The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SMOK BEC PRO Bluetooth Mod 50 Watt

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by wolfstone5, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. salemgold

salemgold ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    Oh, no! I do hope that your work day ends soon. That really does suck :( Sorry, never had a warranty issue with SMOK. Maybe contact the vendor that you bought it from?

2. superjoefly

superjoefly Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Houston, TX
    THAT SUCKS! Sounds to me like you got a dud...I think there is a 2 or 3 month warranty for this device. Not sure how to get it though. I would contact Smoktech directly, tell them exactly what you've been through with the product, request a refund (or replacement) and go from there. You may as well contact the vendor also and let them know. Hopefully this won't be a common problem with the device. So far, mine is working really well.

Also, (you may have already done this) try using a different high drain/high amp battery, check your coils, make sure the device isn't locked etc. If you're using the same battery that the device got hot with (sounded like a short), it may have damaged the battery.

Hope this helps :-/

3. superjoefly

superjoefly Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Houston, TX
    BIG THANKS! to the moderator who cleaned up this thread! :)

4. caged

caged Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    I've contacted the vendor. The instruction booklet states the warranty doesn't cover products purchased through third party vendors (page 10). Really? Wow.

Yes. I'm kind of PO'd right now.

5. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    So is the vendor not going to look after you?

6. caged

caged Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    Don't know yet. I'm not used to going to the vendor for support (and the one time I tried with an e-cig product I was told I needed to contact the manufacturer). We will see.

7. superjoefly

superjoefly Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Houston, TX
    The vendor should take care of it for you. I looked at the website where I got mine and they have a page to request an RMA # where you enter details of "reason for return" etc. Let the vendor know that you already contacted Smoktech directly and that they don't support 3rd party purchases. This is another thing that Smoktech needs to work on. There should be no problem with going directly to them for return or exchange, however, doing it through the vendor may prove to be simpler depending on where you live and where the vendor is located...just my opinion.

8. superjoefly

superjoefly Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for your review, Vapor Vet :)

9. superjoefly

superjoefly Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Houston, TX
    My BEC Pro is hitting HARD! Love it!

10. IMA210

IMA210 Full Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Southwest Missouri
    May I ask the fellow users of the BEC PRO what their current setup is? I currently have a Kayfun lite sitting on top of mine with a 1.9 ohm coil. If memory serves me correctly, my coil was wrapped around a #0 screwdriver for a 10/9 wrap. Using Bluetooth I have a custom wattage setting of 20 watts for 1s then it drops to 15 watts for 2s then it automatically drops to 12 watts for the remaining time that I can pull. Normal drags are about 3-4 seconds, but have had a couple of 6 second pulls. It produces, for me anyways a very moist and warm vape. I'm really enjoying my vape with this device, although the higher wattage settings are using more liquid. I have gone through approximately 45ml of liquid since having the device for just over 2 weeks. Most all of my coils have been above the one ohm mark since I started vaping. I think my next teardown I will see about putting on a sub ohm coil on just to see what all the hype is about.

11. superjoefly

superjoefly Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I've still got the same one I started with... .8ohm, dual/micro, 28 g Kanthal on a Plume clone, using rayon for wick and DIY juice...vaping at 35 watts...messed around with the bluetooth a little, but don't really need it for my purposes. I want to get some 24g or 26g kanthal to get more surface area. Too much throat hit right now..not sure how to fix that. So far I really like the device.

12. The iWhore

The iWhore Full Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I got one a week ago and already the black plastic has cracked. Not sure if it was from e-liquid staying on it, as that is known to ruin plastic in some tank systems, or what, but I have not dropped it or anything like that to facilitate a crack.

I love this thing completely, but the cracked black plastic is rather annoying. I have emailed them to see if this is something I can fix on my own and if they would send a few replacements, so we'll see what they say.

13. superjoefly

superjoefly Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Houston, TX
    That would really bug me too. I would try to get a whole new replacement from the vendor if possible.

14. superjoefly

superjoefly Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I think the plastic cracking was probably caused by heat from the tank transferring through the 510 connection ring to the plastic. The 510 connection ring is recessed, so you can unscrew it some so that it's not touching the plastic. This is how some people fill the gap between their rda/rba so that it's flush against the ring. Not sure if that's 100% accurate. Certainly, something to consider.

15. SensesFailed

SensesFailed Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2014
    Berwick, PA, USA
    So after some time with it, I haven't had any problems with the device itself, although I do have issues with it, like the temp, the fact that the app doesn't work with all android devices, imo, too much play in the button. The screen itself seems so outdated considering we have devices now that show so much more instead of just one thing. All in all, it's not a terrible device. I know some have had issues with theirs, so who knows.

16. superjoefly

superjoefly Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I was testing a coil today, and put it on my BEC to check the glow etc...it fired at .2 ohms :-O
    I wouldn't normally do such a low ohm coil on my BEC...just surprised that it fired.

I agree that the button could be a little more firm...it feels like there is a magnet in the button...maybe it'll last longer...

Mine is working great...glad I got it...

17. Heespharm

Heespharm Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2014
    Htown,tx
    It's rated down to 0.2 ohms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. superjoefly

superjoefly Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Oh...I thought it was .3 :) Thanks :)

We're both in Houston too :) Cool :)

19. paxile2k

paxile2k Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    AZ
    I have it, and really like it. I will say going from an evic to this was a bit of change, but got used to it. I do use the mobile app but not a great deal. I have not cranked it past 12w as I only have some Panosonic 3400 and Samsung 2600 batteries, so I tend to stay around 8-9w @ most. It has NOT gotten hot, a little warm but of course the atty was hot/warm as I am using either a smoktech rdc clearo or the fogger v4+ running @ 1.13ohm. To me that is heat transfer, bottom cap has never been hot or warm. I have used it in all modes (Mech / VV / VW) and have had NO issues at all.

20. superjoefly

superjoefly Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I'm wondering what kind of atty's, builds, etc people are using on their BEC Pro...what are you getting the best performance from, etc.

Currently I'm using a Magma RDA @ .8 ohms using 26g kanthal...vaping at 35-40 watts. Pretty good vape...the device itself get's a little warm, but not hot. IMG_20141011_172002622.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.