Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If it is true I rather doubt it’s by a whole lot. Some mods do seem to be more efficient than others. It’s hard to be sure though because you’ve got to have the exact same atty on a mod to even measure it. There are mods known for unusually goodbattery life but they don’t seem to have the ruggedness the smoant are known for. I suspect rugged and efficient are not available in the same mod. Myself I’ve got an ageis and a legend. Clearly I chose rugged.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks for replying.

I am sure there are many factors that would determine battery life.

I am perhaps over-concerned because I am replacing a capo 100 that doesn't have enough battery life.

I was just curious if it was significant.
Well hmm. The best I can give you is a for instance: Of the two mods I mentioned, the first is a single 26650 which in general are about the same size as 21700s. Using that device I go through maybe 3 batteries a day vaping at 30w. The legend is a dual 18650 and it will generally last me all day at the same wattage without battery replacement. Assuming you were going through a similar number with the capo the smoant should be a significant improvement.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I've read it, haven't noticed it. I doubt if those complaining actually measured with the same batteries. I also read the Battlestar kills batteries sitting idle, if that's true it must've been sitting a long time. Kill batteries sitting idle over a long period? Yes, as far as I know all do that.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
It sounds like it will get me through the day without needing to be charged and that is all I really want.

I don't think sitting idle is going to be a problem with me. I plan on using it all day.

I think both will make it a day. With TC I generally get 2 days out of 2 battery mods.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My experience with mods and battery efficiency has varied widely. For instance, 95% of the time I vape at 30 watts. I use a rotation of seven Samsung 1865030Q 3000mAh 15A batteries. Same tank; same coil resistance.

• I get just over one full day's use with three batteries in my Wismec Reuleaux RX200.
  • One full day's use with two batteries in a Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus.
  • One full day's use with one single battery in a JAC Vapour Series B DNA75W.
  • Nearly 2 day's use with two batteries in a Geekvape Aegis Legend.
I attribute the wide difference in battery usage to the efficiency/inefficiency of the regulating chip. What else could it be?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I thought I recalled folks claiming the Battlestar had a somewhat higher cell voltage cutoff? Not sure if that's true or not. If so, if would contribute to the perception of poor battery life. It's been a while since I've used my Battlestar, but never thought it had issues.

I only used my Cylon for a few months, but thought the battery life in it was pretty darn good.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
As far as I know and without any testing data most modern mods are between 90% and 95% efficient. The idle power consumption shouldn't account for more than a few hundred milliamps but I doubt that information is ever published on manufacturers spec sheets.
The main factors deciding battery life are the age and quality of the batteries and how hard you push them.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I haven't noticed my Cylon being a battery hog at all, but I use puny wattages and have a lot of setups going. Efficiency of the chip probably matters, but also all the bells and whistles may play a role, I mean, but some of those factors can be turned off/shortened and etc. But really, if I had to point to a battery hog it would be my revenger. It's kind of hard to determine, but I have not once picked up my Cylon to vape it and gone "WTH" at batteries being discharged overly fast. It seems to get pretty decent battery life overall.

Depending on the age and capacity and vaping style you use, all that may also be different depending on those factors. I use the Cylon pretty frequently.

Anna

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
The Battlestar is a great mod. I do think it has a higher voltage cut off than some mods, not 100% sure. It's been a while since I've used mine. It's a durable workhorse of a mod though. Nice size for a dual battery mod, fast and powerful.

Smoant has great QC as well. Very rare to hear of true issues with their mods. You guys both should be happy with them.

Congrats on the additions to the family. :)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I think it was my Battlestar that I was trying to kill the batteries on because I left the house with a couple bars and it just kept going and going. I do know it and at least one other mod that look dead by the bars so I change while convenient end up jumping up to 2 bars on the charger quickly.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The Battlestar doesnt drain batteries faster, the issue was the cutoff voltage. They cutoff at 3.5 when many other mods cutoff at 3.3-3.2. I don’t know if they changed that on the Battlestars they are putting out now, mines a year and a half old. With the Charon TS they have changed it to 3:3-3.2 and the Cylon and I assume the ranked as well. I never minded because it was easier on the batteries and I don’t vape at high wattage. Anyway the Battlestar is a solid mod, I love mine although I have it as a backup to my Cylon now because I like it better. Best of luck and you made a good choice

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm going to guess it's your wattage and not anything else because if I have one complaint about my cylon it's that it's a battery vampire. LOL. I will admit I have done nothing to remedy the White Giant Clock that like, stays there telling the time for like 5 minutes, emitting the lumens of a million suns! Because I use it to scare ghosts away. But, unless you've done something to your settings to remedy that matter, I'm still guessing: Wattage.

Anna

Reactions: Mikedin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread