Smoant Cylon 218W

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    I've got this beauty on the way from 3FVape. It has a centered 510 pin and can fit 30mm attys without any overhang.

Cylon.JPG

Walee

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2017
    Caught a couple of reviews on this one. I'm interested but there are two concerns. 1 the battery door. It just bugs me when batteries fall out from a loose fitting door. 2. Will it do temp control, well? Neither reviewer was a real fan of TC and glossed over the issue by reading the specs. The size and configuration looks like my cup of tea. Appears to have a decent 510 (not press fit). The apparent "evil" face hits me as childish but that seems to be an aesthetic that every mod needs, lol. At least it isn't some psycho clown or dead thing painted in it. Please post your opinions after receiving them!

lupinehorror

bròn
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    Caught a couple of reviews on this one. I'm interested but there are two concerns. 1 the battery door. It just bugs me when batteries fall out from a loose fitting door. 2. Will it do temp control, well? Neither reviewer was a real fan of TC and glossed over the issue by reading the specs. The size and configuration looks like my cup of tea. Appears to have a decent 510 (not press fit). The apparent "evil" face hits me as childish but that seems to be an aesthetic that every mod needs, lol. At least it isn't some psycho clown or dead thing painted in it. Please post your opinions after receiving them!
    Vic does temp control with it in his review...

i do fancy getting one

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I've got both the black and the 'tarnish'. Got the black first and liked it so much, I had to order the other. LOL.

The battery door seem fine on both of mine. I don't see it coming open unless I were to slam it down, possibly drop it or the like.

DJlsb mentions his fire button works anywhere you press it, but with both of mine, you have to press it towards the middle/top for it to fire. I wouldn't even have noticed this though if he hadn't mentioned it. It sits very comfortably in my hand and my thumb naturally hits it where it fires. I would have to try to press it at the bottom where it doesn't fire.

Only had mine a few days, but I love them both. Personally, I think the 'tarnish' looks better than the black. Looks really classy with the gunmetal/brown leather look.

I've only used them in wattage mode, but they hit fast and hard. Also have the Battlestar, a few Charon TCs, and a silver Gaia. So far, I like my Cylons better than any of the others. I honestly can't tell from my vaping style if one functions significantly better than the others. But the Cylon does NOT disappoint and looks very elegant in my opinion.

Walee

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2017
    Bonding with mine more every day. Fire button on mine works wherever I press it. Battery door is staying shut. Gettin a little "shine" in a couple of spots on the bottom of the "tarnish" finish but it is obvious it is not a paint that will peal. Edges of the "leather" is darkening up nicely with age. Bounced it around in a cup holder and the console tray. In and out of pockets. I'm a thinkin it's a winner. Oh and there's something I just dig about the little ant head in the logo. Pretty sharp mod.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Loving mine as well but having one issue. I love the speedometer display but the writing is too small to see. The battery % specifically so I think I’ll have to switch back to the other display. Love the shape and feel though it screams quality.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 6, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Loving mine as well but having one issue. I love the speedometer display but the writing is too small to see. The battery % specifically so I think I’ll have to switch back to the other display. Love the shape and feel though it screams quality.

Yeah, the battery % is almost impossible to read on the speedo display. But since I love that display so much, I've resorted to using the battery bars as my guide. I usually change the batteries when it hits 2 bars (40-49%).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread