Status
Not open for further replies.

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
I searched for a post that I read some time ago, but didn't find it.
It was in regards to buying the V8 Baby RBA deck (wherever you could find it) and the glass section from Kidney Puncher. I'm in no way knocking Kidney Puncher or their product.
I blew up 2 mods using the RBA deck in a tank that came in the starter kits and not purchased as a stand alone tank.
I checked the decks in all the usual ways and had a good .38 ohm reading on them. I even double checked again after building it and filling it. It all checked out.
Then while using it, my mod blew and almost went thermal on me. I checked the tank on my meter again. Now it registered .01 ohm. I don't know what the issue is or if there's a fix out there, I only know I blew up 2 mods and almost blew a third today using a different tank and RBA deck.

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
FYI I did find a thread discussing this problem. It's most likely cause is that the included coils are 3mm and touching the inside cap. Recommendation is to use 2.5mm coils. You can shrink a pre-built coil by putting it on a 2.5mm mandrel and pulling both legs with pliers.
I haven't done this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread