Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Hola!

Just got a SMOK Big Baby Light tank with the LED in the base. I'm reading conflicting reports about whether the TFV8 Big Baby RBA will work with this tank.

Any SMOK people have any info/experience with this?

Thanks,
Damon
There is no BIG baby RBA sold by itself, unless SMOK released it.

Think what you are referring to is the BABY RBA kit.

The rba section itself eorks fine in the BIG baby tank. Problem is, the RBA section is slightly larger than the premade coils. So when using the rba section with either tank, you need a larger glass section. The larger glass doesnt come with the light edition tank, or tanks in co bo with mods.

If you want to use the rba with your BIG baby tank, it will work fine, but you need the larger glass.

So you need to buy a standard edition BIG BABY tank that includes the rba and glass. Then you can use that glass with your light edition.

The rba kit sold by itself has the rba and the glass piece you need for the rba to work with the BABY tank only, not the BIG baby.

So if you buy a full regular big baby tank with the rba, you get the glass too.

Confused yet, lol

• Useful
Reactions: smizak

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
There is no BIG baby RBA sold by itself, unless SMOK released it.

Think what you are referring to is the BABY RBA kit.

The rba section itself eorks fine in the BIG baby tank. Problem is, the RBA section is slightly larger than the premade coils. So when using the rba section with either tank, you need a larger glass section. The larger glass doesnt come with the light edition tank, or tanks in co bo with mods.

If you want to use the rba with your BIG baby tank, it will work fine, but you need the larger glass.

So you need to buy a standard edition BIG BABY tank that includes the rba and glass. Then you can use that glass with your light edition.

The rba kit sold by itself has the rba and the glass piece you need for the rba to work with the BABY tank only, not the BIG baby.

So if you buy a full regular big baby tank with the rba, you get the glass too.

Confused yet, lol
@score69, OP was asking after use of the RBA in the light up version.

I don't have one, so I cannot say with any certainty, but Smok does sell a big baby light advanced edition that comes with an RBA, so an RBA IS available. Likely uses the same head, but, again, no degree of certainty, here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Useful

smizak

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2018
I'm spun.

;)

Thanks dooders. Again, it seems like the dealers know the difference, but SMOK's website has got me crossed up. SMOK straight up says V8-Baby RBA will work, however, any other store says nix. The size specifications for the Big Baby and Big Baby Light are identical.

So @score69 , you're saying the glass only comes with the kit and I'll have to buy another tank to accommodate the RBA. Lol, sucks because I just cut a trace on the Light Edition to disable the corny light.

Vaping is hard.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'm spun.

;)

Thanks dooders. Again, it seems like the dealers know the difference, but SMOK's website has got me crossed up. SMOK straight up says V8-Baby RBA will work, however, any other store says nix. The size specifications for the Big Baby and Big Baby Light are identical.

So @score69 , you're saying the glass only comes with the kit and I'll have to buy another tank to accommodate the RBA. Lol, sucks because I just cut a trace on the Light Edition to disable the corny light.

Vaping is hard.
Yes, the RBA piece itself will fit your tank. However, you need a larger glass piece to use with the RBA and that doesn't come with the light edition of the BBB (or the non-light edition when the tank comes with a mod, etc).

I believe the spare glass that comes with the light edition tank is non-RBA size since the tank doesn't come with the RBA. So you would need to buy the standard edition tank (full tank kit with RBA) and use the larger glass that comes with it. Kind of screwed up how they packaged this stuff.

Here's the smaller Baby Beast packaging:
1) Baby Beast Full Tank Kit - Comes with BB tank and replacement non-RBA glass (no RBA or RBA sized glass)
2) Baby Beast RBA Kit (think this is what you are talking about buying?) - Comes with RBA which works with all Baby Beast the tanks, but the glass piece only works with the smaller BB. not BIG BB tanks (light or non-light BIG BB)

They packaged it this way for the smaller tank since buying the full kit of the original BB tank (again smaller) has no RBA or RBA sized glass For the smaller tank, you can get it with a mod bundle or full tank kit and the RBA kit provides RBA and glass you need.

Here's the larger BIG Baby Beast packaging:
1) BIG Baby Beast Full Tank Kit (non-light) - Comes with BBB tank, RBA, RBA sized glass piece (you swap the glass if you are using the RBA)
2) BIG Baby Beast Light Edition - Comes with NO RBA, and therefore no larger glass for use with the RBA. Replacement glass is non-RBA size as well.

Getting ANY of the three tanks (BB, BIG BB, or BBB light edition) with a mod package has NO RBA, and NO RBA sized glass. However, SMOK only released the RBA kit with the larger glass for the BB tank so far. You can't buy a BIG BB RBA kit with the larger glass needed for the larger tank. So you have to buy the BIG Baby Beast Full tank Kit (non-light) to get the glass you need to use with the RBA (this also comes with the RBA). Unless you can find the larger BBB RBA glass piece by iteself. I couldn't find anyone selling just the glass.

So you could buy the BIG Baby Beast Full tank Kit (non-light) and use the RBA and larger glass that comes with it in your light edition tank.

You see comments and conflicting stuff online about all of this because folks are trying to say the RBA itself works in either tank. However, SMOK doesn't sell the glass piece or RBA 'kit' to add on to the BIG BB tank. So buying the BB RBA kit won't give you the glass piece you need for the light edition tank or larger BIG BB tank.

Confusing, yeah??? I hope I explained it? I did as best as I could, lol. I got a BIG BB tank with a mod and liked it for premade coils, but unless you have the smaller BB tank as well you'll need to buy the full tank to get the glass.

• Useful

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
@score69, OP was asking after use of the RBA in the light up version.

I don't have one, so I cannot say with any certainty, but Smok does sell a big baby light advanced edition that comes with an RBA, so an RBA IS available. Likely uses the same head, but, again, no degree of certainty, here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Thanks Shawn. I didn't realize that SMOK released an 'advanced' packaging of the light edition as well. What a train wreck. I'll have to take a look at this.

So I guess if you buy the 'advanced' light edition tank without a mod, you will get the RBA and glass piece you need with the tank. Original packaging of light edition (or getting it with a mod) doesn't contain the RBA or larger glass.

The RBA deck itself is able to be used on any of the tanks. It's just getting the RBA glass for your tank since for the BB line of tanks only has the RBA 'kit' for the smaller BB tank.

I guess the easiest way to sum it up:

1) If your tank comes with the RBA, they will/should also provide the larger glass piece.
2) For smaller BB tank, no packaging exists that includes the RBA/glass, that's why the sell the RBA 'kit'
3) For BIG BB, only full tank kits containing the RBA will also have the glass.

Last edited:
  • Useful

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Ordered both. The two reviews precisely state my problem so I'm stoked there's a solution.
Oh yeah, there's a solution. It's just extremely difficult to figure out if you didn't get the RBA and glass with your tank, lol. Gotta love how SMOK released/marketed them.

I know I was really confused when I first tried using the RBA in my BIG BB that came with a kit. That's why I TRIED to help explain. Hopefully I didn't make it worse. It took me some researching to figure it all out.

I ended up buying a full tank by itself to get the RBA and glass. Figured it was only about $10 more than buying the RBA kit/finding the glass, and then I would at least have a back up tank and two more coils. I had already bought the RBA kit you got and didn't realize I needed the special glass for my full size tank until the RBA kit came.

Good times huh? Hope you enjoy the RBA.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
From earlier days I have 3 TFV8 big baby beast tanks, all have the RBA so I can use SS coils. I use my vape store and it supplies all the info on what will work with what which makes things easier. I also used a China based website for some parts for Smok, a bit cheaper and hard to find items but the shipping is so slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread