Smoant Naboo kit review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shone

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I received Smoant NaBoo kit from sourcemore.com for the purpose of this review.

Smoant naboo kit comes in few different colors:

- Green
- Black
- Pink
- Rainbow
- Red
- Stainless steel
- Blue

7GWxT5h.jpg

Specifications and features of naboo mesh tank:

- Size: 25mm (diameter) X 52mm (Height)
- Wide bore drip tip size: 16mm(diameter) X 9mm (Height)
- Materials: SS304+ Quartz Glass+ Resin drip tip + 100% Japanese OCC
- Available coils: Mesh 0.18ohm(40-80W) & Mesh 0.17ohm(60-100W)
- Capacity: Pre-install 4ml / Extra Replacement 2ml
- Easy to Clean, all components can be disassembled
- Adjustable Airflow Control system
- Be compatible with smok TFV12 prince coils.
- Color: Black, red, ss, rainbow, gradient blue, green and pink available

Specifications and features of naboo mod:

- Compact size: 48mm(L) X 31mm(W) X91mm(H)
- Takes 2X 18650 battery
- Display: 2.4 inch TFT color screen
- Touch Button
- Lock/Unlock function
- Center 510 connector
- Three different UI modes (Dial mode/ Classic mode/ Music mode) available to choose
- Output range: 1 – 225 W
- Output modes: VW (Min, Normal, Max)/ VW Curves / Temp (Ni, Ti, SS) / TCR / TC Curves
- Resistance range: 0.1 – 2.0 Ohm for TC mode / TCR mode / TC Curves
0.1-3.0 Ohm for VW / VW Curves
- Balance charging
- Firmware upgradeable (pls download it at http://smoant.com/firmware/Naboo-update.rar)
- Reverse protection/ Over-heating protection/ Low voltage protection/ Overload/Short-circuit protection/ Over-time protection
- Color: Black, red, ss, rainbow, gradian blue, green and pink available

In the box:

- Naboo mod
- Naboo tank
- Usb cable
- Spare o rings
- Coil
- Regular glass tank
- User manual, warranty card, warning card

1APWF0g.jpg

So, let's start with the tank, naboo mesh sub-ohm tank is 25mm in diameter and height of this tank is 52mm. Naboo mesh tank is made out of stainless steel and I can say that build quality is really good, above average for sure, this is good quality sub ohm tank. On the top cap you can see some details that helps with unscrewing the top cap in order to fill the tank, also on the airflow control ring you can see some details that helps with airflow adjustment. From the bottom of the tank you can see engraved "SMOANT" and you can see engraved "NaBoo sub-ohm tank".

sq8b7Em.jpg

Naboo sub-ohm tank comes with one drip tip, you can't use here 810 or 510 drip tips, drip tip that comes pre installed has one o ring on it and this drip tip is like smok's drip tips, so you can use drip tips from smok atomizers. This one is very comfortable for using and I don't have to use any other drip tip here, personally I like how drip tips looks and I like the details on the drip tip. Diameter of the drip tip is 16mm, height of the drip tip is 9mm.
This is top fill tank, threads on the top cap are good and you will have no problem with the top cap, also the details on the top cap helps when you want to unscrew the top cap and fill the tank. Details on the top cap are very nice machined and engravings are not sharp. When you unscrew the top cap you can see two big slots for e liquid so it is not hard to fill the tank at all.

1IneXCl.jpg

FiNC4VJ.jpg

When you receive the atomizer it will come with pre installed bubble tank, bubble glass tank has 4ml capacity, which is pretty much good in my opinion. Also in the package you will receive regular glass tank, capacity of the regular glass tank is 2ml of e liquid, so in case that you like regular glass tank you can use this one, personally I like to use bubble glass tank. It looks better in my opinion and of course it has more capacity which I prefer.

Naboo sub-ohm tank comes with one pre installed coil and one coil will be in the package. Coil that comes pre installed has 0.18ohm resistance, this is the mesh coil, recommended power for this coil is 40-80w. Coil that comes in the package has 0.17ohm resistance, recommended power for this coil is 60-100w, this is the mesh coil also. Considering that threads are very good you will have no problem with changing the coil. On the coil you can see 4 very big wicking slots. Big plus here is that you can use smok tfv12 coils.
On the base you can see two airflow slots and airflow slots are big, you can adjust your airflow without any problems, the airflow control ring has very good tension on it and engravings on the airflow ring helps with airflow adjustment. What you adjust on one side it will be the same on the another side.

bX6lO8X.jpg

Kz2yxA0.jpg

65Rgjfy.jpg

Using the naboo mesh tank:

First of all, I would like to say again that build quality is really good for one sub-ohm tank, simply I can't find anything bad about quality.
Top fill system works just fine, there is no any leaking when you will the tank, at least never happend to me. Capacity of the tank with bubble glass is perfect for me and I will never use the regular glass tank, I like the bubble one.
Mesh coils works good as I expected. Right now I am using coil with 0.18ohm resistance, vapor production is good and flavor is good as I expected it to be with mesh coil, mesh coils works better in sub-ohm tanks than regular coils, flavor is better in my opinion, but there is break in period, it needs 2ml of e liquid and after that coil will work just great. I would like to say, before you fill the tank you need to prime the coil to prevent any dry hits and after that you can fill the tank and everything will be ready. Wicking is great with my e liquids, I use 70-30 vg pg and I didn't have any problems with leaking or wicking, when I chain vape the tank still works great. Basically this is one very solid sub-ohm tank and I like to use it.

Cons:

- You can't use your 810 drip tips
- Break in period (but after that coil work better than most mesh coils)

Pros:

- Very nice and comfortable drip tip
- Build quality is very good
- Top fill system works very good without leaking
- Details on the top cap and on the airflow ring are machined good
- Mesh coils gives very good flavor
- It is compatible with smok tfv12 coils
- Airflow is not loud and it is very smooth
- 2 coils in the box

Smoant naboo mod is very nice looking mod in my opinion. Mod is powered by dual 18650 batteries, max output power is 225w. Size of the mod: 48mm x 31mm x 91mm. You can buy this mod in 7 different colors which is very nice. I like the design, mod has nice rounded edges and because of that mod is very comfortable for using, it feels nice in the hand. Build quality is good and you can feel the quality by holding the mod. Color quality is good so far, there is no any scratches on the mod and I use this mod every single day.

From the top of the mod you can see stainless steel connection that has very nice details, threads are good here, 510 pin is gold plated and spring loaded. Connection is just a little bit raised and I like it because that way there will be no any scratches from the atomizer on the top of the mod, very big pro for me.
From the bottom of the mod you can see ventilation holes and also from the bottom of the mod you can see a little notch where you need to place your fingernail in order to open the battery door and place the batteries inside. The battery door has very nice details and on the battery door you can also see engraved "NaBoo". On the mod there are 3 magnets, on the top of the mod you can see two smaller magnets and on the bottom side of the mod you can see one bigger magnet. Magnets are very strong and there is no chance that battery door can fall, but there is a little bit play going on here with battery door, you can move the battery door with your fingers a little bit but still when you shake the mod or when you are vape battery cover stays very nice in the place, this can be a little con to someone. Battery slots looks nice and clean and you can see that we have here battery orientation marked with white color which is a big plus.
On the one side of the mod you can see the usb port for charging and for software upgrade. You can charge your batteries in this mod, mod supports balanced charging but still I suggest you to charge your batteries always in the external charger.
From the other side of the mod you can see the fire button and just under the fire button you can see the lcok button. The fire button is placed at very nice position and you can use it with your index finger or with your thumb without any problems, but you can only press the top half of the fire button. The fire button is very clicky, there is no miss fires or any other problems with fire button, very good fire button for sure. The button under the fire button you will use to lock the mod and to lock the touch buttons.
On the front side of the mod you can see engraved "smoant", very big screen and you can see touch buttons. I really like the big screen on this mod, tft 2.5inch screen, this is color screen and it looks very nice in my opinion, also I like the touch bottons.
Screen is very bright and you can see everything nice and clear on the screen which is very good, so if you like to use mods with big and beautiful color screen with this one you will not make a mistake, very nice color screen.

YAEqY1L.jpg

59TEpFq.jpg

sVj9Qaz.jpg

Using the smoant naboo mod:

To turn on the mod you need to click 5 times on the fire button, you need to do the same to turn off the mod. To enter the menu you need to click 3 times on the fire button and to scroll through the menu you need to use touch buttons, when you want to enter any sub menu you will use the fire button. So, when you enter the menu you will see:

- Vw mode
- Tc mode
- Setting
- Wallpaper

If you choose vw mode you can here change the pre heat, you can choose between min, normal and max pre heat, also here we have vw curve that you can set.
If you choose tc mode you can see nickel, titanium, stainless steel, tcr and here we have tc curve as well.

Next that you can see in the menu is setting and here you can change a lot of things. You can change the brightness of the screen and as I said when the brightness of the screen is on max screen is very bright and you can see everything very good on the screen. After that we have the clock, so if you like to have the clock on your mod this will be a big plus for you.
Next option is display and this one is my favorite option, here you can choose between 3 different UI. So here we have:

- Dial mode
- Classic mode
- Music mode

If you choose dial mode on the screen you will see speedometer and every time when you press the fire button to vape on the screen you will see how arrow goes up to the selected wattage which looks interesting. Also on the middle of the screen you will see wattage, under that you will see selected mode, puff timer and pre heat. Also on the screen you can see the clock, resistance of the coil, voltage and battery indicator. Very nice and interesting UI, personally I like the most this one.

If you choose the classic mode on the screen you can see the wallpaper that you can change, on the top of the screen you can see the clock and dual battery indicator. On the bottom of the screen in vw mode you can see wattage, preheat, coil resistance and voltage.

In the music mode on the top of the screen you can see dual battery indicator, the clock, on the middle of the screen you can see wattage, selected mode and you can see music effects. On the bottom of the screen you can see coil resistance and voltage. In music mode touch buttons will glow every time when mod hears some sounds.

Next we have screen saver, here we can choose between the clock and wallpaper that you can change. Here I also like that you can upload any picture and use it as wallpaper, you can upload picture from your computer and use it as wallpaper or screensaver, i like this feature for sure.

Next option is timeout and you can set it between 10-240s, after that we have factory reset and last one here is touch buttons vibration, yes there is vibration when you press the touch buttons if you want it.

Last option in the menu is wallpaper where you can pick the picture that you want for wallpaper, as I said you can upload your own picture, but when you receive the mod you can choose between 9 pictures for wallpaper.

9iyGsSv.jpg

Adjusting the power with touch buttons works very good, so far i didn't have any problems with touch buttons, buttons works just fine, with one touch on the button wattage will go up or down in 0.1w increments and if you hold the button it will go up or down faster, actually very fast which is good. Chip is very solid, it has very fast ramp up time. Also there is no any problems with the mod so far, it works just great. As you saw this mod has so many options, someone will like that someone will not, I personally like this and all of this is very big plus for me. I would recommend this mod to people that like mods with many options and mods with big screen because with this screen you will make no mistake, with all of that we have very good chip and good build quality.

Cons:

- Battery door has a little bit play

Pros:

- Build quality
- Raised ss connection will prevent scratches on the mod
- Very good screen, it is bright and big
- Wallpaper that you can change
- Good chip
- Touch buttons with vibration
- Many options
- 3 different UI
- Clock
- Balanced charging

Big thanks to sourcemore
You can buy this kit here: Smoant naboo kit

kTkyNlA.jpg

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
This is my goto mod! Mine is in rainbow and just beautiful!

I've had this one for about 2.5 months and zero coil change from the .18 ohm. Flavor like you said is about a 2 ml break in and after that it's great. Flavor on point still. However, this week I put the Faris atty on top and she rocks it!

The mod fires great and I use the clock timeout screen paired with the dial screen. I have the screen turned down and the timeout set rather short. Battery longevity is decent running but could be a touch better. No complaints just a little shorter than others.

Cons I've found, she will scratch but barely. I dropped mine while sitting in the recliner and hit a wood floor. Barely a hairline scratch. But with wear, I have zero scratches. Another con. ...the fire button has a little play but not bad. This just started up and I can barely notice it, but it's there.

Battery door on mine has zero play. Tank is awesome. Mod is awesome.

Just need not let it hit the floor again and I've got to watch the firing button.

Great review as I cannot just let mine sit. I will purchase another in the near future. I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread