The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SMOANT LADON AIO KIT review by hittman

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette APV Reviews' started by hittman, May 14, 2021.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Back in black. Well, not really but the mod I’ll be covering today is black as well as the tank. I was sent the Smoant Ladon AIO kit in what is called Full Black for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review by Sourcemore. To be honest, I had never even heard of the Ladon and think I might have one Smoant mod in my fairly large vaping gear collection. I thought it would be fun for a change to review a kit that wasn’t necessarily in the spotlight or at least not that I am aware of it being popular. So without further ado, here is the Smoant Ladon AIO kit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PARAMETERS:

Ladon AIO Tank

Material

SS304 + Quartz glass

Size

28 x 58.4mm

Drip tip

810 drip tip

E-juice Capacity

4.0 / 6.0ml

Coil cotton

100% tea tree fiber

Coil resistance

0.16ohm mesh coil (65-80W); 0.15ohm dual mesh coil(70-80W)

Ladon 225W Box Mod

Material

Zinc alloy + SUS304 + PMMA

Size

46.9 x 91.5mm

Battery Capacity

Dual 18650(not included)

Output range

1-225W

Conversion rate

95%

Voltage range

6.0-8.4V

TC mode

Ni, Ti, SS316, TCR

Charging

Type-C USB port, 5V/2A

Temperature range

100-300°C; 200-600°F

Protections

Over-current/ over-heat/ reverse/over-time/ low voltage protection

Color

Full Black, SS, Black Red, Rainbow

FEATURES:

1. 4ml / 6ml large AIO tank

2. Support both 2in1 RBA coil and regular subohm coils

3. Utilize tea tree fiber

4. Share modern mesh style design

5. Driven by AI smart ANT-chip and Buck-boost chip

6. Powered by dual 18650 batteries with 225W max output

7. Provide balanced charging safety

8. Equipped with minimalism interface to display vaping details

9. Come with multiple protections: Over current protection, Over-heating protection, Reverse Protection, Over-time protection, Low voltage protection

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The Ladon mod very much reminds me of another mod that I have used or reviewed in the past due to its shape and feel in the hand. It puts me in mind of the Aspire Speeder mod. The Ladon is made from zinc alloy, SUS 304, and PMMA which after doing a little research I have found out is a type of acrylic that is sometimes used on aquariums and cell phone screens. It’s hard to stay on top of all the abbreviations for the different materials used to make different mods. I find the Ladon comfortable to hold and fire whether I use my thumb or pointer finger. The literature shows leather on the back of the unit but mine looks more like carbon fiber but may be leather. I was able to dig a fingernail into it and it is somewhat soft.

One of the bragging points of this mod is that it is simplistic. Smoant says that only the necessary information is shown on the screen which may be ok with some and not with others but I personally am alright with the information displayed. On the front is the mode and battery level at the top. It only shows one battery indicator even though the unit uses two 18650 batteries. Below that the display shows the set wattage, voltage, coil resistance, puffs, and for some reason in larger font shows the length of time of the current puff while the fire button is pressed.

The operation of the mod is as follows:

- Press the fire button five times to turn the device on and off

- Press the fire button three times to enter the menu in order to change modes using the + and – buttons

- Press the fire button along with the + and – buttons to reset the puff counter

The modes available on the menu are VW, DVW(curve), Bypass, Ni, Ti, SS, and TCR. I personally have never use Bypass on a regulated mod like this and wonder why they even include it. Do some people actually use Bypass mode?

Now let’s take a look at the Ladon AIO tank that is included in the kit. First I’d like to say that they call it an AIO tank because it can use an rba. However, in my opinion, if you’re going to call it an AIO kit then the rba should be included. It is not. The kit includes two coils for the tank which are a dual mesh coil at .15 ohms and a mesh .16 coil. I found both coils to provide good flavor and the .15 dual mesh coil was noticeably better than the single .16 coil. I did end up liking both coils with the mod set at 62 watts and airflow about half open. I thought the vapor was very dense and smooth with the .15 coil and a little less dense and not quite as flavorful with the .16 coil.

The tank came with a nice multicolored drip tip that I like. At first I didn’t figure out how to open the top cap on the tank but it’s a little different from other tanks I’ve tried. There is actually a pushbutton on the side of the tank that when pushed very quickly lets the top swing open to expose the single fill port. If there is liquid on the underside of the top cap it swings out hard enough being spring loaded that it can actually fling a little liquid. I do like this design but when I was trying to screw or unscrew the tank base I would sometimes accidentally hit the button which can cause a mess if it opens while upside down with liquid inside. The tank came with a 6ml capacity bubble glass installed as well as a 4ml capacity straight glass.

upload_2021-5-13_20-16-12.png
    upload_2021-5-13_20-16-37.png
    upload_2021-5-13_20-17-9.png
    upload_2021-5-13_20-17-31.png
    upload_2021-5-13_20-17-55.png
    upload_2021-5-13_20-18-19.png
    upload_2021-5-13_20-18-40.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Overall, I really enjoyed testing the Smoant Ladon AIO kit. I felt like the mod seems to be well built and I liked the hand feel of it. The display was bright enough for me and the screen information provided everything I am looking for besides maybe separate battery indicators for the two batteries. I honestly hadn’t heard of the Ladon before receiving it for review but it was nice to test a device that was a little less mainstream than most devices I get to test. There were no real presumptions or expectations before testing it which can sometimes affect the opinion formed on a device.

The tank gave very good flavor and vapor production with the included .15 dual coil and noticeably a little less flavor and vapor density with the single coil included. Both were good but the dual coil was better and if I was going to stock coils for the tank then I would buy the .15 coils for what I like. I thought the pushbutton opening of the tank was nice and inventive. I liked not having to look for a mark on the tank to let me know where to push or lift to open the tank for filling. It does have only one fill port but I had no issues with filling the tank. I still feel like calling the kit an AIO that the rba should have been included but it was not.

Would I recommend the Ladon AIO kit? Well, for a kit in my experience that is not well known, I felt like it performed well and one could do a lot worse for the price so yes I would recommend it if you want a decent mod with a flavorful tank and don’t mind buying stock coils or you could purchase the rba separately. Thanks goes out to Lilia and Sourcemore for sending the Ladon AIO kit for review and a big thanks to you the readers. You know who you are. I don’t always since not that many people comment but trust me in saying that I greatly appreciate you taking the time to read my reviews.

Below is a link and a coupon code for the Ladon kit if you’d like to try one for yourself.

Smoant Ladon Kit 4/6ml 225W AIO 2in1 box mod kit (sourcemore.com)

COUPON CODE FOR LADON @$41.93= LADON

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Nice review, hitt :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. hittman

Supporting member
  4. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Nice job, Hitt. TY for pointing out that there’s only one battery indicator for a dual battery. The tank opening sounds innovative, and much easier to use. Bonus points for that discount code!!!

• Like Like x 4
  5. hittman

Supporting member
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review Hitt.