Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
My bride wants a smallish mod with a DNA40, so off we go. More images as we progress. I am stuck waiting on the chip. The two lipos will give 2400mah at 25c, so it should be a nice box when done. The only thing accomplished thus far is the brazing of the aluminum, fitting of the wood skins, test fit of the lipos and installation of the 510. I have not put in buttons yet as I may use the onboard ones.

Reactions: Davantrac

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I will epoxy in the bottom one and the top will be held by small magnets. Given that it is lipo, once assembled it should never be opened again, ha ha ha.

I did have time to join the two lipos this weekend and to solder in some fuses, so progress. Still at a standstill waiting for chips form Evolv.

I am toying with the idea of not using a wood skin on the top, and using some blacked out lexan with the screen showing through (using spray on black out that lets light through).

Last edited:

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
How will you attach the small magnets to the alu frame then?

I have three options in my head, but I may make a wrong turn at the end.
-epoxy the raw magnet to the aluminum...no fuss simple
-add four or six magnet posts that not only hold the magnets, but give rigidity to the top so you can depress it.
-braze in a magnet supporting rail (very small angled aluminum section that also makes a ledge to hold the top skin).

Right now I am leaning towards the small magnet supporting rail and have the angled aluminum to give it a shot. I am holding off on that until I get the chip mount location sorted as I don't want to end up with not enough space. The chip will likely lay across the top of the two lipos, with the screen going down along side them to a cutout on the side, but I am waiting for the real chip to decide as I am only working with a dead one as a test and the large screen DNA40 that is coming may be a bit different.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread