Slowly Losing the ability to vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesCox93

Jul 13, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I have been vaping for about 6 months and I am a dripper. Lately vaping has become harder for me in the aspect that i cannot vape without coughing. unlike other threads this cough has developed and I'm not new to vaping. All my liquids are harsh as hell and i cant rip them like normal without awful coughs. I had been nearly comp level before this.

My equipment for everyday is IPV4 with Turbo SS RDA. I have also tried my tugboat V2 w/ comp cap and mutation v4. Same results. Several coil builds. Nano Dragon, bad. Nichrome micros, worse, Marcos best but still bad.

Liquids were South9Vapes Ceral .4mg and Seduce juice Jezebel 3mg max VG among others

Help?

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Um, that's not right. Vaping shouldn't be making you cough.

What wattage are you usually vaping at/what resistance are your atomizers usually? Maybe turn down the wattage?

I had been nearly comp level before this.

It'd be a shame if you had to hang up the belt from the illustrious "pro vaping" circuit. (/sarcasm -- because I vape for my health, not for sport..)

JamesCox93

Jul 13, 2015
Charlotte, NC
It'd be a shame if you had to hang up the belt from the illustrious "pro vaping" circuit. (/sarcasm -- because I vape for my health, not for sport..)

Thats always been the appeal to me though and the hobby of it help me quit.
I have tried several builds from 0.7 to 0.15. My normal for several months was .25ohm. Wattage i like to keep at whatever gave 4.2volts but i have tried going as low as 3.5v (almost not firing) to 5.8volts of power. with all these builds the range of wattage was low 30s to 100watts. Previously i could full pull much higher

MonkeyTokes

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
Collegeville, PA
If its been happenijg just recently, ie. Last week or so, I'd say it could either be, seasonal allergies, your build, you're developing a PG allergy (this is a problem for me), your throat is becoming sensitive, your wicking material, and your nicotine. For me if I go over 12mg now( I used to drip 24mg until my buddy told me its not normal to drip 24 :/ ) the first few puffs in the morning or if there are a few hours between my last vape are really harsh.

On a side note, a lot of B&M shops don't produce juice in actual clean settings. Their clean rooms are rooms wiped down with alcohol if you're lucky, not actual clean rooms. So it could be the brand of juice you're using just has terrible quality standards, effectively making you vape dust and all types of other garbage

Reactions: suprtrkr

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I haven't got a better suggestion than cutting the power. Thirty watts is still pretty powerful, it was unheard of on anything this side of a mech and low subohm just two years ago. Blowing cloud may be the fun part for you, but I will opine staying off the sticks is more important. I have often wondered if those eXtreme cloud blowers were damaging themselves doing it. I don't think anybody knows. But maybe your lungs are rebelling. Hhhmmm... VG makes some people cough from phlegm buildup. Maybe go to a 30/70 or 40/60 blend for a while? See if that helps.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I have tried several builds from 0.7 to 0.15. My normal for several months was .25ohm. Wattage i like to keep at whatever gave 4.2volts but i have tried going as low as 3.5v (almost not firing) to 5.8volts of power. with all these builds the range of wattage was low 30s to 100watts. Previously i could full pull much higher

Might want to consult with a doctor on this but I suspect you are overdoing it for some condition you may have.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I'm wondering if you have developed an allergic reaction to the flavorings. Looking at 9 South Vapes website on their Cereal Killa, no flavor profile listed, but the label is showing possibly fruit loops flavor? If that is the case the Lemon, Lime, or Orange flavorings being Citric might have caused a development of irritation, cinnamon and brown sugar cinnamon could also cause irritation development as citric and cinnamon flavors are acidic by nature. Jezebel on the other hand being honeydew and strawberries, do not see it causing an issue.

You may have also developed an irritation toward PG in general. Try using an unflavored 3mg nic juice for a couple days, still irritating, move to an unflavored 3mg VG only liquid, if that is still irritating, get some nic patches, lozenges, or gum and set the vape aside for a week or 2 and see your doctor about running tests on allergies to VG and PG

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
You could temporarily cut down cloud production.
Suggest try liquid with no nic. See what happens. You may have irritated your throat so nothing is going to work immediately. Might look for some type of off the shelf throat pain reliever. Then vape no nic coupled with nic gum and less clouds till throat heals (1-4 days guessing then gradually resume happy spot).

Reactions: IMFire3605

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.

Might wanna try 0nic, potentially flavorless (as @IMFire3605 mentioned).

Beyond that I don't really have any suggestions for you.

JamesCox93

Jul 13, 2015
Charlotte, NC
In case you hadn't considered it, it could be Nichrome
Using kanthal as well it had crossed my mind

You could temporarily cut down cloud production.
Suggest try liquid with no nic. See what happens. You may have irritated your throat so nothing is going to work immediately. Might look for some type of off the shelf throat pain reliever. Then vape no nic coupled with nic gum and less clouds till throat heals (1-4 days guessing then gradually resume happy spot).

Maybe a 5 day break would be good. Seeing as ive tried almost all the other suggestions from browsing other threads

JamesCox93

Jul 13, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I haven't got a better suggestion than cutting the power. Thirty watts is still pretty powerful, it was unheard of on anything this side of a mech and low subohm just two years ago. Blowing cloud may be the fun part for you, but I will opine staying off the sticks is more important. I have often wondered if those eXtreme cloud blowers were damaging themselves doing it. I don't think anybody knows. But maybe your lungs are rebelling. Hhhmmm... VG makes some people cough from phlegm buildup. Maybe go to a 30/70 or 40/60 blend for a while? See if that helps.
Ill buy some 50/50 today and see how that goes too

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I'm wondering if you have developed an allergic reaction to the flavorings. Looking at 9 South Vapes website on their Cereal Killa, no flavor profile listed, but the label is showing possibly fruit loops flavor? If that is the case the Lemon, Lime, or Orange flavorings being Citric might have caused a development of irritation, cinnamon and brown sugar cinnamon could also cause irritation development as citric and cinnamon flavors are acidic by nature. Jezebel on the other hand being honeydew and strawberries, do not see it causing an issue.

You may have also developed an irritation toward PG in general. Try using an unflavored 3mg nic juice for a couple days, still irritating, move to an unflavored 3mg VG only liquid, if that is still irritating, get some nic patches, lozenges, or gum and set the vape aside for a week or 2 and see your doctor about running tests on allergies to VG and PG

I had a rough throat and coughing develop after about two years of vaping, and it ended up being the flavorings in my case. I would also suggest switching to unflavored for a few days and see if it clears it up. If you get a good result, you can slowly re-introduce flavors, cutting your mixes by half or so, and see where you get that feeling back. With any luck it's only a certain range of flavors. Citrus are particularly bad for me.

JamesCox93

Jul 13, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I had a rough throat and coughing develop after about two years of vaping, and it ended up being the flavorings in my case. I would also suggest switching to unflavored for a few days and see if it clears it up. If you get a good result, you can slowly re-introduce flavors, cutting your mixes by half or so, and see where you get that feeling back. With any luck it's only a certain range of flavors. Citrus are particularly bad for me.
I hope its not the flavors haha because jezebel is a long time fav of mine. i buy it 118ml at a time now. but i have several new flavors coming from several more brands. will try them and update. they should arrive today

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
UPDATE:

50/50 was a bust, but some mucinex and 0mg nic and im back to getting through the day. really thinking its an illness unrelated to vaping... Just vaping the .3% when i have bad cravings, and mucinex is helping there too. hopefully it will pass in a few days

so is it 3mg/ml nicotine strengh that you usually vape?

3mg/ml at 30 watts sounds common.
but for 100 watts you want more like 1mg/ml if you chainvape it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread