Smok 220W Alien Kit - Optimal settings for best cloud and flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
The smok alien kit only comes with factory coils included, no wicking needed.

You may not like the same power someone else likes for that coil head. Best thing to do IMO is to start at 30W or so and just go up in 2-3W increments until you're comfortable and satisfied. Should be good up until 65W+, not that you'll necessarily want to vape it that high. I usually set those around 50-55W, but really that means very little as to what you might actually enjoy best.

Migzz

Apr 24, 2017
The alien kit only comes with factory coils included, no wicking needed.

You may not like the same power someone else likes for that coil head. Best thing to do IMO is to start at 30W or so and just go up in 2-3W increments until you're comfortable and satisfied. Should be good up until 65W+, not that you'll necessarily want to vape it that high. I usually set those around 50-55W, but really that means very little as to what you might actually enjoy best.
Apologies... Im still new to this. I thought all these coils had some sort of cotton/wick that needed to be... Wait! "Primed" thats what i meant... I know when i first start i was so amped to try it i did read and never primed my coils. This gave me a really nasty burn taste at 1st.. It did get way better after a while

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Apologies... Im still new to this. I thought all these coils had some sort of cotton/wick that needed to be... Wait! "Primed" thats what i meant... I know when i first start i was so amped to try it i did read and never primed my coils. This gave me a really nasty burn taste at 1st.. It did get way better after a while

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Ah, nothing like the taste of toasty cotton. We all make simple mistakes like that. If that's the same coil, it's likely to have a less than great experience vape after a little charring, so if it were me I'd place a new coil, prime it well, slowly up the wattage and stop when you like the vape you're getting. That's your sweet spot and it's different for everybody. Also, don't rely on the "recommended" and "best" values they put on those coils. They're rarely correct.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Eskie is right, the recommended values are rarely correct. I hear lots of people say, the cleito needs to be vaped at least 50 watts but I actually find it an okay vape at 30 watts so don't follow the guidelines given just vape as he said at your sweet spot cos' it is definitely different for everyone.
As for best settings for cloud and flavour the baby beast gives some pretty decent clouds even at low wattage :) also there's the modes soft, normal an hard which will increase vapor production.

Reactions: Eskie

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Newbie here, so howdy y'all :D
I recently got my smok 220W Alien Kit TC as my starter kit. Using the Baby Q2 tank (came pre-installed) I'm having trouble figuring out the best settings for vaping 3mg and 6mg liquids without having that burning sensation with every inhalation. I definitely some help here!!
Welcome and glad you joined. The information below can help with tank problems.
Might like to read:
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum
TFV8 leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread