Small single coil screew top atties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I am looking for an alternative to the RM2 I currently use.

I would like:
Single coil
Small Volume
Stainless Steel
AFC
Screw on rather than push on cap.

I know about the Chalice 3 but don't really want to spend $140 on an atty.

I currently have a Reo Grand LP but long term I am looking to increase my coil resistance from 1.2 ohms so I can maybe move to a 14500 mini, so the AFC is about restricting the airflow for MTL vaping rather than massive air!

Any ideas?

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
I am looking for an alternative to the RM2 I currently use.

I would like:
Single coil
Small Volume
Stainless Steel
AFC
Screw on rather than push on cap.

I know about the Chalice 3 but don't really want to spend $140 on an atty.

I currently have a Reo Grand LP but long term I am looking to increase my coil resistance from 1.2 ohms so I can maybe move to a 14500 mini, so the AFC is about restricting the airflow for MTL vaping rather than massive air!

Any ideas?

I right there with you, not as much out there for us MTL SINGLE coil vapers, good luck and keep us informed on your search. I am certainly interested in the results.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'm not aware of any others either, but thought I'd ask why you want a screw on rather than push on cap. For me the push on caps are so much better and easier than the screw on caps, but maybe there's something about them, that I'm not thinking of. A push on cap would open your choices a good bit. I don't care for the tiny attys, have gotten rid of some, and have another one that needs to go at some point. With a screw on cap, it's very easy to position your air hole directly in front of the coil.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I'm a MTL single coil Reo vaper, and besides the RM2 I use the Odin and the Nuppin. Both are great as single coil MTL atties. I know they aren't screw on tops.

I build them at 1.2 single coil. They are made so if you put the cap on one way it's a single open air hole for single coils.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
I'm a MTL single coil Reo vaper, and besides the RM2 I use the Odin and the Nuppin. Both are great as single coil MTL atties. I know they aren't screw on tops.

I build them at 1.2 single coil. They are made so if you put the cap on one way it's a single open air hole for single coils.

I wasn't aware the Odin was a good vape with a single coil, I vape unflavoured so the Odin might be a good choice, also looking at the Stumpy.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks for the suggestions...
The reason I would like a screw top is because I pocket the mod on a regular basis. I also carry the mod in my cycle bag I don't like the idea of the cap coming off in my pocket or bag.
gotchya, that makes sense. I don't think they'd come off unless you were always picking them up by the top cap, and even then they may not but they could. I can easily pick up the mini 2.1 by the top cap of the ERA on it and it doesn't come off, but if it were in a tight pocket it might.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
First atty I ever had with a loose top would be rm5/atom clone and derringer 2nd.. both fixed with a thin piece of floss under the oring to make it tighter.

Older attys like the era and hornet or the cyclone. Those are tuff to pull the cap off so no chance of those coming off in your pocket.

Reactions: Debadoo

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Thanks for the suggestions...
The reason I would like a screw top is because I pocket the mod on a regular basis. I also carry the mod in my cycle bag I don't like the idea of the cap coming off in my pocket or bag.
Never had the top come off of my Odin or Nuppin. You have to apply a good amount of force to pull the tops off those.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I wasn't aware the Odin was a good vape with a single coil, I vape unflavoured so the Odin might be a good choice, also looking at the Stumpy.
If you build your coil in front of this cut out its in single coil mode. The opposite air hole is closed when you put the cap on.
d54f74634b609ba2c8d29fd196ac51de.jpg

It works great!! Thats the only way I vape it.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I was already to pipe in say RM3 (with single cap) and IGO-S (don't know if Rob still carries, when I read your 4 & 5th criteria......oops. One could take care of the AFC with a drill (hahaha) but then there's the cap.... I've never had a problem and I front pocket mine but I hear you.

Hopefully, more folks will post.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.

I tried an Odin and personally didn't like the loss of flavor compared to the little guys. They are a wonderful atty (1 or 2 coils), great for straight lung hits, etc. but just not for me. Nonetheless, I'm glad I ventured because it helped me clarify what I like.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
"...but long term I am looking to increase my coil resistance from 1.2 ohms so I can maybe move to a 14500 mini..."

As in you think you have to run higher than 1.2 to switch to a 14500 Mini? Going higher than 1.2 is not necessary on a Mini 14500. With 14500 600mAh 4A batts you can safely run 1.1 to as high as you want to go; with 650 mAh 9A down to .5 or a little lower to as high as you want.

As for atty's... not much will fit in an OG Mini 14500, less with screw on caps. The LP Mini 1.0 is a little more forgiving, but still limits you to Chalice, Hornet, RM2 and RM3 type atty's. No Name Mods has some small bf atty's that would work I think, but they are nearly as much as a Chalice.

My 14500 Mini's (Woodvil's, Mini 1.0 and an OG Mini) all run Chalice II's/III's, Hornets and an IGO-S. An authentic bf Hornet is about $75-$80 if you can find them, but I actually cussed at mine every time I had to take the push on cap off. No way it was ever going to come off on its own, It took some real some force to get off until I took one of the o-rings off. They come drilled small for MTL, are easy to enlarge in steps to find what you like for your own draw. The IGO-S cap comes off easier, but by design has nothing to snag to help it come off on its own, also starts out drilled for MTL. Not as easy to find, most that have them won't let them go. I still say that even though someone said they traded a Chalice III for 6 of them recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
"...but long term I am looking to increase my coil resistance from 1.2 ohms so I can maybe move to a 14500 mini..."

As in you think you have to run higher than 1.2 to switch to a 14500 Mini? Going higher than 1.2 is not necessary on a Mini 14500. With 14500 600mAh 4A batts you can safely run 1.1 to as high as you want to go; with 650 mAh 9A down to .5 or a little lower to as high as you want.

As for atty's... not much will fit in an OG Mini 14500, less with screw on caps. The LP Mini 1.0 is a little more forgiving, but still limits you to Chalice, Hornet, LP RM2 and RM3 type atty's. No Name Mods has some small bf atty's that would work I think, but they are nearly as much as a Chalice.

My 14500 Mini's (Woodvil's, Mini 1.0 and an OG Mini) all run Chalice II's/III's, Hornets and an IGO-S. An authentic bf Hornet is about $75-$80 if you can find them, but I actually cussed at mine every time I had to take the push on cap off. No way it was ever going to come off on its own, It took some real some force to get off until I took one of the o-rings off. They come drilled small for MTL, are easy to enlarge in steps to find what you like for your own draw. The IGO-S cap comes off easier, but by design has nothing to snag to help it come off on its own, also starts out drilled for MTL. Not as easy to find, most that have them won't let them go. I still say that even though someone said they traded a Chalice III for 6 of them recently.

I knew I could run lower than 1.2 on a mini, I am looking at increasing the resistance in order to increase the battery run time! I would like to be able to go a work day without carrying a spare battery or charger. I have been gradually moving away from sub ohm builds with low nic levels to higher ohm with higher nic levels to increase my battery run time on the grand. I probably vape around 1.5 to 2 ml in a work day at the moment. Thats at 1.2 ohms and 12mg nic. I'm not sure if I could get that kind of run time out of a mini with a 650mAH battery?

It looks like my options are going to be limited to the chalice and the RM2 if I move to the LP mini 1.0

Thanks for the info.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread