Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    smok Arcfox IP67 Kit 230W

* Many personal considerations refer to those on the previous Morph 2 kit test, as both kits are equipped with the same chipset and the same tank with the same coils (TFV18).

The Arcfox Mod is Powered by two external 18650 batteries, Arcfox is an IP67 tri-proof box mod, the chipset offers both VW mode and TC mode.

The tank is the well-known TFV18 with two Mesh-Coils supplied which bring out its aromatic qualities.

Enjoy the reading.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 1.jpg

The package shows on the front an image of the new Smok kit, there are the color indications (Bright Black) and the indication in the form of an "IP67" icon.

On the back there are; warnings, anti-counterfeiting hologram and scratch & check.

The packing list and the main features are shown on the sides of the box.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 2.jpg

The kit includes:
    • 1 Arcfox Mod 230W
    • 1 Tank TFV18 (7.5 ml)
    • 1 TFV18 Mesh Coil of 0.33Ω range 80-140W (Best 100-110W)
    • 1 TFV18 Dual Meshed Coil of O.15Ω range 80-140W (Best 100-110W)
    • 1 spare Bubble Glass
    • 1 Type C cable
    • 1 user manual

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 3.jpg

Arcfox Mod 230W Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 88.25x55.6x30mm
    • Weight: 145g
    • Output mode: WW - TC / NI-TI-SS
    • Power range: 5W-230W (VW) / 10W-80W (TC)
    • Standby current: <150uA
    • Input voltage: 6.4V-8.4V.
    • Output Voltage: 0.5V-8.2V.
    • Charging voltage: 5V ± 0.2V.
    • Charging current: 2A Max
    • Coil Range: 0.1Ω-2.5Ω (WW) / 0.05Ω-2Ω (TC)
    • Temperature range: 200 ° F-600 ° F / 100 ° C-315 ° C.
    • Reaction time: 0.001s

TFV18 Tank Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 66.3xØ31.6mm
    • Weight: 93.3g
    • Material: stainless steel
    • Capacity: 7.5ml (Mesh Coil 0.33Ω)
    • Capacity: 6.5ml (Dual meshed Coil from O.15Ω)
    • Recommended power: 80-140W (best 100-110W)
    • Thread: 510

* In countries subject to TPD legislation, Arcfox Kit 230W can be purchased in combination with the Tank TFV-V2 Mini (2ml).

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 4.jpg

Currently the Arcfox kit includes six different color combinations.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 5.jpg

First impressions:
    I received for this Test Arcfox 230W in "Bright Black" color.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 6.jpg

This kit is designed in zinc alloy with IP67 specifications covered in soft black shockproof rubber (same color for the TFV18 tank).
    The form factor of this Mod is quite classic, Arcfox 230W does not weigh too much, the dimensions despite the IP67 specifications are not exaggerated especially in the thickness. TFV18 tank has a rather imposing appearance without however being more bulky than the previous TFV16.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 7.jpg

Compared to the "sporty" Morph 2 kit, Arcfox has a more classic design but gains IP67 specifications by keeping the same chipset, there are some differences in the display and data arrangement.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 8.jpg

The 0.96 "color display screen is arranged laterally, this solution increases the size of the side panels but reduces the thickness of the mod, the" + "and" - "adjustment keys are arranged under the screen.

The other panel is decorated with a beautiful embossed glossy metal plate (Arcfox), this side also features the inscription carved into the rubber "designed by Smok", the USB-C charging socket is in a convenient position and is protected by a rubber cap with IP67 specifications.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 9.jpg

The Fire key in glossy black plastic material matches the metal parts, the key covers the entire front and is really comfortable to operate.

The part used for the handle (metal frame that wraps the leather insert with red stitching) undoubtedly recall the Aegis style.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The upper area of the Arcfox Mod is fixed to the frame with 4 torx screws and the central cup with 510 attachment and spring loaded pin is in turn fixed to the frame by means of three torx screws. The central position allows to house tanks up to 30mm in diameter without protrusion.

The access door to the compartment / batteries with 5 vent holes for the cells is located in the lower part of the Mod, in addition to logos & brands you can see the opening / closing mechanism and the writing "Designed & Manufactured By Smok".

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 11.jpg

Arcfox mod uses dual 18650 batteries for operation.
    The door of the compartment / batteries has a good opening / closing system, appears stable and quite safe in line with previous Smok kits.
    The positive and negative symbols are engraved on the inside of the door / batteries, the same symbols are present on the bottom inside the mod.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 12.jpg

TFV18 Sub-ohm Tank features colossal 7.5ml e-liquid capacity, allows you to vape all day practically without refilling.
    In the upper part of the Tank there is a small button, to refill the liquid just press the button and push by turning the Top-Cap sideways.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 13.jpg

The TFV18 tank is basically made up of five pieces and is very similar to the previous TFV16, however the two AFCs have been modified to improve the cross section of the airflow favoring better regulation from RDL to fully open DL.
    Furthermore TFV18 tank exploits the excellent conductivity of copper through 5 pins placed on the base to transfer power to the coil in a more efficient and homogeneous way for a circular and fast heating.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 14.jpg

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 15.jpg

Various Drip-Tips in multicolored resin are available as spare parts for the TFV18 Tank.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 16.jpg

TFV18 is compatible with the coils of the TFV16, however, for the TFV18, newly developed replaceable Mesh-Coils have been made.
    These are the new Mesh coils present in the Kit:

• Mesh Coil 0.33Ω range 80-140W (Best 100-110W)
    This Single-Mesh coil is very aromatic already starting at 70W (10W below the minimum range). At 70W the heating is immediate thanks to the instant reaction chipset (0.001s) and perhaps also thanks to the new circular current transmission system of the TFV18.
    Vaping at 70W is great so I didn't notice any complications at this power. Following Smok's instructions, I also tried higher power levels, but I didn't insist much at 140W because I think it is useless. Already at 80 / 90W the performances are spectacular, the steam is good, very abundant and hot enough and so I use it.

• Dual meshed Coil of O.15Ω range 80-140W (Best 100-110W)
    The behavior of this Dual-mesh is similar to the previous one, I started at 80W and went up to maximum power (140W) however I use it at 90 or 100W thus finding the best configuration.
    Both of these new bloated coils need a lot of liquid, so you'll need to soak the cotton thoroughly before activating them.
    Compared to the previous TFV16 coils I noticed an improvement in the speed with which they reach the best aromatic yield, no cotton flavor even when new.

I think the TFV18 does not disappoint anyone who appreciates the brand and has been waiting for it. The only recommendation try not to follow the megawattages indicated on the coils by Smok too much, stay a bit lower and you will not regret it. I predict these coils will have a long life, as the previous TFV16 coils have also demonstrated.

TFV18 RBA:
    Smok in collaboration with WOTOFO has decided to create an interesting "postless" RBA regenerable in Dual coil, the RBA can be purchased separately. Unfortunately Smok didn't send it to me, so I hope this test is just postponed.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 17.jpg

How the Mod works:
    Smok Arcfox Mod is equipped with a new IQ-S chipset which not only provides a very fast ignition time of 0.001 seconds, but also provides customizable output modes (Power / TC) to support different vaping styles.
    The 0.96 "color screen is bright and legible, shows all the information useful for vaping; selected mode, level and percentage of cell recharge, Ohms, Volt, set power, lock / unlock symbol, total number of puffs and duration of the last Puff.

Using the keys:
    - Five clicks on the Fire button to turn the device on / off
    - Press the Fire key and the "+" button at the same time to change theme (Blue, Orange, Red, Purple, White, Green)
    - Press the Fire button and the "-" button at the same time to clear Puff's number
    - Press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously to lock / unlock the screen.

Menu settings:
    - Press fire key 3 times to enter menu setting interface and long press fire to exit. Press the "+" or "-" buttons to switch between "POWER", "TC-TI", "TC-NI" and "TC-SS". Click on Fire to set the options and press the "+" or "-" buttons to set the data adjustment.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 18.jpg

The dual 18650 cell allows for great autonomy and immersive vaping, in addition the USB Type-C port with balanced charging at a maximum speed of 2.0A prolongs the life of the batteries and also reduces the charging time. However, for greater safety and less wear, I always use an external charger for my cells and I recommend everyone to do it.

Protections and Alerts:
    - Power Off: The battery voltage is less than 2.9V ± 0.1V.
    - Battery Low: The battery voltage is less than 3.2V ± 0.1V.
    - Ohms Too Low: Resistance is less than 0.100 ± 5% in WW mode or 0.05Ω ± 5% in TC mode.
    - Ohms Too High: Resistance is greater than 2.50 ± 5% in VW mode or 2.0Ω ± 5% in TC mode.
    - No Atomizer: The atomizer was not detected.
    - Atomizer Short: A short circuit has been detected.
    - PCBA Too Hot: The PCBA temperature is too high and protection starts.
    - Time Over: The vape time exceeds 8 consecutive seconds.

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 19.jpg

Final Conclusions and Highlights:
    • IP67
    • Classic design
    • Good finishes
    • Used materials
    • Feeling of compactness and sturdiness
    • Large front fire button
    • Clear and legible 6-color side display
    • Arcfox Mod can elegantly host several tanks
    • New IQ-S Chipset (WW-TC NI-TI-SS) 0.001s
    • Security levels
    • New AFCs for TFV18
    • Comfortable refill
    • Large liquid capacity
    • Circular transfer TFV18 copper contact pins
    • New high performance Mesh-Coil
    • Several Drip-Tips in colored resin (Optional)
    • Smok / Wotofo dual coil RBA (Optional)

I found no flaws, maybe I could advise Smok to implement the excellent chipset with some functions; like smart coil sensing in VW, or to add Bypass or Stealth mode, however I don't see it as a necessaries actions.

Hoping to have been as comprehensive as possible, I greet you and conclude, if you like this device and are looking for a powerful, robust (IP67), simple, handy and not too heavy device, Smok Arcfox TFV18 Kit 230W could really interest you.
    The Manufacturer's Recommended Retail Price (MSRP) for this Kit is: $ 79.99 approximately € 68.14 (subject to promotions or different offers on various sites or stores).
    Thanks for reading

Thanks to Smok for sending me the product for free in exchange for my honest considerations.
    ARCFOX KIT - SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

Smok Arcfox Kit 230W 20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread