Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
My BEC Pro will no longer power on. Every once in a while it looks like it's starting up, but I'm not actually able to power it on (i.e. you see the start up screen, but it won't do anything after). Sucks because I am at work and do not have a back up with me.

Does anyone have experience with smok and warranty work?

Oh, no! I do hope that your work day ends soon. That really does suck :( Sorry, never had a warranty issue with smok. Maybe contact the vendor that you bought it from?

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
My BEC Pro will no longer power on. Every once in a while it looks like it's starting up, but I'm not actually able to power it on (i.e. you see the start up screen, but it won't do anything after). Sucks because I am at work and do not have a back up with me.

Does anyone have experience with smok and warranty work?

THAT SUCKS! Sounds to me like you got a dud...I think there is a 2 or 3 month warranty for this device. Not sure how to get it though. I would contact Smoktech directly, tell them exactly what you've been through with the product, request a refund (or replacement) and go from there. You may as well contact the vendor also and let them know. Hopefully this won't be a common problem with the device. So far, mine is working really well.

Also, (you may have already done this) try using a different high drain/high amp battery, check your coils, make sure the device isn't locked etc. If you're using the same battery that the device got hot with (sounded like a short), it may have damaged the battery.

Hope this helps :-/

Last edited:

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
The vendor should take care of it for you. I looked at the website where I got mine and they have a page to request an RMA # where you enter details of "reason for return" etc. Let the vendor know that you already contacted Smoktech directly and that they don't support 3rd party purchases. This is another thing that Smoktech needs to work on. There should be no problem with going directly to them for return or exchange, however, doing it through the vendor may prove to be simpler depending on where you live and where the vendor is located...just my opinion.

Last edited:

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
Thanks for your review, Vapor Vet :)
Hey everyone

the Vapor Vet here, I should have mine by Tuesday next week I will do a small preliminary review on Youttube next week with a follow up after a few weeks of using this for a in depth review. I don't know about the App controlled mods yet, if it is a Fad or the way of the future. I really like the idea that the firmware can be up graded in the future allowing a higher wattage use. There seems to be a lot more App controlled mods coming in the future according to the Vendors at the ECC last week in Ontario, CA. At this time i heard of about 10 new devices that will coming out in the late fall or early next year that all will be App controlled on your smart phones and tablets. There are even some that will remember the RDA, RBA and even clearomizer to automatically set it when it is attached! For me and a lot of the Vapors out at the show thought that this would be a great Idea and a great selling point for the novices that are just starting to vape. I am a novice myself but with all of you here along with Rick Tripper, Nick "Grimmgreen" My knowledge has increased 10 fold. So watch for my review next week and I hope it lives up to everyone that is wanting more info about this new Smok BEC pro. Take Care all and remember Don't smoke, just vape!

May I ask the fellow users of the BEC PRO what their current setup is? I currently have a Kayfun lite sitting on top of mine with a 1.9 ohm coil. If memory serves me correctly, my coil was wrapped around a #0 screwdriver for a 10/9 wrap. Using Bluetooth I have a custom wattage setting of 20 watts for 1s then it drops to 15 watts for 2s then it automatically drops to 12 watts for the remaining time that I can pull. Normal drags are about 3-4 seconds, but have had a couple of 6 second pulls. It produces, for me anyways a very moist and warm vape. I'm really enjoying my vape with this device, although the higher wattage settings are using more liquid. I have gone through approximately 45ml of liquid since having the device for just over 2 weeks. Most all of my coils have been above the one ohm mark since I started vaping. I think my next teardown I will see about putting on a sub ohm coil on just to see what all the hype is about.

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
I've still got the same one I started with... .8ohm, dual/micro, 28 g Kanthal on a Plume clone, using rayon for wick and DIY juice...vaping at 35 watts...messed around with the bluetooth a little, but don't really need it for my purposes. I want to get some 24g or 26g kanthal to get more surface area. Too much throat hit right now..not sure how to fix that. So far I really like the device.

The iWhore

Aug 3, 2014
Houston, TX
I got one a week ago and already the black plastic has cracked. Not sure if it was from e-liquid staying on it, as that is known to ruin plastic in some tank systems, or what, but I have not dropped it or anything like that to facilitate a crack.

I love this thing completely, but the cracked black plastic is rather annoying. I have emailed them to see if this is something I can fix on my own and if they would send a few replacements, so we'll see what they say.

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
That would really bug me too. I would try to get a whole new replacement from the vendor if possible.
I got one a week ago and already the black plastic has cracked. Not sure if it was from e-liquid staying on it, as that is known to ruin plastic in some tank systems, or what, but I have not dropped it or anything like that to facilitate a crack.

I love this thing completely, but the cracked black plastic is rather annoying. I have emailed them to see if this is something I can fix on my own and if they would send a few replacements, so we'll see what they say.

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
I think the plastic cracking was probably caused by heat from the tank transferring through the 510 connection ring to the plastic. The 510 connection ring is recessed, so you can unscrew it some so that it's not touching the plastic. This is how some people fill the gap between their rda/rba so that it's flush against the ring. Not sure if that's 100% accurate. Certainly, something to consider.

SensesFailed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Berwick, PA, USA
So after some time with it, I haven't had any problems with the device itself, although I do have issues with it, like the temp, the fact that the app doesn't work with all android devices, imo, too much play in the button. The screen itself seems so outdated considering we have devices now that show so much more instead of just one thing. All in all, it's not a terrible device. I know some have had issues with theirs, so who knows.

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
I was testing a coil today, and put it on my BEC to check the glow etc...it fired at .2 ohms :-O
I wouldn't normally do such a low ohm coil on my BEC...just surprised that it fired.

I agree that the button could be a little more firm...it feels like there is a magnet in the button...maybe it'll last longer...

Mine is working great...glad I got it...

paxile2k

Feb 18, 2012
AZ
Do any of you have this device... Been vaping for 5 days at 40w now it... And it doesn't get hot... As for in the bag, it shuts down without use and the button needs to be pressed 5 times quickly to turn it on... Not only that but I lock it when not in use... I only use vtc5 batteries...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have it, and really like it. I will say going from an evic to this was a bit of change, but got used to it. I do use the mobile app but not a great deal. I have not cranked it past 12w as I only have some Panosonic 3400 and Samsung 2600 batteries, so I tend to stay around 8-9w @ most. It has NOT gotten hot, a little warm but of course the atty was hot/warm as I am using either a smoktech rdc clearo or the fogger v4+ running @ 1.13ohm. To me that is heat transfer, bottom cap has never been hot or warm. I have used it in all modes (Mech / VV / VW) and have had NO issues at all.

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
I'm wondering what kind of atty's, builds, etc people are using on their BEC Pro...what are you getting the best performance from, etc.

Currently I'm using a Magma RDA @ .8 ohms using 26g kanthal...vaping at 35-40 watts. Pretty good vape...the device itself get's a little warm, but not hot. IMG_20141011_172002622.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread