The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Small victory for SM

Discussion in 'Smokeless tobacco' started by Stubby, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Stubby

Stubby Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Eight Swedish Match snus products where approved by the FDA as a new legal tobacco product. All of them are in the General line. Perhaps someone can figure out which one they are. This is not the modified risk designation, but a new tobacco product designation. I guess if they kill off vaping we still have something.

The timing makes me suspicious, but..... what possible reason do I have for being suspicious of the FDA. Regardless, it is good news.

FDA issues first product marketing orders through premarket tobacco application pathway

2. The Rebel

The Rebel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Did some searching and couldn't find anything about which ones were approved. But if I had to guess, I would say they'll start with the ones already available in the US. That would include Original, Mint, Wintergreen, White, Nordic, Classic, Mini Mint, and Loose. Loose isn't available everywhere, but I've found it at some specialty tobacco shops. One local shop in particular even dialed up their supplier to request different flavors and brands for me and was told that these were the only ones available to the US at this time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stubby

Stubby Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    • Like Like x 1
  4. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Thanks for keeping us informed Stubby.

5. The Rebel

The Rebel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Holy crap, I nailed them all. I need to play the lottery or something. ;)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.