Smallest tactile button that can handle an 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this is not the answer that you want, but there basically is not a good choice. There seems to be nothing less than about 2-3 cm deep available. On the bright side, after a lot of reasearch and about a day of practice I was able to put together something nice with an irl3103 mosfet. Google that and "vape" and you'll find some good info. I had never done anything with electronics before, and this was really easy and helped to build my confidence. I have now made a couple of nice e-pipes using that mosfet chip.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I don't know of any tactile switch that will handle that much current. You may look into mini and sub mini switches. Good luck.

Thats pretty much what I am thinking. I want to have a button similar to the GG mods, but theirs is on the bottom end of the mod, I want mine on the top end. I am assuming (I have never handled one, only seen the GGs online) that they are allowing the button to complete the ground, where as the positive is hard wired. I am wanting to make my button complete the positive circuit, so I am trying to think of every option to make it work without the chance of a short or an arc. Any ideas you have on that would be a great help as well!

Last edited:

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Something like this, maybe? :)
mechanical button.jpg

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
Hey JohnnnyDill!! I saw that in another thread about mechanical switches. That is basically what I want but my concern is a short or an arc if the positive is too close even when not pressed. Is there any reason for concern there? I was hoping to find a sealed button that I could wire inside and just make a button on the outside that would press the sealed button. I'm thinking that might not be an option now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread