Smok baby beast spitting juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
Hi!
Haven't paid much attention to what's new in the vaping world.
Been happily vaping on my provari and kayfun lite tank for the last couple of years.

After dropping the ecig numerous times, it has started leaking somewhat now and then, so thought it was time to invest in a new kit.

I bought the smok alien kit with the baby beast tank.
Put in a 0,15 ohm atomizer, said to function best between 45-60w.
put it all together making sure it was all on tight.

Filled it through the filling hole at the top with 50/50 xo menthol ice from liberty flights.
I then let it sit for a few minutes to have the cotten soak up.

Now vaping on it betwen 40-55w, it crackles and spits a lot of juice which burns my lips.
Doesn't leak.

Tried another atomizer, same result.

I then diluted the juice down to 6mg and 25/75 pg/vg
Thinking maybe the juice was too thin, same result. A lot of crackle,and if i hold my hand over the drip tip while firing it, it will burn my hand.

Tried running it at temperature control aswell, seemed to work the same, it only worked for a few puffs then it set itself back to watts

What am I doing wrong?
I don't have any other juice.

I haven't tried updating the alien mod yet, wouldn't think that would be needed.

K3NSH1R0

Nov 14, 2016
I think it could be the juice but I'm no where near an expert at these things. I to use the Alien Kit but I normally run with 70/30 or 80/20 juice and I don't experience any spitting at all.

I've not used the 0.15 coil much as I was worried about the amp draw but since I've been told to ignore the read out and work out what's being drawn and battery I'm yet to use it again.
Once my Q2 bites the dust I'll throw the T8 back in.
I hope this helps a little.

Can you not get your hands on something 70/30 just to try it?

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
It feels like its flooding, without the gurgling or leaking.
I replaced the o-ring in the pipe. There are another 2 black spare o-rings. No idea what o-rings they are supposed to replace. Can't find them inside the tank. They are too small to replace the orings around the glass tube.

I made some 75/25 yesterday with the same result.
I think sub ohm isn't for me, but the mod should work well with the kayfun right?

I have a 1.5 coil on the kayfun, does 10 watt sound about right?

K3NSH1R0

Nov 14, 2016
It feels like its flooding, without the gurgling or leaking.
I replaced the o-ring in the pipe. There are another 2 black spare o-rings. No idea what o-rings they are supposed to replace. Can't find them inside the tank. They are too small to replace the orings around the glass tube.

I made some 75/25 yesterday with the same result.
I think sub ohm isn't for me, but the mod should work well with the kayfun right?

I have a 1.5 coil on the kayfun, does 10 watt sound about right?

Yes it should work with the kayfun tank, pretty much any tank should work as long as it fits the box.

Not 100% sure what power to put through that coil but the coil will be fine on the alien as it'll do up to 3.0ohmns.
Have you tried the Q2 coil that comes with the Alien?

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
Thanks for the replies.
Tried both coils included in the kit, and three different Q4 coils, all with the same result.
They won't run in Tc mode, so that explains why that happen then.

If i lower the watts to about the minimum printed on the coil it doesnt spit that much, but then there's not much vapor. Not much vapor when i keep it within the best settings either.

Anyway, happy using the kayfun on this mod, with the dual batteries I should have longer batterylife than the provari

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Hi!
Haven't paid much attention to what's new in the vaping world.
Been happily vaping on my provari and kayfun lite tank for the last couple of years.

After dropping the ecig numerous times, it has started leaking somewhat now and then, so thought it was time to invest in a new kit.

I bought the smok alien kit with the baby beast tank.
Put in a 0,15 ohm atomizer, said to function best between 45-60w.
put it all together making sure it was all on tight.

Filled it through the filling hole at the top with 50/50 xo menthol ice from liberty flights.
I then let it sit for a few minutes to have the cotten soak up.

Now vaping on it betwen 40-55w, it crackles and spits a lot of juice which burns my lips.
Doesn't leak.

Tried another atomizer, same result.

I then diluted the juice down to 6mg and 25/75 pg/vg
Thinking maybe the juice was too thin, same result. A lot of crackle,and if i hold my hand over the drip tip while firing it, it will burn my hand.

Tried running it at temperature control aswell, seemed to work the same, it only worked for a few puffs then it set itself back to watts

What am I doing wrong?
I don't have any other juice.

I haven't tried updating the alien mod yet, wouldn't think that would be needed.
Hi Frank,
I have two BabyBeast tanks with same .15 ohm (T8) coils installed
49d944197803105c1dcb96122f1d2341.jpg

I prime the new coils until they're saturated, (very important) put the tank back together and fill from the top thru the fill hole..I take a couple pulls without firing the mod and look for little bubbles, let it sit a few minutes, then take my first hit around 50w..then slowly bump up to my sweet spot of 65-70w with 100% VG and 2.5 mgs of nic..
No spitback at all with good clouds and awesome flavor...
BTW, I've found PG to make my coil
crackle and pop (spitback?) so I don't use any of it in my juice these days..Also spitback can be caused by not enough power to vaporize all the juice in the wick/coil..
Love these BabyBeast tanks! My go to vape these days. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
I've not used the 0.15 coil much as I was worried about the amp draw but since I've been told to ignore the read out and work out what's being drawn and battery I'm yet to use it again.

Ohms dosent make a difference on a regulated mod, so your fine to use the .15 ohm coil.

If you tell me which batterys your using I'll calculate the amp draw for you.

Also ignore the amp-draw on the screen readout as this is used for the mods amp-limit and is the amps being delivered to the coil not the amps being drawn from the battery.

Raymundo vega

Aug 31, 2017
I have tha same problem. I buy 5 new coils but i need to wait it.

For while the coil arrives i do the next things

I wash the coil with somé degreaser and with a tiny piece of wood i clean the inside of the coil , somé black toasted cotton comes out, i rinse a lot the coil and left under the sunlight, i replace all the gasket, the white upper and the black botttom, y refill the tank, Prime with 3 drops inside the coil , next i blow instead of puff until get somé smoke from the air inlet. Now i get the real taste of the juice, a lot of smoke and NO spit!!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would think jumping from the Kayfun to the Smokalien would be a large jump. If the juice is spitting it may be too hot. If you up your VG more, you may be able to get a decent vape out of it with lower wattages, you don't have to be at the "recommended" wattage, being below it is fine. I don't do well with really low resistance coils, and couldn't make DL work for me, so I can't really comment on how to totally fix that problem...

But absolutely, you can run your Kayfun on the new mod while you are figuring out if the new tank is for you.... I'd start low and prime at about 5 watts, as some of these newer mods have extremely efficient power (my Steampunk is one such item). On any other mod, I'd usually run a 1.8 coil at around 10 watts, on the Steampunk I only use 7... etc., just try it out and see what's comfortable, but I think around 10 watts sounds reasonable and yes, you will have excellent battery life.

Hope you get it sorted out!

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I use anything heavy on vg (70 and above) never had a single issue with spitback,couple leaks cause by myself though but quickly fixed. I use my big baby beast which is the same tank but bigger with it's airflow fully open and ofc you have to do dtl inhales when it crackles and stuff it could be you're not inhaling at the right speed for the wattage you're using which makes the coil heat too much. I use the rba section atm so can't really help you out with stock coils but 9/10 times that kind of stuff is user errors and can be easily fixed. I still suggest using liquids with more vg than pg for sub 0hm tanks but that's just me.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Going from a MTL kayfun type inhale technique to a baby beast DTL type inhale technique is going to be a big jump / completely different method of vaping.

It is very important to properly prime a new / unused head before use.
Failure to do so can singe / burn the wicking material surrounding the coil(s) which greatly reduces the ability to wick, which causes low vapor output muted flavor up to odd off funky or burnt tastes.
Drip drops of liquid onto all exposed areas of wicking material until fully saturated, then install head in base, fill tank, thread tank & base together, let sit a few minutes.
Then start 5w-10w below the lowest recommended wattage printed on the head.
Gradually increase power taking a vape or three on each setting until you find what you like.
The w range printed on the head isn't a rule, vape it where you like it best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread