Smok alien tank on iStick 100w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
If the tank works fine on the alien then it's probably not making a good connection. If the istick has a spring loaded pin, you could take something long and skinny, i use a toothpick but they can break, and push it up and down a few times, might help, sometimes they get stuck or tilted.
Sometimes the pin on a tank can get pushed in a little by a mod and it will work great on that mod but the pin is not long enough for another mod.
Do you have or have you tried another tank on the istick?
Is the istick new?

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, if it worked on the smokalien, it should work on the Istick. Make sure both the tank's pin and the mod's 510 connection are clean and free of eliquid. If pushing down the tank doesn't work, I might consider getting a heat sink to put between the mod and the tank. If your tank's pin is merely too short for your mod, then you can use a heat sink to make a better connection, potentially.

Are you vaping in wattage mode? Is the coil correctly seated? Are the 0-rings all where they need to be? Just some general other things to consider especially if it's a new coil. If you are inadvertently using temperature control with a kanthal coil, that may be your issue.

I think it's probably the connection too, just trying to cover all bases.

Best of luck and welcome to ECF.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
The reason I ask, is because when I put it on, the OHM is all wacked out. It just randomly goes up and down. Something wrong with the pin maybe?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Your problem may be caused by multiple problems within your equipment.
Could contact yourlocal B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread