • 60ml e-liquid
I know that this may sound silly, but can I please get help with my list to help me make sure that I pack everything?

I know that I will need to put my e liquid in a zip lock for security, and that I should carry everything in my carry on bag. I have also heard that I should leave my tanks empty for the flight. Any other travel tips?

View attachment 545509

I always travel with at the very least ( checked baggage with no problems ), a way to change my wicks
http://www.knifecenter.com/item/XTSNS202/slip-n-snip-the-original-folding-scissors-chrome
Genuine Lightning Vapes Ceramic Tweezers - Heat Resistant - Pointed - - Amazon.com
http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Tools_-a-_Test_Equipment/Screwdrivers_-a-
_Torque_Tools/Miniature_Screwdrivers_-a-_Screwdriver_Sets/TW-SD-MSL-1
TW-SD-MPH-1 | Wera Miniature Screwdriver: Phillips, #0, 60mm long
Cotton Bacon - by WICK 'N' VAPE (V2 Now Available)
And make one spare coil set before you leave, for the RBA / RDA's just in case

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Oh and 60ml's for 5 day's ?, I brought 8 - 30 ml bottles for a 7 day trip, came back home with full bottles but it was Puerto Rico were I didn't want to have to rely on ever needing to search for a vape shop but if your one that enjoys spending your time in vape shops ( there pretty much all the same, overpriced everything ) then enjoy that and I wish you safe travels ..........
Pack your juice in a separate baggie, same with cotton

Reactions: Jdurand

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

• 2 Kbox Minis
  • 3 Factory OCCs
  • 1 Pack of STM o-rings
  • 1 Snapdragon RDA
  • 1 Blue Screw Driver
  • 1 Nightcore D2 charger
  • 60ml e-liquid

View attachment 545509
Looks like you are pretty set and have gotten some great suggestions :)

Now relax! Enjoy your trip! :D

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

• 2 Kbox Minis
  • 3 Factory OCCs
  • 1 Pack of STM o-rings
  • 1 Snapdragon RDA
  • 1 Blue Screw Driver
  • 1 Nightcore D2 charger
  • 60ml e-liquid

View attachment 545509

Since the coils on an RTA lasts so much longer than Coik heads, i woukd take a subtank mini and your favorite RTA.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Thought I'd add something that I thought about. If you don't want to take building supplies with you, you could wrap up some coils and put them in one of those medicine containers for the week. You could get one for a few days wroth of pills, and in each day pop in a separate coil or if you do dual coils, pop each pair into one. That way you have some spare coils just in case and don't have to carry everything you need to rebuild, just a bit of cotton, the screwdriver you already got, some small scissors and maybe another tool to help mount the coils.

Definitely more juice if you don't want to have to buy any. You can never take too much juice with you lol.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Thanks for all of the wonderful advice!!!

I have added a an extra coil for each atomizer and cotton.

I typically only use about 6ml of e-liquid per day. I was thinking that doubling that would be sufficient, but another 30ml will not take up much room, so will have 90ml. Better safe than sorry!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I spent 3 of the last 6 weeks away on business/pleasure and I brought the following:

2-3 mods (a Provari tube, a SX Mini and a Provari Radius)
A 2 battery charger (just a cheap SODA)
Batteries in all mods but 2 extras
45-60ml of juice
A 5 pack of extra coils

I didn't bother with drippers or RBAs. Also, I don't like subohming in hotels as you can set off the fire alarm. I prefer to use my Provari @ 12-13w in hotels and rental cars.

I also check where the nearest vape store is relative to my hotel.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I got worried I cut my liquid too close when I was in Vegas just a few weeks ago, and WHILE googling for a vape shop, BOOM, I walked by an NJoy-stand. RIght off the "strip". Got a bottle from their "Artist collection".
Yuck. I can't vape it - too used to my DIY I guess...

Anyway - your list looks pretty extensive.
You need your liquid in a baggie for YOUR security - I actually never bother pulling it out of my carryon, and in at least 50 flights, no one's ever asked me to. Tanks are bound to leak if full due to air pressure change.
And CARRY ON for batteries (I carryon all of it but the charger, and sometimes the rebuild kit) - you're not allowed batteries in checked luggage.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City

• 2 Kbox Minis
  • 3 Factory OCCs
  • 1 Pack of STM o-rings
  • 1 Snapdragon RDA
  • 1 Blue Screw Driver
  • 1 Nightcore D2 charger
  • 60ml e-liquid

View attachment 545509
This is all u need for 5 days:
2 mods
2 tanks
5 premade coils or if u do rta/rda, rebuildable wire/cotton/tools
1-2 chargers
100ml-200ml liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread