Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello friends and welcome back for today's review that was provided to me from sourcemore and can be purchased from them using this link SMOK Fortis Kit Single 18650/21700 Pod Mod Kit and here's a coupon code for some $ savings FORTIS. Here's a basic rundown of the Fortis Kit prior to by review. This is a single battery mod that you can run 3 different size batteries in, smok only advertises that a 21700 or 18650 can be used but you can also run 20700 batteries as well. The Fortis is a wattage only device making it very easy to operate and has 2 different wattage ranges depending on what battery you choose to use in it ( 21700 or 20700 - 5-100w ) or ( 18650 - 5-80w ), Smok provides a 18650 battery adapter that's shipped with it inside the battery tube so if using a 21700 or 20700 remove it first. This kit also comes with a new sized TFV18 tank that has been shrunk down called the TFV18 Mini. Now that you know the basics of the kit let's get started with the review on the

1625476616459.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

fortis_1.png
    SMOK_Fortis_Kit_colors.jpg

fortis_1.png

INCLUDED IN THE KIT

0kpzk4k93JcoPEA9xGDPsqnP0ej.jpeg

SPECIFICATIONS

1625476634666.jpg

TFV18 MINI TANK COLORS

1625643639215.jpg

6.5ML CAPACITY ( STANDARD EDITION )

1625476789715.jpg

EASY OPEN PUSH BUTTON SWING-OUT TOP CAP

SMOK-FORTIS-KIT-07.jpg

SMOK-FORTIS-KIT-How-To-Fill-With-E-Liquid.jpg

INCLUDED COILS ( 0.2Ω MESH )

SMOK-FORTIS-KIT-06.jpg

OPTIONAL COILS

SMOK-FORTIS-KIT-Coils.jpg

TRIPLE AIRFLOW SLOTS

SMOK-FORTIS-KIT-05.jpg

FAST COIL HEATING

SMOK_Fortis_Kit_tank.jpg

18650 -20700 - 21700 ( BATTERY CHOICES )

SMOK-FORTIS-KIT-Single-21700-18650-Battery.jpg

TYPE-C 1.4A FAST CHARGING

SMOK-FORTIS-KIT-1.4A-Type-C-Charging.jpg

0.96" DISPLAY SCREEN WITH 6 COLOR THEMES

SMOK_Fortis_Kit_feature3.jpg

BREAKDOWN

SMOK-FORTIS-KIT-Components.jpg

FORTIS FEATURES

• Dimensions - 94mm by 38.8mm by 32.4mm
    • Single High-Amp 18650/20700/21700 Battery - Not Included
    • Wattage Output Range - 18650: 5-80W
    • Wattage Output Range - 2X700: 5-100W
    • Voltage Output Range: 1.0-6.4V
    • Resistance Range: 0.1-2.5ohm
    • Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
    • Intuitive Firing Button
    • 0.96" TFT Color Display
    • Two Adjustment Buttons
    • Threaded 510 Connection
    • Type-C USB Port

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Packaging is the standard box in a sleeve, lifting off the box cover reveals the Fortis device resting in a cutout of foam with a pull tap at the top to assist in lifting the top foam cutout portion, underneath is the TFV18 Mini tank, extra coil, spare bubble glass, type-charge cord, spare tank gaskets, Fortis Kit user manual, warranty card and safe battery information card.

The device is wrapped in a realistic feeling leather that is soft but doesn't have very much cushion to it, the color I was sent is a matt finish silver that has the SMOK name on one side and the devices name of FORTIS on the other side. I really like the look of the device that kind of resembles the Drag mods a bit.

20210929_124554.jpg

I'm so glad that SMOK decided to shrink down the TFV18 Tank to a much better size, the original was too tall of a tank in my opinion, you do loose some capacity but 6.5ml is plenty.

One thing I need to point out is that the drip tip is a sleeve type which if you loose it your SOL unless you have another drip tip of this type or you can purchase a new one from SMOK. Normally I prefer a straight glass tube over a bubble glass but the TFV18 Mini is only bubble glass of which you receive 2. On the Mini the bubble looks good and is size appropriate for the device making a very attractive combination of the two.

Another nice feature is depending on what color kit you order the tank O-rings will match the color of the device.

The supplied 0.2Ω mesh coils are beefy with a square design and screw into the base of the tank, don't forget to prime the coil first before screwing the base on to the tank and after filling the tank with juice let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes letting the coil become fully saturated with juice.

20211002_131729.jpg

The TFV18 Mini uses a push button to release and unlock the top cap that can then be swung out counter clockwise for juice filling, a open sign with a arrow is printed on the top cap. The fill port is large enough to accommodate a 100ml bottle tip or glass dripper. I do like the embossed SMOK name on the leather spine between the white stitching on each side of it, the stitching is tight with no loose ends or fraying of any kind.

20211002_151913.jpg

20210930_143913.jpg

There is plenty of airflow for all you air lovers because of the triple airflow slots with hard stops, this is a very airy tank and I had to close the airflow down to 1/4 open to get a RDL vape. Another item to point out is this is a noisy tank as well and if you close the airflow down past 1/4 a whistle sound develops.

20210930_144216.jpg

The spring loaded 510 appears to be screwed in from the top with 3 screws. There is a good amount of travel on the 510 pin and every tank that I screwed on sat flush without any kind of gap.

20210929_132520.jpg

The battery door is located on the bottom and is opened by sliding outward away from the display screen and feels pretty solid with little movement of it, when a battery is installed no movement or battery rattle is found using a 21700, 20700 or 18650 with the supplied adapter for it. 2 raised tabs and a raised arrow point the way and assist in opening.

20210929_132906.jpg

Once opened a look inside shows battery polarity position with a Red positive plus symbol inside the battery tube and a negative minus symbol on the battery door that should be highlighted in white to be seen easier.

20210929_142217.jpg

Having the option to use 3 types of batteries to operate the Fortis is great especially if you don't have a supply of 21700's or any to speak of, and if by chance you still have some 20700's they work just as well even though it's not publicized by Smok.

The device that I received is rattle free from battery rattle or button rattle. Being a wattage only device makes operating it a breeze having to only remember 4 button combinations instead of a menu system. When a battery is first installed and the device is powered up it will ask what battery is being used either 18650 or 21700, use either adjustment button to move to the battery box your using then long press the fire button to set and designate your selection. If your using a 20700 you should choose 21700 when asked.

BUTTON COMBINATIONS

* On/Off - 5 Presses of the fire button

* Locking/Unlocking The Entire Device - 3 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button

* Locking/Unlocking Adjustment Buttons - Press And Hold The Up And Down Buttons

* Color Change - Press The Fire And Up Button

* Clearing The Puff Counter - Press And Hold The Fire And Down Buttons

Smok did a great job on this whole kit from the tank to the mod, I liked the TFV18 Tank for it's performance but I'm not a fan of really tall tanks because of a greater chance of them being knocked over and have a possible broken glass tube so when I saw the TFV18 Mini I said finally a smaller TFV18 that is more size appropriate for most devices.

You get 2 of the same 0.2Ω mesh coils that have a large wattage range of 40-80w and a best setting of 60w, my sweet spot on the coil is 52w and I keep the airflow 1/4 open for a RDL vape because it's such a air machine.

Smok has really stepped up on coil production, the 0.2Ω mesh really puts out very good flavor with thick vapor as well.

Having a push button top cap means I don't have a top cap to hold or set down when refilling and it locks back into place with a click when swung back to the closed position, I don't know what the longevity of the push button is but it feels very solid. My one grip with the tank is the sleeve type of drip tip it has, you are unable to use another 810 drip tip because of this style, thankfully it's comfortable to use and looks good appearance wise. I am thoroughly pleased with the redesign for the TFV18 Mini minus the sleeve type drip tip.

Getting back to the Fortis device I'm going to call it a mid-weight device even with the tank installed, I mean it's not light or heavy but falls somewhere in between. I'm alright with the branding of SMOK on one side and FORTIS on the other because there printed at the bottom taking up only 1/4 of the device's real estate not the whole side, even the entire spine that's embossed with the SMOK name is done in such a way as to not be brazenly bold but done lightly.

All devices these days should have a color display screen and the Fortis gives you 6 different color themes to choose from, all of which are very bright and vivid with no washed out colors. Fonts are large and sharp as well and can be seen and recognized easily. To some people having a 4 digit puff counter is important and the Fortis accommodates.

SMOK-FORTIS-KIT-100W.jpg

Being a simple mod you would think some things might have been skimped on but not on this device, even at 4% battery strength the vape is like a full battery telling me it has a boost circuit on the chip. The layout is done very well and it also has a battery percentage reading along with a battery bar, the only thing that's not shown is the battery that is installed in the mod.

DISPLAY SCREEN LAYOUT ( LEFT TO RIGHT - TOP TO BOTTOM )

* Battery Bar

* Battery Percentage

* Wattage

* Seconds Of Last Vape

* Ohms

* Volts

* Puff Counter

20211002_134601.jpg

USING THE FORTIS KIT

I have to tell all of you I'm really impressed by Smok's latest full sized devices and having a single battery device that uses a 21700 with a boost circuit and the ability to run 2 other battery types as well makes them a front runner in the market of well made devices.

The TFV18 Mini is a solid Sub Ohm Tank and now is more size appropriate fitting for the Fortis as well as other devices from Smok or any other vape manufacturer. Coils provided produce very good flavor and are a winner in my book.

The Fortis device is still surprising me and in a great way for looks, hand ergonomics, weight, multi-color display screen, boost circuit, 3 battery options to use and great button feedback as well.

This combination of tank and mod will continue to be used by me in my personal rotation of devices and tanks because I consider them both to be winners. I was averaging between 202-208 vapes on a 21700 Molicel P-42A battery running the device at 52 watts before the battery became depleted of power.

20211002_143053.jpg

I would like to thank Joyi and Sourcemore for providing the Fortis Kit with the TFV18 Mini for the purpose of this review, I also hope my review helped answer any questions some of you might of had. I strongly suggest picking up one of these kits folks. ( IT'S A WINNER )!!

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread