Smok Alien 220w Zues Dual RTA Connection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer Shrader

Aug 4, 2018
Hi I just purchased the Zues Dual RTA and am running it on the smok Alien but for some reason I cannot get them to connect... The mod keeps saying no coil I have tried messing with the 510 connection and still nothing. Every other tank/atomizer I try works no problem? Am starting to think I got a faulty RTA because it's brand new out of the box and I haven't been able to get it to work... I even tried connecting it to my Ohms tester and even that's no giving me a reading, but once again every other tank I connect to it gives me readings? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I don't know what else to do and am starting to get frustrated with the whole situation. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20180803_072214.jpg
    20180803_072214.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 20180803_072244.jpg
    20180803_072244.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 20180803_072444.jpg
    20180803_072444.jpg
    905.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
In order to get help you're gonna need to post a picture of your build deck we can't really do much just by seing your mods don't read it.

The only conclusion i can make at this moment is that it's your rta that's faulty but it could very well be your deck
check your connections from your wire first.v

• Agree

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You're not getting an electrical connection between your coils and your battery device.

Check the 510 connector on the base of your RTA. Check to make sure the center pin within the 510 is at least the same length as the outer 510 connector. If it is shorter, it won't be able to make electrical contact with your mod's 510 center pin. Many RBA's allow you to adjust the length of the center pin.

HG3123-3.jpg

• Useful

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If it's reading on everything else, I'd be likely to suspect the alien. I would check to make sure the connection there is not artificially depressed maybe by a bit of eliquid. It could certainly be your atomizer pin as well and some toppers just don't play well with particular mods depending on the connection and if it's "long enough" for that mod in particular to read. You could try a heat sink (they are cheap at Fasttech and can be obtained still rather cheaply elsewhere) to see if you can get the mod and the tank to connect.

Good luck!

Anna

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
My Battlestar won't take my Themis, it's too deep to get enough turns on the threads for me. But I just checked it with a Zeus dual and the pin on the Zeus is really out there. I have to push it down on the Battlestar to get the threads to connect. All tanks don't mesh with all mods.

Since the Zeus pin is so far out I'd back it out to where you barely feel pressure starting. If you get a coil reading like that I'd say the pin on the tank is pushing the pin in the mod too far.

• Useful

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi I just purchased the Zues Dual RTA and am running it on the Smok Alien but for some reason I cannot get them to connect... The mod keeps saying no coil I have tried messing with the 510 connection and still nothing. Every other tank/atomizer I try works no problem? Am starting to think I got a faulty RTA because it's brand new out of the box and I haven't been able to get it to work... I even tried connecting it to my Ohms tester and even that's no giving me a reading, but once again every other tank I connect to it gives me readings? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I don't know what else to do and am starting to get frustrated with the whole situation.
Welcome and glad you joined.
You may have a short in your RTA circuit. Some other causes may mimic this condition.
Best solution, contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

• Useful

Spencer Shrader

Aug 4, 2018
Hi thanks for all the responses in a short period of time. Yes I will post pics of the deck section and the 510 connection right now. No this isn't my first build I have owned quite a few different RTA'S/RDTA'S and I have never had any issues before. I have messed with the pin on the bottom over and over again loosening it and tighting it and still nothing is happening... This might be a stupid question and am sure I already know the answer from Experiance but should I put a build in the Zues Dual before trying to connect it to the mod? All the other tanks I have had would connect or read on my ohms tester without having a build installed but I am wanting to try everything I can with the Zues before coming to a conclusion of it being faulity.

Attachments

• 20180804_215219.jpg
    20180804_215219.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 20180804_215146.jpg
    20180804_215146.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 20180804_215204.jpg
    20180804_215204.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Sometimes a
Hi thanks for all the responses in a short period of time. Yes I will post pics of the deck section and the 510 connection right now. No this isn't my first build I have owned quite a few different RTA'S/RDTA'S and I have never had any issues before. I have messed with the pin on the bottom over and over again loosening it and tighting it and still nothing is happening... This might be a stupid question and am sure I already know the answer from Experiance but should I put a build in the Zues Dual before trying to connect it to the mod? All the other tanks I have had would connect or read on my ohms tester without having a build installed but I am wanting to try everything I can with the Zues before coming to a conclusion of it being faulity.
Did you have a build in the RTA when you tried it on your mod? If not you will get error messages because there is nothing there for the mod to measure, so it will say no atomizer (or another error message).

You can build while on the mod (shut off) if you want, that is personal preference.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
This might be a stupid question and am sure I already know the answer from Experiance but should I put a build in the Zues Dual before trying to connect it to the mod? All the other tanks I have had would connect or read on my ohms tester without having a build installed but I am wanting to try everything I can with the Zues before coming to a conclusion of it being faulity.

On ALL mods if you put an empty build deck on it will read no atomizer. You have no resistance to measure.

If you're getting readings on empty decks installed anywhere those are the ones that are faulty. I think you're just mistaken but for that to happen means you have a short between the positive and negative posts.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread