SMOK BEC PRO Bluetooth Mod 50 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
I'm vaping with a .8ohm, dual coil (28g Kanthal) @ 30 watts using a Plume Veil Clone. It's hitting great. I switched it over to mech mode just to see the difference, and it was still a good vape, just took longer to heat up the coil because of the reduced power. I would need a lower ohm coil for mech mode. I hope they develop a Chromebook app... :) I'm loving this thing :)

SensesFailed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Berwick, PA, USA
I just realized I haven't tried mech mode on mine yet. I have my kayfun on it right now(this thing is freaking long with that), but when I decide to rebuild my Patriot coil I'm going to drop it down to .8ish and see how I like it between the different modes.

I'm still not liking that fire button though, that is just way too much play for my liking. Not a killer yet, but just more of a slight annoyance.

Hey Everyone;

I have just uploaded my reviews on this BEC pro on Sunday. My vocal skills are not the best, I am not as technical as some of the others, I am just a consumer that loves to vape and share my thoughts on video about the devices I use and like. Good or Bad. But with this Mod SMOK Bec pro, is a great intro in to the mechanics of vaping. For me and some others that have tried this, most of the responses are positive. For me I really like this unit, I can see it better, since I am legally blind, I can change from a Clearomizer, Cartomizer and my Surric Vapes Galaxy dripper without changing a thing. Yes, If I would like more power, for increased flavor or cloud, the option is always at my finger tips. I love the way you can setup custom configurations for certain tanks, carto's and drippers. And with a touch of a finger it sets me up the same way everytime. It works very well on high ohm builds or high ohm Carto's 2.5 to 2.8 ohms. I have found that sub ohm builds are not really what I dig. For my Kayfun 3.1 at a .9 build, it gives me that warm taste that I really like, without getting the dry hits when I am chain vaping, it is just consistent all the time.

All of my new reviews on the are up on youtube now. I even have a interesting video on winding coils with a device I found at amazon, called the artistic coil wrapping Gizmo, It works for me. So check them out I hope that I can help someone out there? So Take care all, and "remember keep on Vaping!"

Vapovet
youtube, tumbler, facebook and instagram

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I'm vaping with a .8ohm, dual coil (28g Kanthal) @ 30 watts using a Plume Veil Clone. It's hitting great. I switched it over to mech mode just to see the difference, and it was still a good vape, just took longer to heat up the coil because of the reduced power. I would need a lower ohm coil for mech mode. I hope they develop a Chromebook app... :) I'm loving this thing :)

I'll have to try .8 ohms again. I thought I remembered it hitting harder with .4 ohm builds before but I could be mistaken on that. .4 in mech mode is great though.

Now I need to figure out how much power I will need to get a decent hit with nic free juice.

SensesFailed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Berwick, PA, USA
I'm rather new to low ohm and high watt vaping...I had to lower my nic level...it was making me sick :-/

I'm not really cloud chasing; just trying to get a warmer, more flavorful vape.

That's actually the one thing I learned pretty quickly lol. I've gotten my nic level down to 12mg at this point, but I buy 6 or lower for when use on my lower ohm coils

Renerene

Moved On
Sep 5, 2013
Holland
This is interesting, from P Absurdo's youtube comments:

Mat Marana4 days ago (edited)

Phil I wanted to ask you a quick question, did the device get hot without repeating firing? Say for instance if you had a .5 ohm (or whatever the lowest resistance it will fire in regulated mode) get hot at 50 watts with only a few fires, in a more feasible usage scenario?

pbusardo3 days ago

+Mat Marana Thanks Mat. I noticed the heat right away while getting the numbers from it. I've NEVER had that happen with a device before. This is what lead me down the path to that test you saw. So to answer your question, I believe yes.

He does not state YES he BELIEVES yes.... believe....
&
I noticed the heat right away while getting the numbers from it ????????? So not using it normal, no, GETTING THE NUMBERS FROM IT..... ((One can only guess how he did get the numbers...)

So far as I can tell, people owning this device never mentioned this device getting warm or even hot when using it like Mat Marana asks. Yet, P. Absordo BELIEVES yes..... BELIEVES... Yet he states he was getting the numbers from it.....

Im considering to call P Absurdo a scumbag. Its obvious he is cheating AND lying.

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
This is interesting, from P Absurdo's youtube comments:

Mat Marana4 days ago (edited)

Phil I wanted to ask you a quick question, did the device get hot without repeating firing? Say for instance if you had a .5 ohm (or whatever the lowest resistance it will fire in regulated mode) get hot at 50 watts with only a few fires, in a more feasible usage scenario?

pbusardo3 days ago

+Mat Marana Thanks Mat. I noticed the heat right away while getting the numbers from it. I've NEVER had that happen with a device before. This is what lead me down the path to that test you saw. So to answer your question, I believe yes.

He does not state YES he BELIEVES yes.... believe....
&
I noticed the heat right away while getting the numbers from it ????????? So not using it normal, no, GETTING THE NUMBERS FROM IT..... ((One can only guess how he did get the numbers...)

So far as I can tell, people owning this device never mentioned this device getting warm or even hot when using it like Mat Marana asks. Yet, P. Absordo BELIEVES yes..... BELIEVES... Yet he states he was getting the numbers from it.....

Im considering to call P Absordo a scumbag. Its obvious he is cheating AND lying.

You sound like you work for SMOK. I have the device, and yes it gets warm. He also says he has never noticed heat when testing a device before. Why are you acting like he took your first born child from you? The BEC Pro is far from a perfect device, though to be fair, I have yet to find the perfect PV.

Renerene

Moved On
Sep 5, 2013
Holland
You sound like you work for SMOK. I have the device, and yes it gets warm. He also says he has never noticed heat when testing a device before. Why are you acting like he took your first born child from you? The BEC Pro is far from a perfect device, though to be fair, I have yet to find the perfect PV.

I do not own a BEC PRO, nor will I ever buy such devices.

Weird how this particular mod has issues - I mean the Smoktech brand name has been synonymous with quality for years.

Who ever could forget the classic spontaneously combusting Groove or the wonderful air tight telescope - the one completely without vent holes.

Apparently they've let their standards drop lately[emoji12]

haha

If anyone is wondering what AnsonJames is referring to:

Smoktech Groove Fire Hazard.

Smoktech Telescope battery venting (or lack thereof).

Renerene

Moved On
Sep 5, 2013
Holland
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate

Renerene

Moved On
Sep 5, 2013
Holland
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate

Renerene

Moved On
Sep 5, 2013
Holland
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Cleaning up

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Cleaning up

SensesFailed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Berwick, PA, USA
It's a conspiracy everyone!

Phil is working for Provape and he's out to discredit every other manufacturer of E-cigs - then Provari and Phil will take over the world!

CONSPIRACY!!!!! BY GAWD!!!!!!

e04.jpg

But anyway, back on topic, mostly to Caged because I know he's had the issues, where do you start to see the heating issues when you are vaping on your BEC Pro, I mean, I've started looking at the temp, but I'm wondering about where you keep it where you don't see of these issues.

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
My BEC Pro will no longer power on. Every once in a while it looks like it's starting up, but I'm not actually able to power it on (i.e. you see the start up screen, but it won't do anything after). Sucks because I am at work and do not have a back up with me.

Does anyone have experience with SMOK and warranty work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread