Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks I hope all is well with everyone, today I'm going to review another pod system from Geekvape. This is another Aegis that Geekvape simply calls the Aegis Pod. This is the smallest of all the Aegis devices and still carries the IP-67 rating for toughness, waterproof, and dust protection. There are a few changes with this Pod System that Geekvape made that I'll cover later in the review but first let's get to know the newest and smallest Aegis yet.

GEEKVAPE AEGIS POD

COLOR CHOICES

Geekvape_Aegis_Pod_System_Kit_800mAh.jpg

Product Introduction

Geekvape Aegis Pod System Kit is the most rugged but smallest device in the Aegis series. It is the first IP-67 rated Type-C charging pod vape kit in the industry, Aegis pod kit redefines shockproof technology with improved impact toughness, notch toughness, and fracture toughness. A combination of stitched leather and zinc alloy makes the Aegis pod vape kit as stylish to look at as it is simple to use. It is powered by an internal 800mAh battery and is charged by a convenient USB Type-C port. The single button on the device serves not only to activate it but also to lock it. Setup is reduced greatly thanks to the fixed wattage output, which automatically sets a power output level, so you'll experience a more consistent vape. Moreover, the Geekvape Aegis Pod kit features 3.5ml large capacity e-juice and 0.6ohm mesh coil. The replaceable 0.6ohm Aegis coils feature a mesh coil build delivering increased flavor from e-liquid and a faster ramp-up. The 3.5ml refill Pod can enough vapor to support both mouth to lung and restricted direct to lung vaping, it suits most preferences. Four color options.

Parameters

Size: 87.7mm(Height) x 17.7mm(Width) x 40mm(Depth)

Battery: Built-in 800mAh battery

Charger Specifications: Type-C 5V/1.5A (IP-67 Rated)

Wattage Output Range: 12-18W done automatically

Resistance Range: 0.2ohm-3ohm

Pod Capacity: 3.5ml

Output Voltage: 4.2V

Battery Indicator: Green (100-70%) Blue (69-31%) Red (30-0%)

Charging Port: USB Type-C port

Maximum Puff Time: 10s

Colors: Beetle Black / Gunmetal / Silver Chafer / Tamamushi

Geekvape Aegis Pod System Kit contents

1 x Geekvape Aegis Pod Device 800mAh

1 x Pod Cartridge 3.5ml

1 x USB Cable

1 x User Manual

1 x Warranty Card

aegis-pod-specifications_1024x1024@2x.jpg

20200328_091346.jpg

COMPACT ELEGANT TOUGH

20200328_091501 (1).jpg

TYPE C CHARGING

20200328_091651.jpg

JUICE FILL PORT AND COIL PORT

20200328_092022.jpg

NEW KANTHAL 0.6Ω MESH G. COIL ( POD - FORMULA )

20200328_092211.jpg

POD AND DEVICE

20200404_152815.jpg

MOUTHPIECE

20200328_091811.jpg

POWER BUTTON AND BATTERY INDICATOR LIGHT

20200329_142513.jpg

THIN SIZE

20200328_091730.jpg

TOOTHPICK FOR SIZE SCALE

20200329_153953.jpg

MY OPINION OF THE AEGIS POD AFTER USING

Alright all the information about the device is up above and now I'll give you my opinion on the
    Pod after using it for a couple of weeks. First I want to thank Geekvape for finally listening to us and making the Pod a lot less tinted so now viewing juice capacity is easily done. I also am pleased with this being type-c charging that is located at the bottom of the device, this keeps a clean appearance to the device and since it's so thin standing the device upright can be done but it is easily knocked over so I'm happy with it's location.

Getting back to the
    Pod , it's capacity is a nice 3.5 ml that really last quite a while before needing to be refilled which is easily done by pushing up on the top portion of the Pod and lifting out. Filling is done by pulling a rubber plug out located at the bottom of the Pod. The fill port hole is plenty big and fills quickly and mess free, then simply plug the fill port and click the Pod back on the device. In the couple of weeks that I've been using this device I've had 0 leaks, not even so much as a drop of juice.

The battery for the Aegis
    Pod is 800 mAH and uses a fixed wattage output that automatically sets the power output throughout the cycle of the battery, so there is not a menu system for this device. Airflow is also fixed so no adjustment can be made even though there is no airflow adjustment I found it very comfortable using MTL or as DL. In MTL you wont feel any resistance but for me it worked very well. For you folks that like a lot of air this device is not for you as in using it in DL it's fairly restricted, as a both MTL and DL vaper I'm very pleased using it either way.

Battery life on this device is managed very well and I have been able to get a full pod plus 1/4 before needing to recharge the device, not quite a full day but close. The device uses a series of colored lights on the power button to show battery life, 70-100% is green, 31-69% blue and 0-30% red.

Geekvape is using a new coil in this device called the G.Coil that assures future - proof cross compatibility with upcoming products ( 5W-20W ) from Geekvape. Flavor from these coils is average. The size of these coils surprised me because they are very tiny in diameter. This device would work very well for Nic-Salts and vapor production is good.

PROS
    * APPEARANCE
    * SIZE
    * POCKETABLE
    * SEE THROUGH POD
    * AVERAGE FLAVOR

CONS
    * NO AIRFLOW ADJUSTMENT
    * NO WATTAGE OR VOLTAGE ADJUSTMENT

FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright folks my final thoughts on the Aegis
    Pod , for what it's intended to be used for it works well really well using salts. This device is very attractive and just disappears in a pocket. Despite having no adjustment for airflow it works for me in either MTL or DL very nicely. I like a warm vape and this is more a cooler type but again for what it's intended for it works for me and I'm happy with it and will continue to use it.

I would like to thank Clay and Geekvape for providing the Aegis
    Pod for review. I also hope that this review helped anyone looking to purchase the Aegis Pod. You can follow Geekvape on Facebook GeekVape

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Very good review as usual. I really like your pictures with the faded background. I have had one for a couple weeks and will most likely post a review this coming weekend. I work for an essential business so I'm still working full time during the week.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Very good review as usual. I really like your pictures with the faded background. I have had one for a couple weeks and will most likely post a review this coming weekend. I work for an essential business so I'm still working full time during the week.
    I will be looking for it when you post.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Got mine, shot the delivery guy with a gun (temp. pistol one) his temp. was OK. Haven't had to use my other gun :thumb:

The pod is smaller than I thought. And looks different than the original concept (the one printed on the box), I like it better actually.
    Will test :smokie:
    It has a better look than the original concept as the box shows. I was distracted when I started my review and included the box image in the review and thanks to another reviewer who caught it and brought it to my attention I deleted the original pic which was an alright looking device but the finished device is better looking.

• Agree
    Reactions: dreamvaper

AlexEdler

Moved On
    Jul 13, 2019
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Spammer

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    GREAT Review...bigbob...as per usual...

"a fixed wattage output that automatically sets the power output throughout the cycle of the battery"...is that the same as constant voltage (as used by the Minifit)...(versus direct voltage as used by most other Pods)???

The unit has a USB Type-C charging Port...does the other end of the charging cord have a normal/regular USB that I can plug into my Anker USB Charging Hub???

Reactions: bigbob2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    GREAT Review...bigbob...as per usual...

"a fixed wattage output that automatically sets the power output throughout the cycle of the battery"...is that the same as constant voltage (as used by the Minifit)...(versus direct voltage as used by most other Pods)???

The unit has a USB Type-C charging Port...does the other end of the charging cord have a normal/regular USB that I can plug into my Anker USB Charging Hub???

The fixed wattage drops down as the battery becomes depleted to pre-set wattage levels for each battery level reading. The type-c charging cord provided has a regular USB plug .

20200415_141034.jpg

• Informative
    Reactions: gerrymi
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread