Smok AL85 check battery?? Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoIGiveMyRealName

Oct 1, 2017
I've been getting the check battery message in my mod, changed the battery a couple of times and it worked for a couple hours each time. Had a pain in the face with it so bought another kit. I dunno why but I much prefer the tank in my original one (the one that says check battery). I put the tank from original one onto new mod and puff the check battery message pops up on my new mod. Maybe it was never the battery could it be the tank?? Has this happened anyone else?

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Welcome to ECF. Hopefully we can get things sorted out for you, but we'll need a little more information:
  1. Is your second kit an AL85 as well? If not, what is it?
  2. What tanks do you have? Do both kits have the same tank? I believe the AL85 comes with the TFV8 Baby, so that might be it.
  3. What coils are you using in each tank? If you're not sure, the coils usually have their resistance and a recommended wattage written directly on them, and we can usually work out what you have from that.
  4. What are your mods' settings? Did you change the settings when you changed the tank?
  5. What battery/batteries are you using? The brand name and a putative CDR (a number followed by "A" for amps) may or may not be on the battery. If not, it will probably have a series of numbers or letters and numbers.
Let us know what you can, and we'll see what we can do.

Reactions: stols001

DoIGiveMyRealName

Oct 1, 2017
Welcome to ECF. Hopefully we can get things sorted out for you, but we'll need a little more information:
  1. Is your second kit an AL85 as well? If not, what is it?
  2. What tanks do you have? Do both kits have the same tank? I believe the AL85 comes with the TFV8 Baby, so that might be it.
  3. What coils are you using in each tank? If you're not sure, the coils usually have their resistance and a recommended wattage written directly on them, and we can usually work out what you have from that.
  4. What are your mods' settings? Did you change the settings when you changed the tank?
  5. What battery/batteries are you using? The brand name and a putative CDR (a number followed by "A" for amps) may or may not be on the battery. If not, it will probably have a series of numbers or letters and numbers.
Let us know what you can, and we'll see what we can do.
Yes both kits are the same. Your right about the tank. I didn't mess around with the setting cz I wouldn't have a clue lol. Although if it was the settings on one mod surely the tank would work on the other??? I use an aspire battery 3.7v.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The aspire battery is known by Mooch to be seriously underpowered compared to on the label. You really need to get some reputable batteries from a recommended vendor. It could be your batteries aren't powerful enough for the wattage you want to run I that tank. If one tank uses more battery/wattage than the other, that could be your issue.

You want to check out here: Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum There's a chart with the most up to date reputable batteries and at the bottom, a list of suppliers. It's good to learn about battery safety and I believe Mooch has a post where he mentions testing the Aspire battery and the results are (safe) but underwhelming....

Best of luck, it's possible it's your tank but if you are running it with large wattage differences, it could be an underpowered battery.... Even if it *is* the tank you want to remedy the battery situation, too, probably.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Yes both kits are the same. Your right about the tank. I didn't mess around with the setting cz I wouldn't have a clue lol. Although if it was the settings on one mod surely the tank would work on the other??? I use an aspire battery 3.7v.
Welcome and glad you joined.
You have an advanced vaper equipment problem that is difficult to answer. There can be a number of different reasons which may manifest your symptoms.
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop-----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
@DoIGiveMyRealName the mod is doing what it is supposed to do, not delivering the wattage you are requesting because the battery you are using is not able to provide that power level. As Stols001 mentioned Aspire batteries are often of poor quality.
If you let me know what wattage you are using, then I can recommend some batteries for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread