The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Small puffs won't cut it .

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Mike .. w, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    So say we all (or should).

Good luck and enjoy. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I usually find a way to be discrete and still be able to maintain the vape. Yesterday, I sat in my dentist's large waiting room and vaped unflavored juice discreetly without attracting the attention of several other people scattered about the room. I just turned it down to 9w to quiet the crackle, held it in for about 5 seconds, and blew the tiny vapor plume from my iStick 40w down my shirt. Everyone had their nose stuck in a magazine or watched CNN on the TV and no one even looked up.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I can stealth vape if needed, but more and more, I really don't find the need. If I just tuck my vape in my purse if I'm shopping or whatever, I don't think about it much. I find this interesting as I was used to thinking about cigarettes 24/7 365.

Yes, I used to be a cranky shopper, you can't stealth smoke, so chalk up another win for vaping.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Lol :lol:
    It sounds like the problem is in your head buddy/budette
    You should relax and cross that bridge should you come to it.
    Like you said, be conscious of your surroundings and considerate and I’m sure your inner rage won’t boil over ;)

Edit; just noticed you’re called Mike. I’d assume a buddy rather than budette. Just noticed :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. dripster

dripster Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    I'm neither young nor old so I care both about clouds and about not smoking anymore. :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I always try to be considerate and generally follow rules.

Just a few days ago I was vaping outside the entrance to my local library. A staff person was going to her car and said, "I know you're not smoking, but could you use that a little farther from the door?" Didn't seem to be an unreasonable request to me, so I moved farther from the door.

I like to go to high school games, and according to school policy there is no smoking allowed on the entire campus, which even includes the parking lot. I imagine there are many workplaces (like a hospital) that have the same restrictions. Well, at half time at basketball games I go out the entrance of the building and vape outdoors. There's usually a few smokers including a sheriff in uniform out there smoking a cigarette, and he's never said anything about enforcing the law (rules). So I guess you have to use common sense in some situations.

At HS football games, again there is no smoking on campus. Even though I'm outdoors in an open space, I can't vape because its easier to be seen smoking/vaping on the football property. I have to go into the bathroom stall to vape, which seems ridiculous.

Having said that, I used to vape at the movie theater. I don't think I could go an entire movie without vaping. I always made sure to go when there was hardly anyone in the theater, and always would sit in the back row. Of course I'd wait until the lights were out. I had a stealthy small vape pen, and would do a stealth vape (double inhale technique) that made virtually no vapor on exhale. I figured if nobody see's it, it didn't happen, right?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Depends what it smells like. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    …after the popcorn!:pop:

(…or sharing both.)

Good luck. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Gummy bears? :sneaky:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. pwmeek

pwmeek Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 8, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Another advantage to vaping flavorless. My wife mentioned that my vape no longer smelled "perfumey" when I quit making my e-juice with sour green apple and sour cherry flavorings. I had been reducing the amount of flavor for quite a while, and during some experiments to discover my optimum nicotine level and PG/VG ratio (I dropped flavorings to avoid extra factors) I discovered that I didn't miss the flavors at all. I only vape for the nicotine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I would miss flavoring, although it is for sure true that vaping flavorless is more stealthy. I just can't imagine not using the option of a smaller MTL vape when in stealth mode. I mean, this is a time where if you just hold the vape in your mouth, there is barely anything left when you exhale.

I mainly use this method at Walmart, the one I hate but is near the kid, so I often (uncomfortably) use this method, although I will admit I find it fun in some regards, in the sense that I'd love to be able to say that I got kicked OUT of one. I was not the type to stealth vape much at work, in bathrooms and etc. Oh, don't get me wrong I've done it, but later decided that vaping in public bathrooms is gross, etc., and I don't go out of my way to stealth vape anymore. Like an hour in Walmart is going to kill me.... I mainly do it out of frustration these days once I got on a campaign of NOT moving people's carts without their knowledge or consent.

I find that behavior rude, akin to parking one's car crossways over 2 lane traffic.... But also decided my "solution" was the wrong one... Since rudeness begets rudeness and etc.

Anna

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to blow giant clouds in the cereal aisle.

Apologies if you're not familiar with this ECF meme.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    [Dare I say it?] If after spending hours intricately manicuring a multi-wire bird's nest, clamping it onto the formidable aircraft carrier deck and topping off our latest 200W+ mod we feel we have to skulk…vaping (or smoking) was never our problem.

Good luck. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.